KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla (2014)

Godzilla (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm just glad that Godzilla is back in some form as is with the AVGN, He hasn't had a movie since 2004.

I guess, but for me I was really excited to see this film as the trailers looked as if they were going for that gritty "mankind has Frankenstein-like created an apocalyptic force of nature and must deal with their mistake" feel that the original '54 version had. Instead is was a throwback to the campy 70's films. Really would have preferred if GZ was the villain in this.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:28 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Nephthys
The characters in 2014 were boring outside of Cranston, but the characters in 98 were irritating shmucks. Every character in that movie is comic relief. I mean wtf? erm

Better than a plank of wood. At least there was some semblance of dimensionality to them.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Lestov16
I guess, but for me I was really excited to see this film as the trailers looked as if they were going for that gritty "mankind has Frankenstein-like created an apocalyptic force of nature and must deal with their mistake" feel that the original '54 version had. Instead is was a throwback to the campy 70's films. Really would have preferred if GZ was the villain in this.

I prefer to see Godzilla as more of a guardian of the earth kinda deal, Even tho the military still wish to blow the shit out of him in those other movies.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:33 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Being annoyed is worse than being bored, in this context. At least in 2014 I could look forward to the monsters for some excitement and they had a great first act with Cranston. In 98 it's a chore to sit through the whole movie and put up with the annoying characters and dialogue, Zilla was shit so I wasn't looking forward to seeing her and there weren't any monster fights.

Plus the 2014 had some gorgeous direction and locations. It's a technical masterpiece thats just let down by the dull characters and being too coy with Godzilla.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:35 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

That Guardian of Earth stuff worked when he was taking on aliens and such, but he was originally the ultimate villain, and the trailers made it seem they were going back to that. Maybe if I wasn't misled I could accept it better.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:36 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Nephthys
Being annoyed is worse than being bored, in this context. At least in 2014 I could look forward to the monsters for some excitement and they had a great first act with Cranston. In 98 it's a chore to sit through the whole movie and put up with the annoying characters and dialogue, Zilla was shit so I wasn't looking forward to seeing her and there weren't any monster fights.

Plus the 2014 had some gorgeous direction and locations. It's a technical masterpiece thats just let down by the dull characters and being too coy with Godzilla.

Well the characters didn't annoy me, so perhaps that is personal preference. I do agree that the directing, cinematography, and action was far better in this film. I just thought GINO's characters were more emotive and lively.

As far as being a technical masterpiece, any film can have good visuals, but it's the story and characters which determine how invested I am.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Sep 19th, 2014 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:38 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That Guardian of Earth stuff worked when he was taking on aliens and such, but he was originally the ultimate villain, and the trailers made it seem they were going back to that. Maybe if I wasn't misled I could accept it better.

I got a feeling they might go with that for the sequel since Toho has lighten up their grip on Mothra, Rodan and all the rest of those.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I guess that is fine, but again, I would have preferred the direct remake of the 1954 version that the trailer was promising.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:41 PM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

I did not like the original 54 movie. I appreciate it as the movie that started the GZ franchise, but found it kinda boring like most movies of that era.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 05:00 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I would have preferred the direct remake of the 1954 version that the trailer was promising.
Ditto...and with Cranston staying alive.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 07:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I enjoyed this movie personally I thought they did a great job with zilla but yeah there were some pretty bad things in this that they will hopefully change for the sequel.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 07:22 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Mindship
Ditto...and with Cranston staying alive.

I wouldn't have had a problem with his death if Brody was written to be a compelling lead, which given that his father just died SHOULD HAVE been a definite, but instead, they made him a cardboard cut out emotionless stereotype.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by CadenceV2
I did not like the original 54 movie. I appreciate it as the movie that started the GZ franchise, but found it kinda boring like most movies of that era.

Young kids these days and their explosions.. erm

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 09:16 AM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Kazenji
Young kids these days and their explosions.. erm

Young, if being in your thirties and having a family is young, then let me back into the carefree life of a high schooler laughing

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 11:30 AM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiranji
Restricted

Account Restricted

graphics of godzilla in these movie is excellent....

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:06 PM
kiranji is currently offline Click here to Send kiranji a Private Message Find more posts by kiranji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just watched James Rolfe's review of Rodan

as someone points out in the comments there are elements between that movie and Godzilla 2014

http://cinemassacre.com/2014/10/14/rodan-1956/

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 11:53 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

How much screen time does the big guy is in this film? Are we talking Clover or PR Kaiju?

In the mood watch a giant monster flick.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 11:58 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

More than Clover but less than the PR Kaiju.

The Mutos are really the main monsters of the film with Godzilla only really showing up at the end.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2014 12:05 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ericjames

Awesome movie...i like it ...must watch

Old Post Nov 10th, 2014 10:58 AM
ericjames is currently offline Click here to Send ericjames a Private Message Find more posts by ericjames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

they should of showed more godzilla... atleast orgins history of how the monster came to be...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 08:34 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote