KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Why do people hate INDY 4 so much?

Why do people hate INDY 4 so much?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Never get out of the practical effects boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... Lucas got off the boat. He split from the whole fu*kin' program."

- Capt.Willard (In voiceover) - - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 11:30 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"If that's how Michael Bay made movies, I began to wonder what they really had against Lucas. It wasn't just insanity and CGI; there was enough of that to go around for everyone."

- Capt.Willard (In voiceover) - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:35 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"There's mines over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn CG monkeys bite, I'll tell ya."

- Photojournalist - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:03 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I worry that my son might not understand what I've tried to create. And if I were to be fired, Willard, I would want someone to go to my home and tell my son everything. Everything I did, everything you saw, because there's nothing that I detest more than the stench of CGI. And if you understand me, Willard, you will do this for me.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:18 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

"This is the way the F***ing world ends! Look at this F**king CG shit we're in, man! Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm F**king splitting, Jack."

The Photojournalist - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

"The First of the Ninth was a old special effects department that traded in their motioncontrol cmaera's for CGI rendering computers and went tear-assing around Hollywood looking for the shit... "

- Capt.Willard (In voiceover) - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:56 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Photo Journalist: "I wish I had words, man. I wish I had words... I can tell ya something like the other day he wanted to kill me. Somethin' like that..."
Willard: "Why'd he wanna kill you?"
Photo Journalist: "Because I animated gungan ears on him. He said "If you take my picture again, I'm gonna kill you." And he meant it."

Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-collector's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

"This Lucas guy? He's wacko, man! He's worse than crazy. He's evil. It's ****in' CGI inferno. Look around you. Shit! He's loco... I ain't afraid of all them ****in' JarJar and swinging monkeys and shit. I used to think if I saw a movie with CGI, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? ****! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here. So whaddya wanna do? I'll kill the ****."

Chef - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-collector's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:04 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

[about Colonel Kilgore] "Well, he wasn't a bad officer, I guess. He loved his boys, and he felt safe with 'em. He was just one of those guys with that weird edge enhancement light around him. He just knew he wasn't gonna get so much as a scratch here."

Capt.Willard - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

It was close, real close. I couldn't see the matte lines, but I could feel him, as if the rendered boat were being sucked upriver and the CGI water was unrealistically flowing back into the jungle. Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't gonna be the way they call it back in film school.

Capt.Willard - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:32 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Well, you see, Willard, in this war, things get confused out there. Power, ideals, the old morality, and practical effects necessity. But out there with these natives, it must be a temptation to render them. Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and irration, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature."

General Corman - to Willard - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
"Well, you see, Willard, in this business, things get confused out there. Power, ideals, the old school of movie making, and practical CGI necessity. But out there with these co-workers, it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every filmmaker's heart, between animation and live action, between good and evil. And live action does not always triumph. Sometimes, CGI overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature."

- Gen. Corman - dialogue - - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's edition Redux 2013

Anyways.....

The camera operator, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam; probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans. Lance, on the forward .50s, was a famous actor from the beaches south of LA. One look at him and you wouldn't believe he ever fired a weapon in his whole life. Clean... Mr. Clean... was from some Modesto shithole and the looks and possibilities of CGI really put the zap on his head. Then there was Phillips, the Chief. It might have been my mission, but it sure as shit was the Chief's movie!

Capt. Willard (voice over) - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:10 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"The CG heads. You're looking at the unconvincing CG heads. Sometimes he goes too far. He's the first one to admit it. "

-Photojournalist - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

"That's ****in' typical! Shit! ****in' Star Wars changes! I'm short and we gotta go up there so you can animate new stuff in one of our favourite movies? That's ****in' great! That's just ****in' great, man. Shit. That's ****in'... crazy! I thought you were going in there to blow up the originals in HD, or, some other release of the OT or somethin'."

Chef - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-collector's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 08:13 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Willard: [incredulous] What are you talking about?
Chief Quartermaster (QMC) Phillips: We're taking her to some friendlies, Captain. She's really actually wounded, she's not 'CG wounded'.
Willard: Get off there, Chef.
[Animators draw Willard shooting the injured girl]
Chef: F*ck it!
Willard: [to Chief] I told you not to stop. Now let's go!

- Conversation from Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 10:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

"I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to watch a movie. We left the video store after we had rented The Phantom Menace, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. We couldn't see it. We took it to the theatre and they had made a creature of CGI. There it was on the screen. With a silly voice and big floppy ears. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do."

Col. Walter E. Kurtz - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 12:19 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Kilgore: How're you feeling, Jimmy?
Door Gunner Binks: Liksa meaney bombad motherf**ksa, sa!

Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 02:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

Francis de Marais: Why don't you Americans learn from us - from our mistakes? Mon Dieux! With your animators, your skills, your computer power, you could make great movies if you want to! You can do it without CGI!
Hubert de Marais: The old school filmmakers... we worked with them, made something - something out of celluloid... We want to see it because it's ours - it belongs to us. It keeps our family together. I mean, we fought for that. While you Americans... you are making the biggest nothing in history!

Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 03:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Jar Jar don't surf!"

-Capt. Kilgore - Apocalypse Now Updated, Restored, Remastered and Revised Special Director's Extra-Extended-Collector's-Edition-Boxset Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 05:24 PM
queeq
Chaos

Jar Jar didn't get much USO. He was swimming too deep or moving too weirdly. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little goober fish meat. He had only two ways home: death, or deletion.

Capt. Willard (voice over) - Apocalypse Now Updated, Remastered and Revised Special director's edition Redux 2013

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 09:53 PM