KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Disappointing Films?

Most Disappointing Films?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
"Hellboy: The Golden Army" wasn't anywhere near as memorable as I hoped it to be. It felt almost like Guillermo forgot what the characters were like in the first movie.

Disagree with you on that on.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 07:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Indiana Jones and the extremely disappointing kingdom of the yawnsome Crystal skull

I've managed to avoid that one, thanks for taking one for the team!

big grin

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 08:13 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Jason X, both halloween remakes off the top of my head.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2011 05:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mplo

Re: Most Disappointing Films?

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Not necessarily BAD films; but have you ever gone to see a movie you had certain (possibly high) expectations for and just end up totally let down by it? Or it's far different from what you though it'd be and therefore disappointing? Or there's just a lot of talent behind the film and it all goes to waste?

What are some movies you looked forward to until you actually saw them?

For last year, I was looking forward to both Funny People and Public Enemies. I came out disappointed by both of them, especially Public Enemies - I mean, Mann, Depp and Bale? Shoulda been way better.

Anyway, please share your thoughts!

The Town
Gosford Park

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 10:28 AM
mplo is currently offline Click here to Send mplo a Private Message Find more posts by mplo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Transformers 3 was disappointing, but that was to expected.

However, Harry Potter 7.1 and 7.2 were extremely disappointing, considering the overwhelming hype and the ridiculous ratings (at least for Part 2) they were receiving on Rotten Tomatoes.

In fact, all of Yates Potter Films were disappointing. I don't know why they didn't stick with Cuaron.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:16 PM
-kV- is currently offline Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bertholemew

Superman Returns
Hulk
Watchmen
Waterworld
The Scorpion King

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 07:08 PM
Bertholemew is currently offline Click here to Send Bertholemew a Private Message Find more posts by Bertholemew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

The Princess and the Frog
The Help
The Butterfly Effort
Superman(the remake)
Transformers

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 07:14 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Your Highness...

What director in their right mind would trust their 2 main actors to ad-lib 90% of the dialogue & expect the movie to be a comedy, much less a hit?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 04:56 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gossipexpress
Restricted

Account Restricted

land of dead..

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 07:01 PM
gossipexpress is currently offline Click here to Send gossipexpress a Private Message Find more posts by gossipexpress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Home:The Great Race

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 07:05 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpa_parkcity

Spiderman 3
Matrix Revolutions

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 07:58 PM
cpa_parkcity is currently offline Click here to Send cpa_parkcity a Private Message Find more posts by cpa_parkcity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bertholemew
Waterworld

Don't talk sh*t about Waterworld!!! Dennis Hopper will hunt you from beyond the grave!! lol

Originally posted by Bertholemew

Did you really have expectations for it?! Hahahaha..

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 11:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Very much agree and out of those I was severely disappointed with Predators. It had a great premise but was flat to me and disjointed, especially with the old music stitched on it in some places but not others. The changes in effects for the Preds' invisibilty/weapons/vision killed the continuity also. Predator 2 is severely underrated and was a logical step really as in moving a Pred to an urban environment, it has always been a favourite of mine.

Ah, man. I actually rather liked Predators. I liked the effects, and I liked that it was kind of a simple survival story. Plus Laurence Fishburne! Helllss yeah!! haha

I know I'm probably in the minority on THIS one, but...

Captain America. More like Captain Stinkica!! I should have known, considering the director, but the Tool song on the trailer fooled me... BASTARDS!! lol

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Sep 21st, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 11:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Most disappointing movies.... I'm probably going to get hated on after some of these but oh well. Lying is not good...

Avatar - After all the hype I was frankly expecting to be completely blown away. And I was.... with the 3-D that is. The story to me was kind of eh, and totally predictable. You could easily read an hour ahead after the first 30 or so minutes. The moment you see the big bird thing you knew he'd ride it, you saw how he was changing sides and how it was all shaping up. It's not that that's such a ball buster in itself but all the while It's like i'm being guilt tripped because you, the audience are a part of the humans who want the rocks. Probably something we've done to several civilizations. Graphically amazing yes but really... that's all I'm giving it. Oh and the music was pretty good. I wouldn't say i totally hated the movie but.... was I underwhelmed? Severely, Yes.

Kill Bill Vol.1 - Again, the hype built it up to be something it was not. The first part of the movie i really enjoyed, the intro was fine, the knife fight with the nasty momma was pretty well done in my opinion... but by the time she goes yellow it's gone downhill rapidly. I'm not sure why everyone has the blood pressure of a fire hydrant but imo, it really takes away from the movie ^^' To be honest it's been so long i can't accurately recall all my dislikes with the movie beyond that, which is less than fair i suppose but eh...

Paul - Sorry but for me Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are much better in Shaun of the dead, Hot Fuzz even Run Fat Boy Run was much funnier than Paul. Maybe it was just another case of the trailer had all the best bits, or maybe it really wasn't as funny as it could have been. But it was certainly had more moments of seriousness than humor to it unfortunately for me.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 07:10 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by EvilAngel
Most disappointing movies.... I'm probably going to get hated on after some of these but oh well. Lying is not good...

Avatar - After all the hype I was frankly expecting to be completely blown away. And I was.... with the 3-D that is. The story to me was kind of eh, and totally predictable. You could easily read an hour ahead after the first 30 or so minutes. The moment you see the big bird thing you knew he'd ride it, you saw how he was changing sides and how it was all shaping up. It's not that that's such a ball buster in itself but all the while It's like i'm being guilt tripped because you, the audience are a part of the humans who want the rocks. Probably something we've done to several civilizations. Graphically amazing yes but really... that's all I'm giving it. Oh and the music was pretty good. I wouldn't say i totally hated the movie but.... was I underwhelmed? Severely, Yes.

Kill Bill Vol.1 - Again, the hype built it up to be something it was not. The first part of the movie i really enjoyed, the intro was fine, the knife fight with the nasty momma was pretty well done in my opinion... but by the time she goes yellow it's gone downhill rapidly. I'm not sure why everyone has the blood pressure of a fire hydrant but imo, it really takes away from the movie ^^' To be honest it's been so long i can't accurately recall all my dislikes with the movie beyond that, which is less than fair i suppose but eh...

Paul - Sorry but for me Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are much better in Shaun of the dead, Hot Fuzz even Run Fat Boy Run was much funnier than Paul. Maybe it was just another case of the trailer had all the best bits, or maybe it really wasn't as funny as it could have been. But it was certainly had more moments of seriousness than humor to it unfortunately for me.

I'm totally with you on Avatar. Glad I'm not the only. I enjoyed the film, actually, for what it was, which was a brainless good vs. evil commentary on the war in Iraq. I even agree with what Cameron is pushing. However, the film should have been a bit less black 'n white. There was no complexity. The blue cat-people (lol) were the good guys and the military were the bad guys. Was it amazing to look at, though? Absolutely. Just not very intelligent.

Kill Bill, Vol. 1. Yeah, I actually prefer the Vol. 2. Thought it was a much better film. I think Vol. 1 was only somewhat unsatisfying because it was only half of the movie, meaning there was no conclusion.

And Paul, I actually have that from Netflix right now, heh... so I might get back to you on that soon..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 06:12 PM
Mr Parker

yeah I agree about avatar as well.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 06:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
The Butterfly Effort

Lol!

Sorry, i know what you meant, but this made me literally spray my keyboard with coke... I don't know why, but it was really funny to me =D (I still don't know why)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 11:06 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I just saw Outlander and it was pretty terrible.
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Transformers 3 was disappointing, but that was to expected.

However, Harry Potter 7.1 and 7.2 were extremely disappointing, considering the overwhelming hype and the ridiculous ratings (at least for Part 2) they were receiving on Rotten Tomatoes.

In fact, all of Yates Potter Films were disappointing. I don't know why they didn't stick with Cuaron.
I liked Yates Harry Potter films.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 01:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-24

I hated Tree of Life. It got great reviews, and I needed to kill time that day so I decided I might as well watch it. Well the whole movie was pretty much unbearable. I would have walked out 10 times if i actually did have something to do those 2 hours.
the movie was extremely pretentious. it's one of those movies that are supposed to carry some deep metaphorical meaning, and be all sophisticated, but in reality are just plain random. they showed pictures of waterfalls and space for a good 40 minutes, and i don't mind that, but you really can't get away with hogging half of your movie with pretty images. the storyline itself didn't really impress me either, although there wasn't much of it compared to the amount of weird random shit that was going on. I'm sure it would be very impressive to those who tend to read into things and extract more than there really is, but i'm actually pretty good at spotting metaphors and symbolism, and i'm very open to this stuff, and yet even i thought this movie just didn't make any sense. So the bottom line is, it is a poor attempt at sophistication and symbolism, and in reality most of it is a complete nonsense.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 04:17 AM
X-24 is currently offline Click here to Send X-24 a Private Message Find more posts by X-24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-24

oh and i agree about avatar. extremely cliche.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 04:19 AM
X-24 is currently offline Click here to Send X-24 a Private Message Find more posts by X-24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote