KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who would you choose to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Who would you choose to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Who would you choose to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Once Christian Bale is done who would be a good choice in your opinion to play batman/Wayne? Plus say why smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 06:34 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

providing Bale doesn't not return after Batman 3, at this moment I am unsure but perhaps Sam Worthington to start

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 06:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
providing Bale doesn't not return after Batman 3, at this moment I am unsure but perhaps Sam Worthington to start

I have not been impressed by any of his roles.

Though, I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want. I'd rather go for good or lower key actor rather than a known action star. Maybe Timothy Olyphant? Edward Norton (even though he has already played Hulk, I imagine him doing a good job as Bruce Wayne, but not as much Batman)? Sam Rockwell? Guy Pierce?

I know not all of those guys are perfect, but they at least don't come across like robots on the screen.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 08:36 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Oh **** no.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 09:24 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Myth
I have not been impressed by any of his roles.

Though, I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want. I'd rather go for good or lower key actor rather than a known action star. Maybe Timothy Olyphant? Edward Norton (even though he has already played Hulk, I imagine him doing a good job as Bruce Wayne, but not as much Batman)? Sam Rockwell? Guy Pierce?

I know not all of those guys are perfect, but they at least don't come across like robots on the screen.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Oh **** no.

i just said Worthington because he was at the top of my head, besides i think it will be some time before Warner Bros/DC bring back Batman once Bale is done.. I am not sure who will play Batman/Wayne afterward

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 09:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Is Sam the guy who was in terminator 4/Avatar/COTT

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 08:55 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yes

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 08:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Hmmm, good actor but don't see him as batman/Wayne

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 10:57 AM
Mr Parker

If Bale hangs it up after Batman 3 Nolan should as well and end it as a trilogy.Dont want to make the same mistake Stallone did with the rocky movies where he should have done the wise thing and ended it as a trilogy with the first three great films but chose to go on and gave us those crapfest films Rocky 4 and Rocky 5.Different circumstances here since Stallone still played Rocky but the same principal,quit wheile your ahead.

It would be wise to end it right there as a trilogy if Bale hung it up after Batman 3 because as of now,Bale is the one and ONLY true Bruce Wayne/Batman to have played the role since he is the only actor who was great in BOTH roles of Bruce Wayne AND Batman.So hang it up at that point and maybe restart it again 20 years later like they did with Batman Begins with a different actor then at that point.If you try to continue it without Bale,it just wouldnt work cause Bale had the luxury of not having to fill the shoes of anybody since none of the other actors that played Batman were great in both roles where since he was great in both roles,the next actor would really have their work cut out for them trying to fill those big shoes of Bales and they would have a really hard time measuring up to his great performance he gave.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 05:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I like Rocky 4...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:51 PM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Myth
Maybe Timothy Olyphant?
I like Olyphant, but come on now. No resemblance what so ever.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 02:06 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I never said he would be great. In fact, I said, "I can't really think of anybody at the moment that I'd want." Then I proceeded to think of some of the guys that were decent options, but I still don't believe any of those guys are right for the role.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 06:31 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

also since Batman 4 is at least 5 years away it stands to reason that WB will give Bale every opportunity to return

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 07:10 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by steverules_2
I like Rocky 4...

uh that movie was a joke and disgraced the rocky franchise.rocky would have died just like appollo did if it had been real.He never would have lasted 10 rounds and been able to take that punishment.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 04:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Mr Parker
uh that movie was a joke and disgraced the rocky franchise.rocky would have died just like appollo did if it had been real.He never would have lasted 10 rounds and been able to take that punishment.

Lol if rocky was real he woulda died in the 1st/2nd movie, he took waaaaay more punishment there

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 11:59 AM