KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The White Tower of Halloy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The White Tower of Halloy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

ORTHODOX GUARD
RIPOSTE
REFLECTION

These are the only ones I have for sabre's. I'll use strike to move forward to cut down the apparent leader, well at least cut one leg and an arm off. So he is both disarmed and immobile.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:01 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Strike is a power that you would use after you make a roll, to convert all your 1s into 4s. Do you want to hold off until you know how well you did?

In any case, let's look at the situation.

The Darttan militia has set up along the sides of the street in various hiding places, atop buildings and in alleys and the like. As mentioned, they are armed with targeting rifles- they only need two successes to kill their targets. As they are in hiding, they will get a free turn of attack on the raiders. Sherman, their leader, is up there with them.

The raiders themselves are armed with standard blaster rifles, aside from the Leader who is toting those massive pistols rather comfortably. Behind them, the speeder have mounted repeating cannons, the Supermooks handling them having 10,000 Bolts for the purpose of rattling off volleys.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 1

City Street- Left

Militia x10 (G6): 0 (cover 1)

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/0 [ES EE] (1F) (cover 1)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/0 [OGu RF RP] (7F)

Raider Leader (G9): 3(in CC only)/0 [BB GS CG] (2F)

Raiders x45 (G5): 0

Speeder Gunner A (G7): 0 [10B] (cover 2)

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 0 [10B] (cover 2)

City Street- Right

----

Staying with your action? The Militiamen will open fire when you start the attack.

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

You said there were twenty militia men. Hmm...

"Okay have it your way." Denzral raises his lightsabre and dashes forwards, twirling the sabre around the slice throuh the mans guns. And then to lop off the speeders laser cannon next turn.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 09:11 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Corrected.

As you leap into action, it is those twenty militiamen that open fire! The crackle of blasterfire resonates down the street as some of the raiders are shot dead before they can react. Sherman admirably puts a bolt between the eyes of one standing next to the leader.

You attack the leader! He seems sure of his footing and has a Defense of 3 with Close Quarters Gunman, leaving you on eight dice. You charge him down and take a swipe. Five successes in 11 damage! He narrowly avoids your swipe with a backstep or two, or you would have taken his arms.

The raiders are too stunned by the surprise sniper volley to give much a response, but the leader makes a Leadership roll, rallying two of his henchmen to take shots at you. Both miss, and you casually reflect one back for a kill.

The leader is a much better shot, especially up close. He taps Gunslinger as he backpedals, putting you briefly on the defensive. He matches your five successes for 10 damage- those heavy pistols hit hard with Both Guns Blazing- then spends a Fortune point to refresh the tapped schtick.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 2

City Street- Left

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/0 [ES EE] (1F) (cover 1)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/10 [OGu RF RP] (7F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/11 [BB GS CG] (1F)

Raiders x23 (G5): 0
Raiders x9 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 0 [10B] (cover 2)

City Street- Right

----

You had initiative last turn thanks to your sneak attack, but remember you might not get it this time around! The raiders are also coming out of their daze and are ready to fight back.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 10:07 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I'll make a stab forward with my sabre in a wide sweep to try and take off the leaders arms again. And if it fails I'll use Fling to throw him into the speeder. Then prepare to defend myself for their turn before or after who wins initiative.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Mar 23rd, 2010 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 06:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

This is not going to be a matter of arm removal. Attacking him with your lightsaber signifies trying to kill him, especially as he is shooting at you. Still going for a standard attack or are we skipping to Fling?

And anything particular for defending or just the natural defense of your Guard?

Remember that you do need to specify these things...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 08:04 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I see, I will Fling or Combat Push the man into the speeder's viewing window and use my natural defense.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 10:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I will take Fling as your action because you mentioned it first, but you need to specify one thing you are doing a turn. Ush would take that as indecisiveness and deprive you of your turn. But Fling it is!

The raiders get initiative! They split their fire between the two groups of militia, but the various pieces of cover frustrate them. No militiamen are gunned down, though many are rattled by blasterfire and sprayed with debris and sparks. Some find their cover rendered useless.

One of the blaster cannons tries to annihilate a militiaman on the right side but totally misses on its first shot! The other goes after Sherman. Four successes is reduced to two by his Parry from Eye of the Storm and his cover, hitting him for 6 damage. It fires again but Sherman is a hard target.

Finally, the leader retained a group of raiders to assail you. You take 6 damage from their blaster and another 9 damage from the leader, but you get a Reflection kill in the process.

Now you go! You kick off your side's turn by throwing out an opened palm, calling on the Force to assist you. The leader is entirely surprised when you hurl him bodily backward into one of the speeders, shattering its windshield and giving him 9 damage. He is also Knocked Back- he loses his next action.

Sherman didn't like being sprayed down by a turret. He puts one of the gunners in his sights and puts a bolt skimming across the top of the repeater's built-in cover for 7 damage.

Lastly, the militia snipers take down a full nineteen raiders. Your opponent's numbers are dwindling.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 3

City Street- Left

Militia x3 (G6): 0 (cover 1)
Militia x5 (G6): 1 (cover 1)
Militia x2 (G6): 2

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/6 [ES EE] (1F)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/25 [OGu RF RP] (6F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/20 [BB GS CG] (1F) (Knocked Back)

Raiders x11 (G5): 0
Raiders x1 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 7 [10B] (cover 2)

City Street- Right

Militia x1 (G6): 0 (cover 1)
Militia x6 (G6): 1 (cover 1)
Militia x3 (G6): 2

----

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 24th, 2010 at 08:03 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 08:02 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denz will tap Riposte and move towards the group of 11, striking down the closest target, or at the very least dismembering him. "Lay down your weapons and further bloodshed can be avoided!"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 09:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

So long as those repeaters are operating and their leader is standing, they will not surrender. You sense that much.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 12:47 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Actually would advanced sabre throw go through more than one in the group of 11?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 01:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It can only be used to attack one target.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 01:07 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denz will move towards the group of 11, striking down the closest target, or at the very least dismembering him. I'll make a tap on Riposte if necessary.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 01:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not quite productive toward getting them to surrender, I will hint.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 07:00 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

May I change my action? If so. I'll run up to the speeder that is armed and lob off the cannons.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 09:13 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Certainly. Is there anything special you want to do for that?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 02:42 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Take as written. Sorry I've been very distracted the past day, the mixing work is building up on my project.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 06:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The raiders get initiative! Bad news for the militiamen, who take some light casualties. Sherman taps Eye of the Storm to avoid the wrath of Gunner B, while Gunner A goes after you. It hits on its first attack, then again on its second, then runs out of dice- 10 damage.

You respond by closing in and running your lightsaber up the barrel of the repeater, causing the gun itself to explode and throw the gunner from the speeder. No damage to the gunner, but now he is fairly useless. Sherman takes out the second one with a clean shot of seven successes.

He signals the militia snipers to hold their fire and seek greater cover, which they do.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 4

City Street- Left

Militia x3 (G6): 0 (cover 2)
Militia x2 (G6): 1 (cover 2)
Militia x2 (G6): 2 (cover 1)

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/6 [ES EE] (1F)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/35 [OGu RF RP] (6F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/20 [BB GS CG] (1F)

Raiders x11 (G5): 0
Raiders x1 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner A (C6): 0

City Street- Right

Militia x1 (G6): 0 (cover 2)
Militia x5 (G6): 1 (cover 2)
Militia x1 (G6): 2 (cover 1)

----

The leader has picked himself up from the windshield of the speeder you threw him into, but his men have dwindled and their heavy gunners are out of position... now is your chance to try for the arrest!

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 24th, 2010 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 08:15 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Can't really think of anything to say. Politics aren't my strong point.

Denzral will point the blade of his lightsabre at the leaders throat. "Further resistance is futile, surrender now!." Or something more astute, Denzral shouts. If it fails I'll lob off the other gun, and tap Orthodox Guard for protection from the Raiders.

("We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own, your culture will adapt to serve with us. resistance is futile.")

Be back on Friday, these are my actions.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 09:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You might want to try something more Intimidating to the leader himself; you sense the others fear him more than you. Luckily, you have a kinetic power very useful for such things...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 07:01 AM