KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Leo's Tourney!!!

Leo's Tourney!!!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 28 29 [30]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Congrats to PG on his win. Maybe I'll win one of these things somed...

confused

Wait a tick. Did I win this one?! Holy crap!

A hearty thank you to leo, participants, and the judges. And congrats to PG on a tourney well-fought. I won't lie and say this isn't a relief to win (it certainly is), but I'm ironically probably the most happy that I can go back to judging these things for a while. Tourneys drain me, from research and prep to drafts and matches themselves, so I'll hopefully get to take some time off now.

I'd also be remiss in not thanking inamilist for his help. I had singled out Urich for the finals but my collection on him is incomplete. In's respect thread on him is largely broken links, but he managed to re-scan much of it for me in the days preceding the finals. I would've had to choose someone else without his help, and while I had other solid options, I really liked Urich. So it worked out well.

It seems popular after winning a tourney to enter a bunch of partner tourneys, lending a champion's name to the mix while doing none of the work. That sounds like an amazing plan to me (), so despite my hoped-for layoff, I'll be back eventually, probably with a partner doing my dirty work.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
Me, too. I remember Leo and I discussing Harrow and the drainer just before the tourney opened. Leo allowed it because we agreed it wasn't unbeatable, and at least I felt pretty confident that someone would be able to get around it. I've looked at all of PG's matches, though, and was pretty shocked to see that there wasn't a lot of compensating going on to adjust for it.

Not sure if PG's debating was just that uber or if all of ya'll except Digi were shmucks. I'm betting on the latter though.

I mentioned this in PMs to others a few times. It was the one really original idea in the tourney. So a massive kudos to PG for it. The first time I beat PG was mostly by accident. My team worked well against him. I knew he was keeping it for the finals though, so it gave me some time to plan for it specifically. Everyone else couldn't plan specifically for the drainer though, because there were more people left in the tourney at the time, so it was more difficult until the last round of re-drafts when I only had one team to worry about.

That said, Urich was a specific answer to Harrow (tons of ranged attacks + base human to throw the drainer into some doubt), so I'll take a small amount of the credit. Spidey + Spot was also fun as hell, and would've been even better had Blair not disproven some of my strategies in the match before ( miffed ).

If PG had gotten his original draft of Mysterio + Harrow, I feel like it would've been hard for anyone to counter, myself included. Fortunately, he ended up banned for offensive teleportation, but it definitely would've required a different strategy from me.

As an addendum, I'll be updating the tourney respect thread soon to include this tourney, complete with champion's comments that I wish more tourney winners bothered to submit to me *looks at leo*. As always, feel free to suggest any additions that you think could be made, since I normally do changes all at once then ignore the thread for months.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 04:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
It seems popular after winning a tourney to enter a bunch of partner tourneys, lending a champion's name to the mix while doing none of the work.

confused

shifty

quote:
As an addendum, I'll be updating the tourney respect thread soon to include this tourney, complete with champion's comments that I wish more tourney winners bothered to submit to me *looks at leo*.

easy for you non-winners to say. wait until the talkshow circuit heats up. then you got all the radio and newspaper interviews, magazine shoots, paparazzi everywhere. who can find time to comment??

embarrasment

i'd like to thank all my partners for carrying me and all the hosts for making it possible. i'd like to thank my parents for raising me to be the person i am today and of course i owe a hearty thanks to scoob. you'v been my inspiration man!!! good night now!!

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

laughing out loud

I'm using that as champion's comments leo. For all your tourney wins.

...you think I'm joking.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

laughing out loud

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:30 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote