KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Congress clears historic health care bill

Congress clears historic health care bill
Started by: Moscow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
See, that's the part that really pisses me off. Americans like to say that we're the greatest nation on Earth... and we SHOULD BE. We have all the advantages to do everything to perfection. To bad we were all to busy being retarded conservatives to come up with a working system.

I wouldn't even say America has the advantages anymore. The national debt is increasing, things are slowly shifting to a police state, military occupations are increasing anti-American hatred across the globe, industry is outsourced so much that theres hardly anything 'American Made' these days.

To be honest, I think any potential America had to be a "great" nation was thrown out the window and was replaced with corporate greed.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 01:55 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Liberator
I wouldn't even say America has the advantages anymore. The national debt is increasing, things are slowly shifting to a police state, military occupations are increasing anti-American hatred across the globe, industry is outsourced so much that theres hardly anything 'American Made' these days.

To be honest, I think any potential America had to be a "great" nation was thrown out the window and was replaced with corporate greed.

Actually, hate is decreasing, thanks to Obama.

big grin

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 05:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by dadudemon
Actually, hate is decreasing, thanks to Obama.

big grin

But at what price? An estimated 1/3 of Americans seriously believe that their government is controlled by the anti-Christ.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 05:19 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But at what price? An estimated 1/3 of Americans seriously believe that their government is controlled by the anti-Christ.

ya, I saw that too

did you see some of the other results also from that poll?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 05:30 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

I don't like conservatives very much. I'm sure I might be saying similar things about liberals if I lived CA...but, I'm surounded by Conservatards and I hear this stupid crap alllll the time. It's just sad, really.

Obama is not that bad of a president. Sure, I disagree with lots of his actions, but he's done lots of things I've agreed with, too.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 05:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by King Kandy
Americans like to say that we're the greatest nation on Earth... and we SHOULD BE.

Of course we are...as long as California is attached to it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 05:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Of course we are...as long as California is attached to it.

Yeah, California is way better than most states in terms of government.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 09:07 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

you mean the drought or the lack of electricity?

of the sudden influx of mexican drug cartels now intent in growing in California's redwood forests to avoid border searches...

wink

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 09:08 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

we also have great weather

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 09:11 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

sad

zing...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 09:12 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

What America should do is

1) flatten iraq and iran - should take a couple of weeks if they bring out the big guns.

2) hold a press confernce addressing the rest of the world that says "yes we've done this, no we don't care what you think, if any other nation has got something to say, then step out side and lets WAR!

3) after all other nations suddenly remember they've got there own problems to deal with "*cough * right now, we'll er...be back to deal with america..er *cough* erhmm later..yes..someother time...bye!!" America can then proceed to bleed the filthy mussy land dry of all resources..rocks..and sand..and er..yeah OIL.

4) Sell it all, make a profit, rinse and repeat with Saudia Arabia. After all, if we're really honest, what non-muslim nation (that can be seen as a viable threat to US national security) would really come to the aid of ANY nation the US decided it had to plunder?

**** it i say, Go Yanks, go get that oil, be agressive , be, be agressive, thats really the only way out of a 50 trillion debt.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 11:13 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

2 seems dangerous, what would the US do if Russia or China or even the EU would have an objection to that? You seem to overestimate the US military, it's not omnipotent. I suppose the strategy might to be the biggest dick and everyone backing down cause they are more reasonable, but what if they just refused to do business with the US, the United States are as dependent on other countries as those countries are on them in many cases more so even.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 11:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

You must forgive us, we have a persistant infestation of dumbarsery here in the states.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 11:31 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Bardock42
2 seems dangerous, what would the US do if Russia or China or even the EU would have an objection to that? You seem to overestimate the US military, it's not omnipotent. I suppose the strategy might to be the biggest dick and everyone backing down cause they are more reasonable, but what if they just refused to do business with the US, the United States are as dependent on other countries as those countries are on them in many cases more so even.

