KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Wolverine

Gamora vs. Wolverine
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
funny thing ppl are asking for feats with ppl of similar skill of Gamora and ppl have and ppl seem to get amnesia when you mention one of those gamora class ppl he fought was her more then once and each time ended on the floor

he fought her multiple times?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:09 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Recap of the argument from both sides thus far:

Wolverine side: Gamora needs to melee Wolverine, since she has no viable ranged options, but she lacks a healing factor significant enough to compensate for Wolverine's claws, durability turn them, or a speed / skill edge significant enough to avoid them. So Wolverine will win.

Gamora side: Gamora will win.

Don't get me wrong, Team Gamora, it is a very compelling argument... but maybe... I don't know... you might want to try supporting it with something? Just a thought.
Might want to read some Gamora comics? Just a thought.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:10 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jalek moye
he fought her multiple times?
Irrc he fought her twice once during infinity war and once during the Infinity Crusade.. i am not sure if he face her more then once in the same story arc which would make it three but, irrc two distinct moments..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:11 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
funny thing ppl are asking for feats with ppl of similar skill of Gamora and ppl have and ppl seem to get amnesia when you mention one of those gamora class ppl he fought was her more then once and each time ended on the floor

It's a space thing. People will deny it because they don't like getting called out on it, but they are all just working under the assumption that she is better because she operates in space with nothing concrete to back their opinion. Its the same thing that was happing in the current Drax vs. Wolverine thread. There are no feats that support him winning that fight, but it doesn't matter, dude be from space (thats the home of asteroids btw) so he gets the edge.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:11 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Might want to read some Gamora comics? Just a thought.

I've read virtually all of them to my knowledge, I just haven't read the fanfics your basing your arguments off of.

Anyway, both know I'm right. If there was any merit to your arguement you would have provid some feats or examples to back your claim. Those examples don't exist. I know it, you kno... well... I know it at least, I'm not sure what exactly you know about Gamora. What ever it is though, it certainly isn't even remotely accurate.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Mar 20th, 2010 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:14 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Smells like horsesh1t. Watch where you step.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:15 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

*UPDATED* Recap of the argument from both sides thus far:

Wolverine side: Gamora needs to melee Wolverine, since she has no viable ranged options, but she lacks a healing factor significant enough to compensate for Wolverine's claws, durability turn them, or a speed / skill edge significant enough to avoid them. So Wolverine will win.

Gamora side: Gamora win, you don't read comics.

Truly some compelling stuff, Team Gamora. Water proof case your making so far. Nice work.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:21 AM
ODG

^ Well you don't read comics with Gamora. What can I say? You have a complete misconception of her, her history and her capabilities. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway --

laughing

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:25 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

^ Well you don't read comics with Gamora. What can I say? You have a complete misconception of her, her history and her capabilities. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway --

laughing

Translation: Gamora has no feats to prove you wrong so I will talk out of my ass for a while and hope no one catches on.

*whisper* Excellent strategy. I think its working. *whisper*

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:32 AM
ODG

^ No. Seriously. You don't know sh1t about Gamora. And it shows.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:35 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

^ No. Seriously. You don't know sh1t about Gamora. And it shows.

Sticking to your guns? No point and changing your game now I guess. You've already made it pretty clear you've got nothing, and yet you keep posting! Very admirable, sir! Why, if you let not knowing what you where talking about keep you from posting, we'd never hear from you. Stand firm despite your general lack of knowledge! Don't let them back you into a corner with facts! For what are facts really other than something for you to ignore? Haha, Show them your stubbornness! You will never back down! You are a beacon sir, a beacon I say! Take a bow, oh king of fanboys, rally the masses with your stalwart example of absolute certainty in the face of proof you are wrong! You shine like the sun sir. An inspiration! Truely.

/salute

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:45 AM
Mindset

So Gamora wins?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:46 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Mindset
So Gamora wins?

In the minds of the sad and delusional.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:47 AM
ODG

Sticking to your guns? No point and changing your game now I guess. You've already made it pretty clear you've got nothing, and yet you keep posting! Very admirable, sir! Why, if you let not knowing what you where talking about keep you from posting, we'd never hear from you. Stand firm despite your general lack of knowledge! Don't let them back you into a corner with facts! For what are facts really other than something for you to ignore? Haha, Show them your stubbornness! You will never back down! You are a beacon sir, a beacon I say! Take a bow, oh king of fanboys, rally the masses with your stalwart example of absolute certainty in the face of proof you are wrong! You shine like the sun sir. An inspiration! Truely.

/salute
And you don't know sh1t about Gamora and talk like you do. And that's stupid. You are debating in the worst possible way, i.e., talking about stuff you don't know while copping an attitude.

/finger salute

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:52 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

And you don't know sh1t about Gamora and talk like you do. And that's stupid. You are debating in the worst possible way, i.e., talking about stuff you don't know while copping an attitude.

/finger salute

The very picture of tact and decorum. Ever the gentleman as usual.

What I know is this: she doesn't heal fast enough, isn't durable enough, skilled enough or fast enough to beat Wolverine in melee combat. It's just a fact. It upsets you, but you are going to have to come to terms with it I'm afraid. Very upsetting I'm sure. But don't worry I have something that will keep you busy for the rest of your life!

*Gamora Scavenger Hunt:

1 scan of Gamora healing fast enough to compensate for the damage can dish out in the course of fight.
1 scan of Gamora exhibiting durability necessary to turn Wolverine's claws.
1 scan of Gamora displaying the speed necessary to avoid Wolverine for any significant amount of time.
1 scan of Gamora displaying the skill necessary to avoid Wolverine for any significant amount of time.

*EDITORS NOTE: These examples do not exist, these Scavenger Hunt, is purely to keep OneDumbGo's mind occupied.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:57 AM
ODG

^ And all those things aren't required to beat Wolverine. Try coming out of that narrow hole you've dug for yourself that prevents you from embracing anything but your own preconceptions.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:59 AM
Smurph
------

Like I've said many a times uber skilled fighter have many examples of operating outside of the parameters of their attributes by virtue of their skill, Gamora has never done this.
Wait, so, to recap:

Gamora loses because she's faster and stronger than Wolverine, and therefore less skilled?

Lawl?

When has she needed to perform outside of her attribute level? Also, she's affected opponents with her blows that her strength suggests she can't. She's also mastered a significantly larger number of martial arts than Wolverine, and has consistently performed better against more powerful opponents with her powers and skills than he has.

Unlike unskilled bricks, she can follow up each and every blow and KO Logan. To suggest that Logan wins is to suggest that she will never tag him, which is ridiculous.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:59 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

@shrank,

What's funny is that we actually can bring up the feats to back up our claims. She has fought class 100 beings and held her own, she has the speed feats, and she has the strength and healing feats. But we also know classic fall back response. "OMG so she beatz a bunch of nobodyz!" ""gymnist, super computers, chess!" "he faces da hulk!" As you did in the Drax thread.

Gamora has an inherent disadvantage in any feat based battle because she's a cosmic character who fights lesser known (non overexposed) characters. So contrary to your banter, no one believes she'd win just because she's in space.

BTW, Anybody have the scan where Wolverine stabbed Gamora while she was distracted and then later commented that her healing factor must be as good as his? Thanks in advance.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 06:04 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

per upgrade, strength and speed are gamora's, skill is gamora's, innate defense is wolverine's and so is the offense since the claws are a one way ticket to hell for even her (provided...you know) and you can't disarm him......

i kinda feel (no homo) what srank is saying, but gamora might just hit him in the neck with some deathblow from xetyrg--17 or some shit and take him down. that's how she roles.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 06:10 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

The fight between him and her was so long ago I can't even remember how it all went down. Can someone post the scans?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 06:13 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote