KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man's arch villain

Spider-man's arch villain
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KCJ506

Spider-man's arch villain

Who do you consider to be Spidey's main villain?

Green Goblin - Responsible for one of the most life altering moments of Peter's life. The death of Gwen Stacy. The mantle of the Goblin corrupted the life of Peter's best friend, Harry. No villain has ever haunted or affected Spider-Man's life quite like GG.

Doc Ock - Handed Spidey his first defeat. Which humbled him & made him re-think his approach to crime fighting. Created the Sinister Six, bringing about one of THE toughest physical challenges Spidey has had to date.

No other villains can compare. Not even Venom as some symbiote fanboys like to claim.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 08:19 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

GG, he's had more of an effect on Pete's life...he's like what the Joker is to Batman...he is spidermans Joker, he's manipulated spidermans lfie and also he did kill the love of spidermans life

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 02:31 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Norman,GG

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 05:12 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Venom, i think he became Spidey's arch-enemy in 90's and 20's.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 10:56 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

I liked Morlun, yes not really the arch enemy but
the fights between him and Spidey were great.
No (big) evil plot just beating the crap out of each other big grin

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 11:21 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Morlun was great, yeah.

Doc Ock for me.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 02:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

It always between Goblin, Ock and Venom (usually in that order) the main reason why I think that Sam Raimy is an idiot for wanting Sandman as a main villain in part 3 and as an uncle Ben killer...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 09:08 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
It always between Goblin, Ock and Venom (usually in that order) the main reason why I think that Sam Raimy is an idiot for wanting Sandman as a main villain in part 3 and as an uncle Ben killer...

Yeah making Sandman's Uncle Ben's killer was really unnecessary, but I think the reason Raimi did that was because of the revenge plot. So if Venom wasn't in the movie this retcon probably wouldn't have happened, because there would be no black suit, no symbiote, no revenge theme.

Despite Venom being one of the big three it wasn't the time for him and I think the movie would have been better off without him. He requires two movies. One to set him up and the other for him being Venom. The previous movies set up Harry as a villain. Not some alien symbiote that hadn't been introduced yet, nor had any foreshadowing.

Plus shortly after SM2 came out both Raimi and Maguire said they liked Sandman. So it wasn't really a shock that he was in it.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 02:54 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Good point. If he was say introduced in part 2 and appeared in 3 it would've been better. But the thing is, I dont think him beeing in 3rd ruined the movie in any way. It could've been better if instead of making Sandman they just went with Goblin 2 and Venom as the main baddy.

I understand that revange plot makes it all more dramatic but it screws up the vey base idea of Spider-man. He became a crime fighter after the guy he let go killed his uncle, because he realised it was in his power to prevent that from happening. But now it turns out there's no need for him to capture the thief his uncle would've been killed anyway.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 04:19 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Nah I wouldn't have liked GG2 and Venom either because we'd probably get three or four fight scenes with Harry. One or two with regular Spidey and the rest with Black Spidey. Seems kinda repetitive with another goblin being the main villain.

And just having Brock get the symbiote near the end and the two just have only one fight where Spidey defeats him would be lame. That's a missed opportunity to show Venom as a really frightening villain. Having him stalk Spider-Man, visiting his Aunt, terrorizing Mary Jane, really letting Peter know that he could get any of his loved ones and that he knows all of his little secrets. It would also be great to see Venom trying to expose Spider-Man as Peter Parker.

I strongly believe that if it was Sandman/Vulture it would have been a much better movie. Because

- They would have been connected right from the start and shared scenes together.

- Vulture is less complicated than Venom and would have began as a pure evil villain.

- Vulture would have maniuplated Sandman into commiting crimes. I mean they make out Sandman to not really be a bad guy, but not only does he attack police and cilvilans, he willingly goes along with a plot to kidnap an innocent woman just so he could kill Spider-man. Removing Vulture's maniuplation just makes him look like a douche.

- I think Vulture would have been a former employee of Oscorp. So he would have had some kind of connection with Harry.

- They would have had Ben freaking Kingsley playing him. Who do you prefer him or Eric Foreman?

Plus we also missed out on what could have been an epic air battle between Harry and Vulture. Screw you Arad!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 11:01 PM
BUSTER1

Norman Osborn is definitely Spiderman's arch enemy for me. He killed Pete's 1st true love, nearly drove him insane with the clone saga, kidnapped and kept his aunt prisoner, while Pete thought she was dead.....
No one, not even Venom has gotten to Spidey like Norman.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 09:47 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Green Goblin hands down. Even before ASM #39, whenever he showed up, shit went down.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:21 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceyvenomhead

In one of the old cartoons it was the kingpin+dococ

Old Post May 7th, 2010 01:22 AM
iceyvenomhead is currently offline Click here to Send iceyvenomhead a Private Message Find more posts by iceyvenomhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Yeah, in the cartoons, they made it seem like it was Kingpin.

Green Goblin imo.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 7th, 2010 05:24 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

arch, i always thought it was a tie inbetween kingpin and venom. more kingpin outta the 2 though.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 8th, 2010 11:15 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceyvenomhead

Venom In many shows comics ect they are more then fight fight fght fight like the other villains are.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 09:44 PM
iceyvenomhead is currently offline Click here to Send iceyvenomhead a Private Message Find more posts by iceyvenomhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

It's definitely Osborn, mentally he f'd up spider-man pretty bad. Venom just doesn't stand up, I can never imagine GG working with Spider-man like Venom did, Venom simply lacks the insanity and merciless nature of Goblin. Heck in Maximum Carnage he almost got himself killed saving Spider-man.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 08:33 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Stormin' Norman

Old Post May 14th, 2010 03:13 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spire

Goblin.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 07:21 AM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelababy
Restricted

Account Restricted

he's manipulated spidermans lfie and also he did kill the love of spidermans life.the fights between him and Spidey were great.It could've been better if instead of making Sandman they just went with Goblin 2 and Venom as the main baddy.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 05:31 AM
angelababy is currently offline Click here to Send angelababy a Private Message Find more posts by angelababy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote