KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Luke Cage Vs Blade

Luke Cage Vs Blade
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Sure adamantium can hurt Cage, but does Blade has the strength to make it pass through his skin? If you have scans of Blade piercing titanium with a sword then I say yes. Otherwise...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 03:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Sure adamantium can hurt Cage, but does Blade has the strength to make it pass through his skin? If you have scans of Blade piercing titanium with a sword then I say yes. Otherwise...
I'm pretty sure i've read, that wolverines claws would pass through titanium like butter (very vague memory, so i may be wrong) if so blade wouldn't need much strength to slice through

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 04:03 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine's cut through omnium (which is vastly more durable than titanium) like it was made of paper.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 04:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YFZ 350

Didn't Blade cut Thing with his regular sword?

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 04:52 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Then its safe to say Cage is ph_cked.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 05:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by YFZ 350

Wouldn't call it a cut.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 05:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cages skin is more resistant to cuts than things

I have returned

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 05:55 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Cages skin is more resistant to cuts than things

a
d
a
m
a
n
t
i
u
m

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 06:31 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by YFZ 350
Not really. He did chip his arm though.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:31 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Didn't Cage get cut by Hand ninja?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:34 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

God I hope not.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:35 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by snoopdogg
God I hope not.

Didn't it happen in NA #30...?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:43 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by snoopdogg
God I hope not.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:46 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

What are people's thoughts on this now? Cage is much strong than Blade at this point since the upgrade.

Also side question: I vaguely remember Ultimate Blade did this hypnosis thing on Hulk, but has 616 Blade ever done this?

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 07:09 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
What are people's thoughts on this now? Cage is much strong than Blade at this point since the upgrade.

2010 Cage was already after his upgrade.

And even originally, he was still a whole lot stronger than Blade.

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Also side question: I vaguely remember Ultimate Blade did this hypnosis thing on Hulk, but has 616 Blade ever done this?

Not that I recall.

----
----
Anyway, Blade is no longer using his adamantium odachi, afaik. That doesn't bode well for him here.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 07:14 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

2010 Cage was already after his upgrade.

And even originally, he was still a whole lot stronger than Blade.

I guess you're right! I remember Blade with some super-strength feats but nothing much more than ripping chains and whatnot.

Not that I recall.

----
----
Anyway, Blade is no longer using his adamantium odachi, afaik. That doesn't bode well for him here.

Found what I was thinking of! It was Tyrone Cash not Banner Hulk:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

...Weird feat tbh. And it's safe to say 616 Eric could not do this, right?

Anyway, even with the adamantium sword I think Blade has trouble. Why was everyone so convinced otherwise 9 years ago?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 07:30 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Doubt he can. He turned into a bat once, though laughing out loud

Because adamantium has much better feats than one-shotting the likes of Cage.

That and Blade should have the speed and skill advantages here (not to mention range, unless Cage decided to t-clap).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 07:49 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Doubt he can. He turned into a bat once, though laughing out loud

Because adamantium has much better feats than one-shotting the likes of Cage.

That and Blade should have the speed and skill advantages here (not to mention range, unless Cage decided to t-clap).

Got it. So with the adamantium weaponry, it does appear to be a good fight. I still think that even if Blade can pierce Cage's skin (which he very much can w/ the speed, range, and skill set you mention), Cage still has a healing factor, and can eventually get to Blade, rip him to shreds, no?

Also I been Googling "Blade turns into a bat" since you made this post and now ads for blades sheathed in baseball bats are popping up on all my web pages.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 08:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

No... Cage doesn't have a battlefield-effective healing factor.

He's got the accelerated healing that most superheroes have (at least those whose powers focus on enhancing their physical attributes). Like Beast, Spider-Man and many others. It won't do him any good in a forum fight.

If anyone has a battlefield type of regen... it's Blade here. Even though it took many years for writers to decide to write him that way.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 08:17 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

No... Cage doesn't have a battlefield-effective healing factor.

He's got the accelerated healing that most superheroes have (at least those whose powers focus on enhancing their physical attributes). Like Beast, Spider-Man and many others. It won't do him any good in a forum fight.

If anyone has a battlefield type of regen... it's Blade here. Even though it took many years for writers to decide to write him that way.

Got it. Still though, Cage had a pretty impressive showing against Sabertooth a while back, and I'm pretty sure Victor is supposed to be stronger and faster than Eric (and possibly Cage at that point), and Victor's claws are also adamantium ...(not sure if this is a valued showing, or if it's considered on par with Storm/Sinister or Panther Surfer)...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The one consideration is Blade is much smarter than Sabertooth, and probably would not start out by getting so close

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 08:52 PM