KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Wolverine

Gamora vs. Wolverine
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
But haven't you said that Wolverine can take on the Hulk?
Yeah. I could have sworn I saw him say that before.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:15 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by dmills
He's been knocked out plenty. Gorgon kicked his ass, Elektra kicked his ass, Mr. X kicked his ass. To suggest that he'd beat Cap and Bats 10/10 is... just... just...

Are you eating your boogers?

Gorgon has undefined superhuman abilities and damage soak that puts Wolverine to shame, and makes Gamora look like a sheet of rice paper. If Gamora was Gorgon, Wolverine would have killed her, with those fist two body shots he landed on Gorgon.

Elektra never kicked his ass. She ambushed him while he was A) half dead, B) missing part of his soul and C) already fighting and temporarily incapacitated him.

Mr. X is Frank Tieri PIS quite Frankly. Realistically he posses no threat to Wolverine, so Wolverine is written down to fight him. Also, he only managed to down Wolverine in their first fight, and that is the standard "build the villain up in their first fight to make them appear formidable" affair. Heck Ord and Danger both owned the X-Men the first time the fought, and yet Wolverine held his own against both of them later.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:18 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

But haven't you said that Wolverine can take on the Hulk? confused

Are... are you drunk? huh

No. Wolverine can't beat the Hulk. He's done it, but that's PIS. Hulk has healing factor that will repair any damage does to him nearly instantly, nothing Wolverine can do other than fight him until his own healing factor is overloaded. He can give him a fight, but wouldn't ever win.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:20 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
...riiiight.

I've read enough Wolverine to know that he doesn't beat any of the aforementioned people 10/10. Maybe if you skew his feats and showings while ignoring theirs, and even then, doubtful. I have no problem with the idea of him getting a majority over any of them. But yeah...10/10?

That's pretty bizarre.

10/10. 100/100. Captain America, Batman and Daredevil can't put Wolverine down. His healing factor is too good. Nothing they can do about it. He's also stronger and faster than them as well, which doesn't help the situation any. They could hit Wolverine for 24 hours straight without him moving a finger and they would even come close to a glancing blow from the Hulk, and Wolverine has shrugged off haymakers from the Hulk.

But since you apparently think they can beat Wolverine, prehaps you'd like to enlighten me?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:22 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Missing a part of his soul? I remember reading Enemy of the state, I don't remember that part.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:22 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Can he beat current Iron Fist 10/10?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:23 AM
ODG

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
No. Wolverine can't beat the Hulk. He's done it, but that's PIS. Hulk has healing factor that will repair any damage does to him nearly instantly, nothing Wolverine can do other than fight him until his own healing factor is overloaded. He can give him a fight, but wouldn't ever win.
10/10. 100/100. Captain America, Batman and Daredevil can't put Wolverine down. His healing factor is too good. Nothing they can do about it. He's also stronger and faster than them as well, which doesn't help the situation any. They could hit Wolverine for 24 hours straight without him moving a finger and they would even come close to a glancing blow from the Hulk, and Wolverine has shrugged off haymakers from the Hulk.

But since you apparently think they can beat Wolverine, prehaps you'd like to enlighten me?
So you are drunk. Ok.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:25 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Missing a part of his soul? I remember reading Enemy of the state, I don't remember that part.

A part of his soul stolen when the Hand / Hydra resurrected him in EotS is what was used to give life to Shogon. He made a deal with Lazaer to get it back.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:26 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

So you are drunk. Ok.

Any time you'd like to get into a scan war, for anyone of these things let me know, and I'd be glade to embarrass you.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:27 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

So on a KMC battle, your saying Cap can't get one win? He can't ko wolvie 1 single time?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:28 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Can he beat current Iron Fist 10/10?

Not 10/10 but still high majority, Danny needs a Fat Cobra healing factor to edge out Wolverine.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:30 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

So on a KMC battle, your saying Cap can't get one win? He can't ko wolvie 1 single time?

Forum fights are PIS off. Captain America CAN NOT BEAT WOLVERINE WITH OUT PIS. If you can think of a single possible scenario where Captain America can logically beat Wolverine without the aid of a plot device let me know.

Like I said, he has just as much a chance of beating Wolverine as Wolverine does of beating the Hulk.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:31 AM
ODG

Any time you'd like to get into a scan war, for anyone of these things let me know, and I'd be glade to embarrass you.
I find it hard to imagine someone who is more uninformed and as deluded as you are on this matchup or on other Wolverine matchups against Cap, Daredevil or Hulk.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:34 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Iron Fist will beat wolvie 8/10 easily. Especially in a forum battle. But we're digressing. Gamora wins laughing out loud

Oh and Fat Cobra takes a looong time to heal. Danny can do it instantly.

Last edited by dmills on Mar 20th, 2010 at 07:37 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:35 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Adamantium skeleton > An iron fist, I guess.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I find it hard to imagine someone who is more uninformed and as deluded as you are on this matchup or on other Wolverine matchups against Cap, Daredevil or Hulk.

You can say what you'd like, the vast majority of on panel evidence supports my opinion. If you actually think you can make a case for Daredevil beating Wolverine, go ahead, and I'll shoot it full of holes. Just let me know.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:38 AM
ODG

^ Yeah, like that whole Wolverine can't have his brain penetrated argument went.

Acting like overloading Wolverine's healing factor is the only way to beat him is something that I didn't think Wolverine fanboys did anymore. The deluded conviction is oddly captivating.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:42 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

@Jakethebank,

Hmmm. Makes me wonder why this hasn't been done yet in modern times. I'm sure Marvel will get around to it sooner or later.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:42 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

^ Yeah, like that whole Wolverine can't have his brain penetrated argument went.

Acting like overloading Wolverine's healing factor is the only way to beat him is something that I didn't think Wolverine fanboys did anymore. The deluded conviction is oddly captivating.

You mean your crack pot theory that a few PIS examples(or WIS if you want), made with inaccurate anatomical knowledge, means that Wolverine is missing bones in his skull?

How else are you going to beat him? If you can't over load his healing factor... he isn't going to go down.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:46 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

@Jakethebank,

Hmmm. Makes me wonder why this hasn't been done yet in modern times. I'm sure Marvel will get around to it sooner or later.

The closest thing is about 10 years ago when Junzo kicked the crap out of Danny with almost no effort, and then Wolverine teamed up with Danny put the boots to Junzo. Had the dude running scared. evil face

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:48 AM