KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Congress clears historic health care bill

Congress clears historic health care bill
Started by: Moscow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah, another thread turned into "America the evil Empire!".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Ah, another thread turned into "America the evil Empire!".

Yeah, that happened many pages ago in this thread.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Bardock42
Can't really compare that, to what you were suggesting.

you mean America hasnt waltzed into Iraq, flattened it, killed it's government and it's soldiers for what we now know to be entirely the wrong reasons, and aernt now taking all the oil they can while the "conflict continues".?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:22 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Juk3n
you mean America hasnt waltzed into Iraq, flattened it, killed it's government and it's soldiers for what we now know to be entirely the wrong reasons, and aernt now taking all the oil they can while the "conflict continues".?

My post didn't refer to that part of your statement.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:23 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Juk3n

We aren't taking their oil. They seem to be selling it just fine, at the moment.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, that happened many pages ago in this thread.

No one sent me the memo.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by dadudemon
We aren't taking their oil. They seem to be selling it just fine, at the moment.

has the oil become profitable? I remember them having trouble in the initial years after the invasion, with too much instability making any real export of it impossible (Kurdistan excepted), has that changed?

Also, it wasn't just given to American companies in no-bid contracts?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:43 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by inimalist
has the oil become profitable? I remember them having trouble in the initial years after the invasion, with too much instability making any real export of it impossible (Kurdistan excepted), has that changed?

I could be the victim of GOP propaganda, but, from what I've been reading, things are looking up for Iraq and its oil, more so than ever before.

I glean information form here, every now and then:

http://www.iraqoilreport.com/oil/production-exports/

It doesn't seem that bias, but it does seem slightly anti-GOP at times.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure, I do know China (and a few other Asian countries) had a 3+ billion dollar oil-contract with them before the war started that they [China] then demanded be upheld and I believe it is or will be.

Edit: Did a quick Google:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/05/new...q_oil/index.htm It's old, so not sure what finally happened, but I do think the Asians got it.

Edit again: Thinking about that, I remember when Bush Co. was trying to sell the war to the American public, Cheney said something about 'access to oil means gas prices would drop for Americans', there's no way he and the others didn't know about these existing Asian contracts. Dirty lying bastards.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 15th, 2010 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:51 PM
tsilamini

Edit again: Thinking about that, I remember when Bush Co. was trying to sell the war to the American public, Cheney said something about 'access to oil means gas prices would drop for Americans', there's no way he and the others didn't know about these existing Asian contracts. Dirty lying bastards.

iirc it was an early attempt at convincing the public, but the "no blood for oil" meme was potent enough to quash it, imho i guess

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 09:06 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

iirc it was an early attempt at convincing the public, but the "no blood for oil" meme was potent enough to quash it, imho i guess

They're still *C-word* for saying it and double the *C-word-plural* for knowing it was bullshit to begin with.

Funny (not haha funny) thing, America ended up spilling blood and got higher fuel prices in return.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 09:13 PM
tsilamini

They're still *C-word* for saying it and double the *C-word-plural* for knowing it was bullshit to begin with.

hey, you will get no argument from me on that

Funny (not haha funny) thing, America ended up spilling blood and got higher fuel prices in return.

not only that, they made all oil installations around the world new potential targets for insurgents.

That and oil was something like 40 cents artifically inflated at the pump or something... probably not that bad, but I will exaggerate for the greater good

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 09:18 PM