KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Pokeverse v.s. FFverse

Pokeverse v.s. FFverse
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Thought Blitz Ball was anti-gravity. no expression
It's a giant ball of ****ing water. no expression

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 12:56 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

K.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 01:09 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

You are either not getting it, or are just plain terrible with reading comprehension.

I am not talking about FF characters anymore.

If Dark FF attacks are strong against certain Pokemon, they are weak against certain Pokemon. Being strong means they would share the same properties as Dark type Pokemon attacks. If they share the same properties, they are also weak against other Pokemon types. One does not come without the other.

Maybe you just have the wrong wording. I think you mean less effective on other Pokemon. Not even I would deny that.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 11:51 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Good, so Darkja doesn't do shit.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 01:40 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

no darkja does... blk mages in FF have pretty much all the elements they need to take out the pokemon. They just don't have one one or two like individual pokemon have, they have all of them. Some spells vary from game to game, but they are basically the same. Like I said from the beginning of this thread, as far as elements go, its quality vs quantity. stick out tongue

from what u said earlier, all i can get out of it is that u think if darkja was effective against pokemon with the respective weakness, then it's properties would make it weak against pokemon who have resistance to it. That might be true, but they can just use a spell that is effective, why would they hit them with darkja if it wasn't their weakness?

edit: I didnt read posts from when it was bumped, i just assumed u guys were talking about spells. Haven't been debating in a week, or so. It'd take too long to catch back up

Last edited by linkownsyousobs on Apr 30th, 2010 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 01:41 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

UPDATE:

I hereby banz0r all teh charakterz in both franchises.

This thread is now a bunch of inanimate objects doing nothing.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 01:58 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Well, something like MewTwo could easily use Aura Sphere, and due to types, overpower it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:10 AM
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Well, something like MewTwo could easily use Aura Sphere, and due to types, overpower it.

isn't Aura sphere a fighting type?.... silly little cow laughing

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:30 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
UPDATE:

laughing

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:31 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Yeah, Fighting > Dark. You didn't know that? Silly little...you...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:53 AM
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

lol.. I though u mistook it for a dark attack, my bad. I see your point now.

Problem is though, your still wrong. FF characters can use a lot of elements. Just because they have a dark element attack, doesn't always mean that they are weak against its opposing element. It really just depends on the character that Sin was using. Which one was it? If Aura Sphere is going to help Mewtwo, it would only help if they are weak against fighting moves. It doesn't stop darkja from hurting him just because its a move with a type advantage.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 04:57 AM
Heythere,Honey

UPDATE:

The chair wins. smokin'

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 05:08 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Good, so Darkja doesn't do shit.

You're taking my post and your post out of context. Darkja will still be supereffective against Mewtwo but less effective on Pokemon that resist Dark. But the latter can still be OH-KO'd since even resistances can't stop it.

Zodiark is weak against holy elements. An Aura Sphere won't stop it.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 01:14 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Aura Sphere could overpower these Dark Attacks that you seem to think are so powerful. On what do you base this power? More gameplay? 'cause if that's what you're basing it on, quit now.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:35 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Aura Sphere could overpower these Dark Attacks that you seem to think are so powerful. On what do you base this power? More gameplay? 'cause if that's what you're basing it on, quit now.

Aura Sphere has no power over Darkja. It's just an energy ball that's 100% accurate. Darkja is one of the most powerful enemy attacks in the game and it can cause instant death even if the character has resistance to dark magic.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 07:38 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Aura Sphere has no power over Darkja. It's just an energy ball that's 100% accurate. Darkja is one of the most powerful enemy attacks in the game and it can cause instant death even if the character has resistance to dark magic.
Ahem.

If it gets an advantage against pokemon types, it gets a disadvantage. Also, it has nothing to say Darkja is more powerful than Aurasphere, especialyl from MewTwo. smile Aurasphere would shut it down and probably obliterate any target behind the attack, as well.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 07:41 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Ahem.

If it gets an advantage against pokemon types, it gets a disadvantage. Also, it has nothing to say Darkja is more powerful than Aurasphere, especialyl from MewTwo. smile Aurasphere would shut it down and probably obliterate any target behind the attack, as well.

There's no proof that a fighting type move override a dark type move.

This is not the same as flamethrower clashing with a Hydro Pump

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 07:58 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

There's no proof that a fighting type move override a dark type move.

This is not the same as flamethrower clashing with a Hydro Pump
Yes it is. Dark < Fighting. Kthnx.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:00 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Yes it is. Dark < Fighting. Kthnx.

A water gun isn't going to stop a rock slide.

Your argument sucks.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:13 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

A water gun isn't going to stop a rock slide.

Your argument sucks.
A large volume of water moving at several machs > a rockslide.

You're the one who wanted to assign pokemon dark type to Darkja, either play by your own rules, or let the attack fail against 100% of pokemon attacks, dun matter to me. Hell, you never even proved it was equivelant to pokemon dark type, and we let you have that, and now you're renegging.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:14 PM