KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla (2014)

Godzilla (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Oh. Well he officially dies in the original 1954. He died in Godzilla vs. Destroyah in 96 I think. And he died in 1998 american version but that was retconned. That was not Godzilla. All of the other movies they think they kill him but he usually just gets buried, put to sleep. Etc.

I hated that Kong died as well. But that was what made the story so tragic. That the beast died to save the beauty. The original Kong came in 1933,and Gojira in 1954. Both of them are still held to this day as classics. And the fact that they are still relevant today is amazing.

And if I'm not mistaken, Godzilla actually has more movies than any character ever in the history of movies. And is on the Hollywood walk of fame. I thought that was cool considering its giant fire breathing dinosaur lol.

I had heart for the latest Godzilla, was really mad how they killed her..

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:21 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Yeah...I mean, I didn't hate the movie, but having grown up with the original I was severely disappointed in the entire thing. But yes, I always root for the monster or animals as opposed to people. People are mean creatures. Have you ever seen the movie baby or bear? I will have to recheck these names but I bet you would like them.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:30 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah...I mean, I didn't hate the movie, but having grown up with the original I was severely disappointed in the entire thing. But yes, I always root for the monster or animals as opposed to people. People are mean creatures. Have you ever seen the movie baby or bear? I will have to recheck these names but I bet you would like them.

Bear was so sad.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:41 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Yeah it was. Baby was about a Brontosaurus and its mother that got discovered bin our time. It is basically Bear but with a happy ending. But it has been like 20,years since I've seen it. King Kong returns was good as well.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:48 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by quanchi112
Confirmation you don't want watch the show Supernatural. This explains a lot.

Only a hairbrained toolbag like you could make such a dumb leap in logic. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 09:55 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

(please log in to view the image)

could we move the **** on from that bs.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 11:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Epicurus
Only a hairbrained toolbag like you could make such a dumb leap in logic. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You don't deny it. Concession happily accepted.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 03:10 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'll admit that I love the 1998 Godzilla as a guilty pleasure. I remember seeing it in theaters when I was 6 years old, and renting it at least 20 times in a row when it hit Blockbuster. While I am aware of it's flaws and am certain that the new Godzilla will make the 98 version seem like a grain of sand against a blue whale in comparison, I will always harbor enjoyment from it.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 03:43 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

You don't deny it. Concession happily accepted.

You have awful reading comprehension skills, bruv.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 08:32 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

^ Looks a bit Cloverfield inspired.

Oh. Well he officially dies in the original 1954. He died in Godzilla vs. Destroyah in 96 I think. And he died in 1998 american version but that was retconned. That was not Godzilla. All of the other movies they think they kill him but he usually just gets buried, put to sleep. Etc.

I hated that Kong died as well. But that was what made the story so tragic. That the beast died to save the beauty. The original Kong came in 1933,and Gojira in 1954. Both of them are still held to this day as classics. And the fact that they are still relevant today is amazing.
Gorgo. The monster wins cuz Man was the bad guy. Excellent monologue at the end by a reporter watching Gorgo and Mom return to the sea.

Has been, and always will be, my favorite kaiju, with a message also still relevant today (perhaps more than ever).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 12:27 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Phuck that shit. If I find a kaiju, bytch is getting sold to the circus for tree fiddy.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:41 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He died in Godzilla vs. Destroyah in 96 I think.

Yeah he did

after that his son got all his excess radiation and life essence as a final gift.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:47 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Lestov16
Phuck that shit. If I find a kaiju, bytch is getting sold to the circus for tree fiddy.
lol. You may need a bigger containment.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 04:49 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

I'm guardedly excited about this movie. I hope it doesn't disappoint because I plan on seeing it in a theater.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 11:10 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I'm still remembering how great Godzilla looked in one of his movies when he was CGI'ed while swimming underwater.

This is gonna look at least as great...God(zilla) willing.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 11:58 AM
ShadowFyre

Just saw the leaked 5 min scene from wondercon. Some of the CGI wasn't finished, but it was epic none the less. There were dead bodies floating in the tsunami and it was awesome. Saw the smaller muto and it was pretty cool. Then Godzilla made a full appearance and let me just say the trailers haven't done him justice yet. He looks absolutely ****ing badass.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 01:57 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Epicurus
You have awful reading comprehension skills, bruv.
yes, you did. Don't make me bring Abhilegend in here to take care of you again.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 02:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Go get room.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:47 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Don't tell me you have an affair with him in addition to being Lestov's sex slave?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:51 AM