KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Best 007

Best 007
Started by: shaanewarne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hatchet

I am a huge fan of Sean Connery and for me he is the best Bond. I think that Brosnan comes a close second though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 10:40 PM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markwoge
Restricted

Account Restricted

If we look at the best bond character than I would definitely go with all time and the great pierce brosnan. He Completely fits in the bond character as per my view. He is good and best actor as he has done many other films too.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 03:33 PM
markwoge is currently offline Click here to Send markwoge a Private Message Find more posts by markwoge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
When he was still young and looked the part in The Man With The Golden Gun and Live And Let Die,the movies were more like the Connery films and stayed away from that.In that timeframe when he was young and the movies were still serious,he was every bit as good as Connery.I'll give the Moore bashers some slack on their bashing of him from Moonraker on but they have no room to say he wasnt at least close to equaling Connery in those two early films.

His movies were never serious. Let's get that out of the way first. This was the single biggest problem with Moore era. His looks was the second biggest problem. You are correct in stating in his first two outings he looked fine. I've stated this before. If you could take that face and build and digitally replace it throughout the resat of his tenure it would be neat. Especially in the films FYEO, OP, and AVTAK.

But his looks wasn't going to change how he played the character. Bond to me was nailed by Connery in the first 4 films, Lazenby, and Craig's two outings. The rest are sub-par to me. Moore has his moments but for the most part can't sustain it enough for an entire film to compete with these three.

I'm not saying Connery is perfect. He isn't, but in his first four entries he was damn good.

1.Craig
2.Connery
3.Lazenby

Lazenby is wonderful as Bond and so was his film, but I'm not sure I can give him the benefit of the doubt over four great performances from Connery.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 07:10 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

Originally posted by Darth Martin
His movies were never serious. Let's get that out of the way first. This was the single biggest problem with Moore era. His looks was the second biggest problem. You are correct in stating in his first two outings he looked fine. I've stated this before. If you could take that face and build and digitally replace it throughout the resat of his tenure it would be neat. Especially in the films FYEO, OP, and AVTAK.

But his looks wasn't going to change how he played the character. Bond to me was nailed by Connery in the first 4 films, Lazenby, and Craig's two outings. The rest are sub-par to me. Moore has his moments but for the most part can't sustain it enough for an entire film to compete with these three.

I'm not saying Connery is perfect. He isn't, but in his first four entries he was damn good.

1.Craig
2.Connery
3.Lazenby

Lazenby is wonderful as Bond and so was his film, but I'm not sure I can give him the benefit of the doubt over four great performances from Connery.

I'm sorry but Daniel Craig is by far the worst of the Bond's. I know people say that he is true to Fleming's blueprint, but he just does cannot act in my opinion. I have always thought that Dalton did a far better job of portraying Fleming's Bond than any of the others.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:26 PM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

The worst? Doesn't act?

thumb down

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 12:44 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

The worst? Doesn't act?

thumb down

If you honestly think that Craig is the best and can act I don't think you can have actually watched his two movies.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 12:31 PM
Darth Martin

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 07:01 PM
Mr Parker

1.Craig
2.Connery
3.Lazenby

In The Man With The Golden Gun and with Live and Let Die,he was serious in those films,it wasnt till The Spy Who Loved Me where he started to play it with some humor in it when he started winking at the girl in the helicopter chasing him and grinning widely to get Jaws to grin so he would open his mouth so he could snatch his metal teeth. with that metal attracter rig.

That was why i always preferred Moore over Connery cause he provided an added dimension to his character joking around when his life was in danger and when he delivered the jokes,he would like wink his eye when he did indicating he got the joke,where Connery was dry in his delivery soudning like he didnt really catch the joke. Conney was good in his own way and so was Moore.Like I have said before,they are really the two best actors to have played the role,others are just a buncn of wanna be Bonds.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2010 07:16 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I agree. Moore has his GREAT moments and in some ways stands out alone with his humor. But he often goes too over the top.

In TSWLM when he winks at Naomi in the helicopter it's utter brilliance. But all of the scenes with Jaws are terrible.

I thought Moore was wonderful in the scene at his home in LALD where he's had a one night stand with this braud, trying to hide here as M and Moneypenny come over for a visit.

He looked relatively young and had great wit about him.

However, LALD suffers from Sherrif Pepper and the that dreadful boat chase scene that runs on far too long. It was awesome seeing Moore's Bond react with blacks though. thumb up

Ay man, for $20, I'll take you to a Ku Klux Klan cookout. Then the camera fades to Bond looking uncomfortable. Great stuff. His "not afraid in the moment of death" act rules in the scene where he is introduced to Tee Hee and Mr.Big. That scene kicks ass.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 12:40 PM
ChocolateCake

I agree. Moore has his GREAT moments and in some ways stands out alone with his humor. But he often goes too over the top.

In TSWLM when he winks at Naomi in the helicopter it's utter brilliance. But all of the scenes with Jaws are terrible.
I thought Moore was wonderful in the scene at his home in LALD where he's had a one night stand with this braud, trying to hide here as M and Moneypenny come over for a visit.

He looked relatively young and had great wit about him.

However, LALD suffers from Sherrif Pepper and the that dreadful boat chase scene that runs on far too long. It was awesome seeing Moore's Bond react with blacks though. thumb up

Ay man, for $20, I'll take you to a Ku Klux Klan cookout. Then the camera fades to Bond looking uncomfortable. Great stuff. His "not afraid in the moment of death" act rules in the scene where he is introduced to Tee Hee and Mr.Big. That scene kicks ass.

I have to agree. I thought that the scenes with Jaws were fine.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 04:03 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Can't stand Jaws. One of the poorest decisions by EON.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 07:52 PM
Mr Parker

Can't stand Jaws. One of the poorest decisions by EON.

totally disagree.He was easily his most dangerous villians Bond ever fought right up there with Oddjob.either one of those two you could argue was the most dangerous one he faced.its just they screwed him up in Moonraker having him turn good at the end betraying his evilness like they did is what I did not like about Jaws.But he was an exception and great villain and one of his all time classics in The Spy Who Loved Me though.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 08:13 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Jaws was FAR from the most dangerous villain Batman has faced. Oddjob was a far superior henchman than Jaws. He was a martial artist, was more durable as far as blunt force went(Jaws could take more damage such as falls, debris, etc.), stronger, and had a viable long range attack. Not to mention he was intelligent.

Jaws came straight out of a saturday morning cartoon. He was there for comic relief. Oddjob was a badass that Bond wanted absolutely no part of. Bond basically tooled Jaws in TSWLM every time, incapacitating Jaws momentarily, and escaping him. Bond only defeated Oddjob once, and it was with a cliche.

"Easily his most dangerous villain?" Please......Red Grant was probably Bond's most dangerous opponent with Oddjob coming in second place. Scaramanga springs to mind as well as Alec Treveylan.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 08:26 PM
Hatchet

Jaws was a good henchman but he wasn't a dangerous villain.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 02:54 PM
Darth Martin

I thought he was horrible. It would have been better if he weren't so stupid. He's my second biggest gripe about TSWLM.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 03:23 PM
princehole

“Basically, Edmond has a lengthy record and the tips that came in about him was that he had no regard for life. According to reports, he has family that's been helping him,”

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 03:43 PM
princehole is currently offline Click here to Send princehole a Private Message Find more posts by princehole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Jaws was FAR from the most dangerous villain Batman has faced. Oddjob was a far superior henchman than Jaws. He was a martial artist, was more durable as far as blunt force went(Jaws could take more damage such as falls, debris, etc.), stronger, and had a viable long range attack. Not to mention he was intelligent.

Jaws came straight out of a saturday morning cartoon. He was there for comic relief. Oddjob was a badass that Bond wanted absolutely no part of. Bond basically tooled Jaws in TSWLM every time, incapacitating Jaws momentarily, and escaping him. Bond only defeated Oddjob once, and it was with a cliche.

"Easily his most dangerous villain?" Please......Red Grant was probably Bond's most dangerous opponent with Oddjob coming in second place. Scaramanga springs to mind as well as Alec Treveylan.

one that Batman faced? big grin uh thats crazy.you think Bond wanted any part of Jaws? get real.and You better look at jaws strength again in those movies.picking up the car like he did in the spy who loved me and breaking those metal beams apart on the moonraker ship? no ordinary average joe could accomplish a feat like that.

Jaws had Bond in the clutches of death on that train and would have been another victem of his if not for the fate of lady luck being on his side being able to be fortunate enough to be close enough to that lamp to grab and smash it and temporarily disable jaws by electrocuting his teeth.If that lamp isnt there,Bond is a dead man. Bond wanted no part of Jaws either after that,he knew how dangerous he was.Thats why he tricked him by smiling getting Jaws to do so as well and lower that metal attracter like a magnet.He wanted no part of him.

Why do you think he got on that cable car wire in Moonraker and sailed the way down on it with Miss Goodnight? After he was able to get him in that cable car the way he did,he didnt want to wait around for him to get out so he could tangle with him again,he wanted no part of him is why they were so anxious to get off that cable car while they could.

and I dont know who Alec Treveylan is,must of been from the Brosnan Bond movies which i have only seen once.I hate Brosnan remember? but Red Grant more dangerous than those two? please get real.He is just a normal human being not anywhere near as dangerous as those two are.Thats one of the reasons TSWLM is my favorite Bond movie of them all because Jaws was such a dangerous villain.

sorry those two are easily the most dangerous over Red Grant.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 10:02 PM
Hatchet

I thought he was horrible. It would have been better if he weren't so stupid. He's my second biggest gripe about TSWLM.

See I think that by making him stupid he was slightly mnore believeable. If you look at Oddjob he almost seems inhuman, but Jaws feels very human in my opinion.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 12:59 AM
Darth Martin

Nope. Red Grant is the most dangerous villain to Bond in the series. Watch FRWL. He completely had Bond at his mercy on the train.

Jaws is superhumanly strong, sure. But I tend to point towards Oddjob crushing that golf ball into dust as being more impressive than lifting a car and whatnot. Schwarzenegger could have done that.

Treveylan is the villain in GoldenEye. He was a former MI6 Double-O agent believed to be killed in action. He went by "006". Friend of Bond's.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 02:36 AM
Alpha-7
No.1

Jaws in all right, but he is not a great Bond villain by any means.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 03:58 PM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote