KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Disappointing Films?

Most Disappointing Films?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Oh another one I thought of, the second X-Files film. Incredibly disappointing. As a lot have said, it was a feature length version of a mediocre episode but with better cinematography.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:00 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Gender: Female
Location: May or may not be somewhere else.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

1 was great, 2nd had a great cliffie, third went flop.

and I was such a fan....


__________________

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:08 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Saving KMC

Dragonball: Evolution is probably the only film that was able to leave me with a disappointed feeling like a year before it actually came out. I am a huge fan of the series, and when I got my first glimpse at what the movie would be, I put my head through a wall and bawed.


__________________
Thanks Scythe!

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Pathfinder? If so, I agree; movie sucked.


YES! That's it.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 07:52 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Transformers
Watchmen
The Star Wars Prequels
Matrix sequels
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hancock
Van Helsing
Crank



Wow, so like, you listed multiple films that I liked a bunch.



Matrix Sequels.
Transformers.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Star Wars Episodes 1-3.
Watchmen
Crank.

Of those movies listed, Watchmen (I read the comic books before I watched the film...yes, I read them as comic books, as they were originally released), Matrix Sequels, and the Star Wars Prequels are on my best of all time list.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 07:55 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Britain

quote:
Of those movies listed, Watchmen (I read the comic books before I watched the film...yes, I read them as comic books, as they were originally released)[/B]


That's why it was so disappointing. The comic is one of the best pieces of literature ever made.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 08:15 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
That's why it was so disappointing. The comic is one of the best pieces of literature ever made.


Aha. That's where we disagree. I believe it to be above average for a comic and the film is better than the comic.

I was what....8 or 9 when I read the comics? I enjoyed them. But not very much more than other comics I was reading at the time. I did realize that the quality of the stories were superior than that other comics I read, but they didn't strike my like a sledge hammer, or anything. This is why I don't have the comics on the pedestal that others put it on. I do see it as awesome, but not super awesome, if that makes sense.


If I had my choice, I'd watch the movie 3 times over and read the comics once.

I probably should give the comic another read, possibly even buy it to show my support. I should definitely buy the special edition film on blu ray, as well.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 08:28 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Exorcist: The Beginning was a real disappointment. It had such potential and the final "showdown" was awful.


__________________


"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 08:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: On my way to the Cage

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wow, so like, you listed multiple films that I liked a bunch.



Matrix Sequels.
Transformers.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Star Wars Episodes 1-3.
Watchmen
Crank.

Of those movies listed, Watchmen (I read the comic books before I watched the film...yes, I read them as comic books, as they were originally released), Matrix Sequels, and the Star Wars Prequels are on my best of all time list.
No. They were all pewp.


__________________

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 09:42 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Ground Zero.

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Aha. That's where we disagree. I believe it to be above average for a comic and the film is better than the comic.

I was what....8 or 9 when I read the comics? I enjoyed them. But not very much more than other comics I was reading at the time. I did realize that the quality of the stories were superior than that other comics I read, but they didn't strike my like a sledge hammer, or anything. This is why I don't have the comics on the pedestal that others put it on. I do see it as awesome, but not super awesome, if that makes sense.


If I had my choice, I'd watch the movie 3 times over and read the comics once.

I probably should give the comic another read, possibly even buy it to show my support. I should definitely buy the special edition film on blu ray, as well.


This proves ignorance.

You read Watchmen ONCE, at nine years old, and you're judging it based on that experience?

Not only does Watchmen deserve and NEED multiple readings, but as smart as you think you are now, don't sit there with a straight face and tell me you "got" everything out of Watchmen at that age and at first reading. If you do, you're a flat out liar. People have used Watchmen in university lectures, you didn't get it at age 9. There are words in that book that most kids can't pronounce at age nine.

If you read it now and still don't feel it, fine, but man...don't sit there and judge one of the most densely packed and multi-layered pieces of comic literature and literature in general based on your nine year old self's opinion of it.

