KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Disappointing Films?

Most Disappointing Films?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked The Simpsons Movie, it just felt like they should have saved it for a storyline that wasn't just like a longer episode.

I always maintained that they should've ended the series with a one and only movie.

Bart gets an A, Springfield's location is revealed, something to give them a real send-off, especially because The Simpsons are the only characters I'll be sad to say goodbye to. I grew up with them as many others did, and to have no more is almost inconceivable to me.

I just wish they'd did it like that.

HOW they did it was disappointing, not the movie itself.

I think The Taking of Pelham 123 was way less than the sum of its parts should have produced. It was good, I just expected way more and thus, was disappointed.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Paranormal Activity, definitely.

Way too over hyped with way too little substance and scares.
Indeed. Although I was freaked out a bit at the talcum powder scene, and when she wad dragged outta bed.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:48 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Indy 4 was good until the end, the aliens thing totally ****ed it up.

I think it went downhill from the first CGI Prairie Dog.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:50 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Indeed. Although I was freaked out a bit at the talcum powder scene, and when she wad dragged outta bed.

The two alternate endings would have been WAY more effective than the lame theatrical ending. The dvd had only one alternate ending. The other is on YouTube.

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I think it went downhill from the first CGI Prairie Dog.
Nah, the warehouse fight was good, as was the chase at the college, and the jungle chase scene.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:52 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Nah, the warehouse fight was good, as was the chase at the college, and the jungle chase scene.

Well, different strokes.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:52 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, different strokes.
STFU, Prick.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:53 PM
Bardock42

STFU, Prick.

You sunk to a new low, wah wah.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:54 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 12:01 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Sherlock Holmes comes to mind as far as recent movies go. I remember being excited to see if for months, and then when it finally came out? Blah....
Not terrible, but certainly not pumped full of entertainment or wit as I had expected.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:52 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked it, liked it alot.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 04:26 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Myth
Sherlock Holmes comes to mind as far as recent movies go. I remember being excited to see if for months, and then when it finally came out? Blah....
Not terrible, but certainly not pumped full of entertainment or wit as I had expected.

Nice pick. My expectations were set really low to begin with and it just barely met them. Thought it was a really mediocre flick.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 04:53 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Spider-Man 3 and Hancock are the first to come to mind.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 05:32 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

DOOM

The mad titan is here!

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 07:00 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Each to their own opinion i suppose...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 12:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

THIS, dammit. And I was so looking forward to that movie.

I loved it far too much. I thought it was brilliant, but that's just me. smile

Pulse

I hoped for something cooler, a more interesting story line, but it was horrible.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 12:19 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

For me, the aliens part was the only cool thing about the film. Everything else was kind of stupid and sucked...especially the lead refrigerator thing.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 02:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
For me, the aliens part was the only cool thing about the film. Everything else was kind of stupid and sucked...especially the lead refrigerator thing.
You're stupid. You suck.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 02:13 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by dadudemon
Aha. That's where we disagree. I believe it to be above average for a comic and the film is better than the comic.

I was what....8 or 9 when I read the comics? I enjoyed them. But not very much more than other comics I was reading at the time. I did realize that the quality of the stories were superior than that other comics I read, but they didn't strike my like a sledge hammer, or anything. This is why I don't have the comics on the pedestal that others put it on. I do see it as awesome, but not super awesome, if that makes sense.

If I had my choice, I'd watch the movie 3 times over and read the comics once.

I probably should give the comic another read, possibly even buy it to show my support. I should definitely buy the special edition film on blu ray, as well.

...I'm sorry, but I agree with AC.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 06:35 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Really? I was the opposite. I went in not expecting much, but left loving it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 06:38 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote