KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Wolverine

Gamora vs. Wolverine
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You've convinced me. thumb up

All I really know about her is her brawls with Maxim, which were pretty awesome, and all the hype from Ronan, and a supposedly uber new healing factor.

And aside, how durable is diamond form anyways? Emma ever been harmed in it? Does it also give her super strength?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Tbf, did she just KO Emma in diamond form? Not even WWH did that stick out tongue

Flash-KO, maybe. As Emma is seen again at the end of the scene, although reverted to human form.

This also confirms Gamora's high level strength... something that Gamora tards always wanted to deny, so every major showing could be attributed to her skill alone. Heh.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Flash-KO, maybe. As Emma is seen again at the end of the scene, although reverted to human form.

This also confirms Gamora's high level strength... something that Gamora tards always wanted to deny, so every major showing could be attributed to her skill alone. Heh.

Fanboys be fanboys.

She has powers, but of course they want to promote her skill without it. Who do they think Gamora is, Iron Fist? smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
You've convinced me. thumb up

All I really know about her is her brawls with Maxim, which were pretty awesome, and all the hype from Ronan, and a supposedly uber new healing factor.

This is perhaps her greatest healing feat:

https://imgur.com/a/qckMY

And aside, how durable is diamond form anyways? Emma ever been harmed in it? Does it also give her super strength?

Usually by exploiting a flaw in her form. Organic diamond is near indestructible, but yeah she's been harmed --- by Sleeping Celestial's drones for example:

(please log in to view the image)

--------
Also, Cyclops managed to KO her with an optic blast to the head, even though she was amped at the time by the same cosmic rays that gave F4 their powers...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very impressive. Thanks.

I'm almost tempted to sign on to comicvine just to argue with this dami guy:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...-414471/?page=2

quote:
danny is not beating her, I will like to challenge anyone who think gamora won't win, current or classic, gamora stomps.

some quite gamora feats to show why she stomps.

-kills ultron (guardians of the galaxy 2018 #1)

-held her own against Angela (guardians of the galaxy 2015 run)

-tank being punched from orbit and crashing into a planet at insane speed by hala the accuser, and also being punch through multiple buildings etc , she wasn't even koed and was still fighting after this.

-drew blood from captain marvel(carol) with a kick and bruising her face in the process "captain marvel was holding back though" .

-took on the alpha flight which includeing spectrum, miss America. , although she didn't win, she deflected light speed blast from spectrum , tanks blasts from spectrum , spectrum's blast was able to lay sasquatch out when gamora deflected it and gamora later got blast by same spectrum and a fall from multiple story buildings with little injury at best."gamora was not even trying to fight them"

-dancing around the alpha flights with her speed and agility, and she barely got tagged, they could not even touch her except spectrum who got one shot, miss America was treated like a joke.

-her standard staff was able to blast through the head of a monster of baddoon and also beat lots of them , fighting them for 1 day before Angela came to help her, these beings are above the thing in strength and durability.

-she defeated an hulked out Agent venom (flash thompson) while holding back, they're team mates after all

other non- classic feats

took on Magus hung with him, killed phyla vell, stalemated ronan the accuser, defeated terrax the tamer etc

so modern gamora is not losing to iron fist.

Some of this actually does sound impressive, but he also clearly doesn't know modern Danny as well as he does Gamora. That orbital fall, for example. Bet he doesn't know Prince of Orphans blasting him out of K'un L'un with a Kamehameha, and he walks it off.

Or that he KO'd a guy who manhandled Thor (Bres.). Not to mention putting a hurting on Ragnarok (Although that was a team effort.)

I don't think I'll bother, though..

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 5th, 2018 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:57 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Gamora got ruined in the handoff to Bendis. She used to actually use skill, but I can't recall any real time when she was outfighting her opponent since then. Maybe I need to pay attention more but it all seems like casual swordfighting when I remember it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 06:32 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Yes.

Even Bucky was doing good... when holding back:

1. http://enr.expertcomics.com/images/...014/07/sin4.jpg
2. http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/...arvel-Now-4.jpg
3. http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/...inal-sin-4f.png

Gamora has statements about her skill... with very little to back them up.

You actually posted scans that were showing Gamora in a positive light. She KO'd Emma in her diamond form with a headbutt. Also Bucky did nothing except run from her and block a sword slash with a decapitated head. (please log in to view the image) I dont think anybody was trying to deny she has enhanced strength. Thats all the more reason why she would beat Logan.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Mar 5th, 2018 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:02 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Gamora got ruined in the handoff to Bendis.

Bendis has been ruining characters since his inception on the scene. Thank heavens he's with DC now.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:04 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by tkitna
You actually posted scans that were showing Gamora in a positive light. She KO'd Emma in her diamond form with a headbutt. Also Bucky did nothing except run from her and block a sword slash with a decapitated head. (please log in to view the image) I dont think anybody was trying to deny she has enhanced strength. Thats all the more reason why she would beat Logan.

Imho, Bucky appeared to land a hit with LMD's head... but it's hard to tell with this art. There's no sound effect, so I guess you could argue she dodged it. That's how you interpret it?

Anyway, it doesn't show her in much of a positive light... Winter Soldier with both hands occupied with non-weapons and not looking for a fight actually managing to hold his own against "the deadliest woman in the galaxy"... laughing out loud

But ok, let's move to the next one!

Gamora amped w/ Black Vortex vs. Storm... in a sword fight laughing out loud

Ororo was unarmed at the start, lulz.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't think I'll bother, though..

CV is a great site, but their Versus Boards leave much to be desired.

So yeah, I say it's not worth your time.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:33 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Looks like Gams holding back. Obvs...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bendis has been ruining characters since his inception on the scene. Thank heavens he's with DC now.

He was great for Diamondback.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:39 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

neither one sweeps this. depends on which showings you use for both tbh. logan has demonstrated some crazy levels of skill in the past. he's also fought like uneducated bruiser much of his career. she also has displayed great skill and some solid strength feats. it's really close if she has her sword and both are seen at their best. i think it fluctuates between a near split to near sweeps depending on which showing you use against the others' showing.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:55 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Meh, Gamora still looked better than WS and Storm in both those showings. It's also clear that she dodged that strike with the LMD head, or her head would be turned the other way.

Still, Marvel needs to figure out how superhuman Gamora is supposed to be right now. It's unclear even in the movies, though some of the stuff she pulled off in GoTG2 was impressive, iirc.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 08:08 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, even in the comics she is a little bit confusing tbh. she has never really consistently lived up to her hype and doesn't have many (any?) convincing wins against well-known and established characters. makes her tough to gauge imo in these types of battles. i'd THINK that if both were at their best she would take a majority, but it's a tough stance to defend given her inconsistent history. she's performed well against characters like rage and ben and even more than held her own against danvers and even ronan. this type of fight though is still hard to gauge.

Last edited by leonidas on Mar 5th, 2018 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 08:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Imho, Bucky appeared to land a hit with LMD's head... but it's hard to tell with this art. There's no sound effect, so I guess you could argue she dodged it. That's how you interpret it?

She clearly dodged it. The swing went over her as she bent backwards.

quote:
Anyway, it doesn't show her in much of a positive light... Winter Soldier with both hands occupied with non-weapons and not looking for a fight actually managing to hold his own against "the deadliest woman in the galaxy"... laughing out loud

Holding his own? He was running from her. Lol. Credit to Bucky for using the head to block the sword strike, but other than that, he did nothing and then it was all over. Your making way to much out of nothing.

quote:
Gamora amped w/ Black Vortex vs. Storm... in a sword fight laughing out loud

Again with you making something out of nothing. It was barely a fight and Storm was the only person that got struck. What was your point in posting all of that again?

quote:
Ororo was unarmed at the start, lulz.

So she picked up a sword. What an absolutely amazing feat. Not bringing up the fact that Storms lightning had no effect what so ever though are you?

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:49 AM
tkitna

Originally posted by leonidas
neither one sweeps this. depends on which showings you use for both tbh. logan has demonstrated some crazy levels of skill in the past. he's also fought like uneducated bruiser much of his career. she also has displayed great skill and some solid strength feats. it's really close if she has her sword and both are seen at their best. i think it fluctuates between a near split to near sweeps depending on which showing you use against the others' showing.

Agreed. Even when they did fight, it was pretty much a stalemate until Logan sucker stabbed her.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:52 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Agreed. Even when they did fight, it was pretty much a stalemate until Logan sucker stabbed her.

Logan was beaten to a pulp by Wonder Man (a cheapshot, too) and still stalemated her cool

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:01 AM
StyleTime

Gamora was actually going to be one of my honorable mentions in the "Most Overrated Marvel Characters" thread, but Vulcan exists.

Honestly, I think Gamora should be written much more powerful than she is. I would prefer her to be a low herald with martial arts skills enabling her to fight mid/high herald, but she's rarely depicted that way. Instead, Carol Danvers bent Gamora over a rail when they fought, and was barely trying.

Also, Wolverine still wins. 40 years of publication and Gamora finally got a reflex feat to match X-23 and Deadpool. I guess that's something.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 4th, 2020 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 01:57 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StyleTime
Honestly, I think Gamora should be written much more powerful than she is.

Of course she should.

Thanos basically remade her into a Wolverine.

It's very disappointing she can't perform better.

Originally posted by StyleTime
Gamora finally got a reflex feat on par with X-23 and Deadpool after 45 years of publication.

Scan? big grin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 02:05 AM