America already did 2) The entire world said "no don't go into iraq, alqaeda live in afganistan you noobs" And America said "jaa' we know j00 dicks but we're going after the Rare drops STFU or get PWNT" And the rest of the world were like "Reported j00 assholez..but ..er call when j00 get the stuff, we'd like some please."

Also, no rich 1st world nation will ever go to war with America, no front running country wants to be affiliated with such a colossol waste of money as war. Well except America, but wars a two man dance and no other nationthat has more to lose than gain (like China) would risk it, they'd likely just sever all ties. The only countries that will declare war on America are the shitty backwards ones who have nothing to lose. And no hope of making a dent in the US war machine. Seriously America should just take what the hell they want, as long as they share it favourably with the other Big nations the small objections from the loud mouth mussie nations won't matter. Much.-

Last edited by Juk3n on Apr 12th, 2010 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 08:18 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Ordo
You must forgive us, we have a persistant infestation of dumbarsery here in the states.

We forgive you. wink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 08:43 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

A new piece of info from Mr. Benny:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...0040703116.html

"Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke warned Wednesday that Americans may have to accept higher taxes or changes in cherished entitlements such as Medicare and Social Security if the nation is to avoid staggering budget deficits that threaten to choke off economic growth."

That should be a clue as to what happens in the future. Rather than fixing a healthcare system within a country (which would be a complex and difficult experiment, yet rewarding in the end), it seems the people in charge want to alter the entitlements demanded by the Baby Boomers and Gen-Xers (the easy solution).

Currently: With my reserve money, I buy a hotdog. Foul tasting shit, but Zell eats it right up. Then he, Selphie and I talk with his mother

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:33 AM
Moscow is currently offline Click here to Send Moscow a Private Message Find more posts by Moscow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Man that's a load of BS... cutting entitlements, when they aren't even up to the european standards, is not good.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:39 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Originally posted by Juk3n
America already did 2) The entire world said "no don't go into iraq, alqaeda live in afganistan you noobs" And America said "jaa' we know j00 dicks but we're going after the Rare drops STFU or get PWNT" And the rest of the world were like "Reported j00 assholez..but ..er call when j00 get the stuff, we'd like some please."

Also, no rich 1st world nation will ever go to war with America, no front running country wants to be affiliated with such a colossol waste of money as war. Well except America, but wars a two man dance and no other nationthat has more to lose than gain (like China) would risk it, they'd likely just sever all ties. The only countries that will declare war on America are the shitty backwards ones who have nothing to lose. And no hope of making a dent in the US war machine. Seriously America should just take what the hell they want, as long as they share it favourably with the other Big nations the small objections from the loud mouth mussie nations won't matter. Much.-

Yes, let America try that. And when those 'loud mouth mussie nations' form coalitions and alliances and recieve funding from bigger nations and continual guerilla warfare occurs in all those countries and American imperialism becomes overstretched and the people at home begin to realise how ****ed up things are and begin protesting in mass numbers in the streets for reformation and trade is cut off to the US until they stop their wave of power hungry conquering, what do you impose they do next?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 01:27 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Liberator
Yes, let America try that.

um like i said America ALREADY DID THAT. They said "WAR!" The World said "Please don't, plus you have the wrong cou......" And America said "SILENCE, if yu don't like it sanction us declare war on us - america - the agressor" And the world turned a blind eye while America flattened Iraq for - apparently - no good reason.(No WMD ever found and all that) where's your mussie coalition now?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:11 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Juk3n
um like i said America ALREADY DID THAT. They said "WAR!" The World said "Please don't, plus you have the wrong cou......" And America said "SILENCE, if yu don't like it sanction us declare war on us - america - the agressor" And the world turned a blind eye while America flattened Iraq for - apparently - no good reason.(No WMD ever found and all that) where's your mussie coalition now?
Can't really compare that, to what you were suggesting.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote