KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla (2014)

Godzilla (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Another Godzilla movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64648

hope they go with the Japanese look for Godzilla minus the guy in a rubber suit.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 09:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Neat.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 09:13 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gojira

I hope they don't screw this up.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 12:08 PM
Gojira is currently offline Click here to Send Gojira a Private Message Find more posts by Gojira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

There was a Godzilla movie I happened to catch a few years back: I believe it was, Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack, and it had the best, meanest, rubber-suited Godzilla I had ever seen. The distance shots were very realistic; up close, the pupilless, glowing eyes were extremely effective in conveying the monstrousness of Big G in all his glory. Best of all, there was even an underwater scene where swimming Godzilla was CGI'd. When I saw that I thought, this is how it should be done.

I hope they do it this time.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 12:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Kaiju FTW!!!!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
There was a Godzilla movie I happened to catch a few years back: I believe it was, Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack, and it had the best, meanest, rubber-suited Godzilla I had ever seen. The distance shots were very realistic; up close, the pupilless, glowing eyes were extremely effective in conveying the monstrousness of Big G in all his glory. Best of all, there was even an underwater scene where swimming Godzilla was CGI'd. When I saw that I thought, this is how it should be done.

I saw that one, too. My son loves it. He thinks it's hilarious.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw that one, too. My son loves it. He thinks it's hilarious.
Your son has good taste (must be genetic wink ).

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 05:13 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

where is "Destroy All Monsters" when you need it??

I hope this is far better than Godzilla '85

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

HELL TO THE YES!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 09:28 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

It's a little cheesy in parts, but in general it's a really badass movie. It had one of my favorite versions of Godzilla in it when I was younger.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 09:29 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Godzilla wouldn't be Godzilla w/o a lil' bit o' cheese. But what impressed me was how well they made the rubber suit work this time around. And the shot of CGI Godzilla: I reflect on the American Zilla and sigh as to what might've been.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 10:14 PM
Blinky
Android First Class

This will be lame. Americans should never touch Gojira again.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 03:22 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Godzilla wouldn't be Godzilla w/o a lil' bit o' cheese.

Dunno. The original "Gojira" was one of the darkest movies you'll find.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 06:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

and it also had a message in it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 07:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well its about god damn time

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 11:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Dunno. The original "Gojira" was one of the darkest movies you'll find.
I never saw the Japanese version, only the Americanized one. Still, the overall feel of the movie was great; some of the musical score is classic (eg, G coming ashore; the children singing/praying in the wake of destruction). Even the b/w (which I bemoaned as a kid) adds a quality which would probably dissipate if they ever colorized it. But some scenes of G, or shots of the back of a Japanese actor's head while they were doing all the talking ("Burr shots") often took me out of the moment.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 12:56 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
well its about god damn time

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 03:02 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tkemert20
Akira = Best Manga EVAR

Hasn't anyone brought up the "official" design of Godzilla yet?!
http : // farm3 dot static.flickr.com/2735/4285373531_cecb9294c2 dot jpg
http : // farm5 dot static.flickr.com/4012/4286115038_1bc0765985 dot jpg
I think it looks pretty damn cool!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 03:28 AM
Tkemert20 is currently offline Click here to Send Tkemert20 a Private Message Find more posts by Tkemert20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^Looks like a mix between Zilla and Godzilla.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 03:47 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Might want to re-type those links again.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 03:47 AM