KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Wolverine

Gamora vs. Wolverine
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

@Shrank,
quote:
she's never really done anything outside of her attributes

1)What has Wolvie ever done without a healing factor, super senses or adamantium? What more powerful opponent has he beaten without those attributes?

2) According to your definition of "skilled", only Bucky, Frank Castle and Ronin are truly skilled.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:32 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
[B]Insane healing factor isn't required to beat Wolverine. He's been beaten by foes without it. /B]

Foes with abilities that Gamora doesn't have.

She is a melee fighter without a viable ranged option, a healing factor significant enough to compensate for the damage Wolverine will dish out during combat, durability high enough to turn Wolverine's claws or a significant speed or skill advantage that would allow her to avoid him for any substantial amout of time. So... how does she win?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:33 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

wolverine's beaten rulk...who before meeting logan, herbed thor, watcher, green hulk, abom, etc.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:34 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Wolverine's aura > Gamora's

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:35 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Gamora has a healing factor. She has Gorgon level speed at least. Maybe you should check up on the character a little bit.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:36 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by dmills
Gamora has a healing factor. She has Gorgon level speed at least. Maybe you should check up on the character a little bit.
her hf is nothing compared to logan, and it wont help against pierce damage that logan is capable of inflicting

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:37 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

@Shrank,

1)What has Wolvie ever done without a healing factor, super senses or adamantium? What more powerful opponent has he beaten without those attributes?

2) According to your definition of "skilled", only Bucky, Frank Castle and Ronin are truly skilled.

He speed blitzed Domina, who had the collective powers of the Warclan and who wreaked an entire rosters of X-Men (including Colossus if I'm not mistaken), and worked her over with just his fists.

He's also beaten Shang Chi / Daredevil in a handful of panels. One of those he was bone claw, and both of them where over before his healing factor could come into play.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:38 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Starscream M
I wanted you to back your statement up. You made it sound like logan would get owned and have no shot at winning, yet have not stated any actual reasons why.
Is that what you were doing when you responded to my first statement as follows:
Gamora. Not even a question.
I bet you dont read much wolverine.
I don't have telepathy. And it was difficult to look past the stupidity of your stupid questions to se what you were attempting.
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Foes with abilities that Gamora doesn't have.

She is a melee fighter without a viable ranged option, a healing factor significant enough to compensate for the damage Wolverine will dish out during combat, durability high enough to turn Wolverine's claws or a significant speed or skill advantage that would allow her to avoid him for any substantial amout of time. So... how does she win?
Yes, and Gamora possess abilities that those foes don't have either. Thank you Captain Obvious.

She wins by being more capable in nearly every category you touched upon. News to you, I trust?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:38 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

wolverine's beaten rulk...who before meeting logan, herbed thor, watcher, green hulk, abom, etc.

beating rulk doesn't mean he can beat everyone who can't beat him.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:40 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

She wins by being more capable in nearly every category you touched upon. News to you, I trust?
most of logan's foes are more superior in nearly every category...guess what, Logan still comes out on top more often than not. He's the best at what he does.

Rulk would've owned gamora, yet he got owned by logan. What say you?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:40 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by jalek moye
beating rulk doesn't mean he can beat everyone who can't beat him.
yeah but it shows logan can handle guys who are far superior to him in many attributes.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:41 AM
Mindset

most of logan's foes are more superior in nearly every category...guess what, Logan still comes out on top more often than not. He's the best at what he does.

False and false.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Once again - and this is the same problem you had with the Drax fight so please try to pay attention - she doesn't have any feats that place those abilities on the same level as Wolverine. She has never healed from any significant wound during the course of a fight without have to to stop and recuperate, she has also never displayed any speed above that of Wolverine, and living in space doesn't compensate for that.

Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Logan has faced many various ppl without his healing factor he actually goes beyond what the cream of the crop street lvler MA can reach..

need i remind ppl when he fought a thousand man army of tech, and sin men with a burned out healing factor? i believe he only took one hit and he was dodging, using MA, showed his strength and his reflex skills..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:43 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Is that what you were doing when you responded to my first statement as follows: I don't have telepathy. And it was difficult to look past the stupidity of your stupid questions to se what you were attempting. Yes, and Gamora possess abilities that those foes don't have either. Thank you Captain Obvious.

I'm sure the fanfic you are getting your info from is very fun read, but I think I'm just going to go of whats been shown in the comics.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:45 AM
ODG

^ The comics that show Gamora would win? Ok.

And Wolverine's lost to opponents who are more superior to him in nearly every way, and Wolverine has lost to opponents who are more superior in some respect sand not others, and Wolverine has lost to opponents who are not superior in any way.

Getting thrown into the East River = winning?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:51 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i feel ashamed that i completely forgot to mention Domina which is one hell of a feat lay to claim for an overpowered and skilled fighter...

i remember that the X-men watched in shock screaming logan was doing it...something the entire team couldnt do.. logan just watched and had his team fall back as he shoved them and brought the adamantium enforced pain up close and personal to domina...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:52 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Logan has faced many various ppl without his healing factor he actually goes beyond what the cream of the crop street lvler MA can reach..

need i remind ppl when he fought a thousand man army of tech, and sin men with a burned out healing factor? i believe he only took one hit and he was dodging, using MA, showed his strength and his reflex skills..

He also beat Deathbird - who is extremely skilled - when he was half dead and his healing factor was all but nonexistent. The issue even stated the only thing keep him alive was sheer force of will and that he was a shadow of his former self.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 04:55 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Recap of the argument from both sides thus far:

Wolverine side: Gamora needs to melee Wolverine, since she has no viable ranged options, but she lacks a healing factor significant enough to compensate for Wolverine's claws, durability turn them, or a speed / skill edge significant enough to avoid them. So Wolverine will win.

Gamora side: Gamora will win.

Don't get me wrong, Team Gamora, it is a very compelling argument... but maybe... I don't know... you might want to try supporting it with something? Just a thought.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:02 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

funny thing ppl are asking for feats with ppl of similar skill of Gamora and ppl have and ppl seem to get amnesia when you mention one of those gamora class ppl he fought was her more then once and each time ended on the floor

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:05 AM