That's just...dude. I know we play around, but in all seriousness you're a smart dude when you stop being silly. So I expected way more artistic appreciation from you than this.

What you just did is the same, essentially, as if some dude saw The Matrix as nothing more than an awesome fighting movie with flashy effects cos he saw it when it was nine.

-AC


__________________


Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Mar 14th, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 10:42 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: On my way to the Cage

Account Restricted

The MK sequel
Inglorious Basterds
Wyatt Earp
The Postman
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Death Proof
King Kong (Remake)
Escape from LA
All the Matrix movies
The Shatner/Nimoy Star Trek movies, except for Khan.


__________________

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 10:58 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This proves ignorance.

You read Watchmen ONCE, at nine years old, and you're judging it based on that experience?

Not only does Watchmen deserve and NEED multiple readings, but as smart as you think you are now, don't sit there with a straight face and tell me you "got" everything out of Watchmen at that age and at first reading. If you do, you're a flat out liar. People have used Watchmen in university lectures, you didn't get it at age 9. There are words in that book that most kids can't pronounce at age nine.

If you read it now and still don't feel it, fine, but man...don't sit there and judge one of the most densely packed and multi-layered pieces of comic literature and literature in general based on your nine year old self's opinion of it.

That's just...dude. I know we play around, but in all seriousness you're a smart dude when you stop being silly. So I expected way more artistic appreciation from you than this.

What you just did is the same, essentially, as if some dude saw The Matrix as nothing more than an awesome fighting movie with flashy effects cos he saw it when it was nine.

-AC


STFU, prick.


You just showed your ignorance by trying shove your lame ass hoity toity opinion down my throat. You've proven over and over again that you taste in film is shit. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.


__________________

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 14th, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 10:58 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Ground Zero.

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
STFU, prick.


You just showed your ignorance by trying shove your lame ass hoity toity opinion down my throat. You've proven over and over again that you taste in film is shit. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einsteains Special Theory of Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.


So sad that you'd resort to such lows.

I expected so much better of you. So classless.

-AC


__________________


Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
STFU, prick.


You just showed your ignorance by trying shove your lame ass hoity toity opinion down my throat. You've proven over and over again that you taste in film is shit. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.


dadudemon, this is an official warning for you.

That response was totally uncalled for and inappropriate.

If you disagree with Alpha Centauri's opinion, then you have the right to retort, but not in such a vulgar manner.

Don't do it again.


__________________


"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: On my way to the Cage

Account Restricted

Is classless a word?


__________________

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:27 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So sad that you'd resort to such lows.

I expected so much better of you. So classless.

-AC


It's pretty obvious that he baited me, and reported me to a mod when I responded exactly as you planned me to. I don't understand why he isn't banned yet.

You are now on ignore.

I never do this and I've never done it. But, you do not deserve being responded to, ever again. You will not get me banned. You should tread lightly on the boards...but, you already have been. I am sooooo looking forward to the day that you are perma banned.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:30 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Let's get the thread back to topic, guys.

To me, The Simpsons Movie was disappointing. It felt like a "usual episode" storyline with nothing very memorable. Except Bart's wang, that is.


__________________


"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42
Junior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: With Cinderella and the 9 Dwarves

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Let's get the thread back to topic, guys.

To me, The Simpsons Movie was disappointing. It felt like a "usual episode" storyline with nothing very memorable. Except Bart's wang, that is.


I liked the Simpson's movie. Hmm, disappointing movies, I suppose Return of the Sith ultimately disappointed me, I just got very psyched about it. Indiana Jones I wasn't as hyped but it was incredibly bad so that's disappointing, too.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: On my way to the Cage

Account Restricted

Indy 4 was good until the end, the aliens thing totally ****ed it up.


__________________

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:46 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Paranormal Activity, definitely.

Way too over hyped with way too little substance and scares.


__________________


"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:10 PM.
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Disappointing Films?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.