KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Why do people hate INDY 4 so much?

Why do people hate INDY 4 so much?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"How many people had I already animated? There were those six that I knew about for sure. Close enough to blow their last breath in my face. But this time, it was an American and an officer. That wasn't supposed to make any difference to me, but it did. Shit... rendering a man with CGI in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500. I took the job. What the hell else was I gonna do?"

- Willard in voiceover, Apocalypse Now Updated Redux 2013

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 01:16 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"I wanted to make a Hollywood blockbusters. And for my CGI abilities they gave me one. And when it is over, I never want another."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 01:38 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"He likes you because you're still unreplaced by a CGI clownfrog."
- Photojournalist to Wiliard, Apocalypse Now Updated Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 02:16 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"When I saw that rendering it really put the hook in me. I just connect that rendering with a real life man."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 04:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Chef: "Why do all you guys sit on your helmets?"
Soldier: "So we don't get our balls animated as being blown off."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 04:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

'I animated a snail crawl along the edge of a live action straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a real straight razor... and being perfectly unbelievable.'

- Col. Walter E. Kurtz on radio, Apocalypse Now Updated Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 10:25 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's ass. The war was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole CGI circus away."

Capt.Willard in contemplative voiceover, Apocalypse Now Updated Remastered Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 05:12 PM
queeq
Chaos

"Oh man... the CGI piled up so fast in Hollywood, you needed wings to stay above it."

Capt.Willard in contemplative voiceover, Apocalypse Now Updated Remastered Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:01 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Willard: "Are you crazy, Goddammit? Don't you think its a little risky for some CGI?"
Kilgore: "If I say its safe to render this beach, Captain, then its safe to render this beach! I mean, I'm not afraid to animate this place, I'll CG backplate this whole f**king place!"

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:30 AM
queeq
Chaos

"I've seen those renderings, renderings that you've seen. But you have no right to call me an talentless director. You have a right to fire me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to call me that.
It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what CGI means. CGI! CGI has a face, and you must make a friend of CGI. CGI and a total lack of filmmaking abilities are your friends. If they are not, then you won't make any money."

- Col. Walter E. Kurtz as Michael Bay, Apocalypse Now Updated Redux 2013

Last edited by queeq on Jan 30th, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 12:36 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Lucas. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello..stop f**king movies up" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'poo' is the first word in 'Poodoo'? If you can keep your head unreplaced by CG when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all the audience doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged CG claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..."

The photojournalist, Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered, Special Edition Redux 2013

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 30th, 2012 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 07:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to animate my performance?
Willard: I was sent on a Lucasfilm classified mission, sir.
Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
Willard: They told me that you had gone totally live action, and that these filming methods were unsound.
Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Willard: I don't understand the method at all, sir.
Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an animator?
Willard: I'm a modeller.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're a yes man, sent for by George Lucas, to nod and agree.

Dialogue Col. Kurtz and Capt. Willard, Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered en Revised, Special Edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:15 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had practical effects plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullshit, man!"

- The Photojournalist - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 11:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

"Well, you see, Willard, in this business, things get confused out there. Power, ideals, the old school of movie making, and practical CGI necessity. But out there with these co-workers, it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every filmmaker's heart, between animation and live action, between good and evil. And live action does not always triumph. Sometimes, CGI overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature."

- Gen. Corman - dialogue - - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 03:42 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Phantom Menace... shit; I'm still only on Phantom Menace... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back on A New Hope.."

Willard in voiceover - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 03:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Colonel Lucas: Your report specifies animation/modelling with LucasFilm I-Corps.
Willard: I'm not presently disposed to discuss these operations, sir.
Colonel Lucas: Did you not work on the CGI in KOTC?
Willard: No, sir.
Colonel Lucas: Did you not animate an esteemed young actor swinging in trees with monkeys, June 19th, 2007?
Willard: Sir, I am unaware of any such animation or production... and I would be too embarrassed to discuss such an animation if it did in fact exist, sir.

Gen. Corman - Capt. Willard, dialogue - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's extended edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 03:52 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"We train young men to animate garbage as people, but their commanders won't allow them to actually write "fu*k" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

Capt.Walter E Kurtz - Capt. Willard, dialogue - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's extended edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:14 PM
queeq
Chaos

Willard: My mission is to make it up into Cambodia. There's a Green Beret Colonel up there who's gone live action. I'm supposed to animate his scenes.
Chef: What? Oh, that's typical! Shit! ****in' Lucasfilm mission! I'm short, and we gotta go up there so you can animate one of our best films? That's ****in' great! That's just ****in' great! Shit! That's ****in' crazy! I thought you were going in there to assist direct, or load some ****ing cameras or something!
Willard: I'm sorry. Look, I'll cut you loose here and you can turn around and...
Chef: [interupting] No, no, we go together... on the boat! We came this far, so we go together. All the way! We'll take you up there, we'll go with you... but on the boat! Okay?

Chef and Capt. Willard - dialogue - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's extended edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 07:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"It's a way we had over here for living with ourselves. We draw them and cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a CG Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated CG lies."
Capt.Willard - Voiceover - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's extended edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 07:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained animators. These men who modelled with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten departments of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to animate without feeling... without passion... without judgment of George... without judgment! Because it's judging George that defeats us.

- Col. Walter E. Kurtz , - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's extended edition Redux 2013

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 09:02 PM