KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel vs Capcom 3

Marvel vs Capcom 3
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I'm hoping Demitri is in the game so Dante can get Midnight Blissed.

* so we can see all male characters get Midnight Bliss'ed... stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:15 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Confirmed characters

Wolverine
Iron Man
Hulk
Ryu
Chris
Morrigan

Semi-confirmed

Deadpool
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Chun Li
Frank West
Dante
Felicia
Trish

Since the roster is gonna have less characters there should be as many unique characters as we can get. No characters that are similar to another. So

War Machine, Charlie, Bone Claw Wolverine - Pointless when we have Guile(If he's in), Iron Man, and regular Wolverine

Sabretooth - Too close to Wolverine

Ken/Akuma/Dan/Sakura - Unneeded. We have Ryu

Jill - We got Chris now. The only other RE I can see making it in now is Wesker. Because he could play way differently.

Plus no more than 4 X-men and Street Fighter characters. In MVC2 both sides had 28 characters with 18 of them being X-men and 12 of them being Street Fighter. I hope they don't go overboard with that this time.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:07 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Semi-confirmed is as close to confirmed as one can get. I'm pumped.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:39 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Oh I forgot to put Captain America on semi-confirmed.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:42 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by KCJ506
Confirmed characters

Wolverine
Iron Man
Hulk
Ryu
Chris
Morrigan

Semi-confirmed

Deadpool
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Chun Li
Frank West
Dante
Felicia
Trish

Since the roster is gonna have less characters there should be as many unique characters as we can get. No characters that are similar to another. So

War Machine, Charlie, Bone Claw Wolverine - Pointless when we have Guile(If he's in), Iron Man, and regular Wolverine

Sabretooth - Too close to Wolverine

Ken/Akuma/Dan/Sakura - Unneeded. We have Ryu

Jill - We got Chris now. The only other RE I can see making it in now is Wesker. Because he could play way differently.

Plus no more than 4 X-men and Street Fighter characters. In MVC2 both sides had 28 characters with 18 of them being X-men and 12 of them being Street Fighter. I hope they don't go overboard with that this time.

Sadly, they're gonna throw in Akuma. I just know he will.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 01:39 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

People have to realize 'why', there were so many Street Figher and X-Men characters. *Prepare for a MVC history lesson*

3/4ths of MVC2 cast were just sprites ripped from every other games. Nearly all the character came from older games.

-X-Men CotA, explains all the X-men

-XMvsSF, explains all the X-men and Street Fighters

-MSvsSF, explains all the Street Fighters

-MVC 2 has the WHOLE CAST of Children of The Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, XMvsSF, MSvsSF, and MVC1. The hidden characters were the only characters that didn't make the cut.

MvC2 is just a mash up of all the previous games. And it should be noted that those who were new to the series in that game, none of them were SFs and only 2 were X-Men. Wit that bein' said, I would be very angry if Akuma and Ken were not in this game. Sure they have the same fightin' style but everyone should know, Guile and Charlie play totaly different (Charlie is better X10). And Ryu, Akuma, and Ken play totaly different. I needs my 3 Shoto squad, even though Ken is leagues ahead.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Apr 24th, 2010 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 05:51 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

I'm sorry but I have to disagree there. If the roster was bigger then I would say bring them on, but this time, they should go back to the MvC 1 way where there was a very limited amount of X-Men & SF characters (there was only Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Wolverine, & Gambit). No more than Ryu, Chun-Li, & another SF character(one who's not even remotely similar to another). , & no more than Wolverine, Magneto, & another X-Men character or two & that's it. There are tons of other Marvel & Capcom characters outside of those two franchises (as well as Darkstalkers & Megaman) that are more deserving to be in this sequel.

In TVC there are only 3 SF characters (one was from SF3), so I don't even think we'll be seeing Ken or Akuma. From the characters we know of, and the way TVC's roster turned out, I can assume they're going for a much more diverse cast.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 07:27 PM
No End N Site

I'm sorry but I have to disagree there. If the roster was bigger then I would say bring them on, but this time, they should go back to the MvC 1 way where there was a very limited amount of X-Men & SF characters (there was only Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Wolverine, & Gambit).

Becuase that was a 1st attempt at a VS/Marvel game that didn't have X-Men or SF in the title.

No more than Ryu, Chun-Li, & another SF character(one who's not even remotely similar to another) & no more than Wolverine, Magneto, & another X-Men character or two & that's it.)

I disagree. I think they should focus on who people actually want in the game, so that everyone will buy it.

There are tons of other Marvel & Capcom characters outside of those two franchises (as well as Darkstalkers & Megaman) that are more deserving to be in this sequel.

There were a hefty amount of DS and Megaman characters in MVC2

In TVC there are only 3 SF characters (one was from SF3), so I don't even think we'll be seeing Ken or Akuma. From the characters we know of, and the way TVC's roster turned out, I can assume they're going for a much more diverse cast.

Yes, and TVC isn't as good or as well known as MVC2 at all. On the Capcom and SRK forums, there were tons of peeps who said they didn't buy that game simply cuz someone like Ken wasn't in it. "No Ken, no spend".

I just hope they don't axe loved and respected Capcom and Marvel veterans to put in someone like Pure & Fur and Ant Man.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 07:53 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

-Edit-

I'm all for a diverse cast, just make sure the new faces aint forgetteble And you take care of the fanbase 1st.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:11 PM
KCJ506

[QUOTE=12681276]Originally posted by No End N Site

quote:
I disagree. I think they should focus on who people actually want in the game, so that everyone will buy it.

There are other characters from other franchises a lot of people want. Thor is one of the most characters on people's wishlists. This is Marvel Vs. Capcom, not X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 2 with some new additions (which is what MvC 2 basically was)

quote:
There were a hefty amount of DS and Megaman characters in MVC2

Exactly my point. Morrigan and Felicia should be it for DS and Megaman and another character(preferably Zero) should be it.

quote:
Yes, and TVC isn't as good or as well known as MVC2 at all. On the Capcom and SRK forums, there were tons of peeps who said they didn't buy that game simply cuz someone like Ken wasn't in it. "No Ken, no spend".

This isn't specifically towards you, but that's a pretty lame reason not to buy a game just because a character you want didn't get in. No offense to those guys. There were quite of few characters I wanted in Super Smash Bros Brawl that didn't make the cut, but that didn't prevent me from buying it.

quote:
I just hope they don't axe loved and respected Capcom and Marvel veterans to put in someone like Pure & Fur and Ant Man. [/B]

This I do agree with. Plenty more deserving Marvel characters than Ant-Man and I never even heard of Pure & Fur.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:14 PM
No End N Site

There are other characters from other franchises a lot of people want. Thor is one of the most characters on people's wishlists. This is Marvel Vs. Capcom, not X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 2 with some new additions (which is what MvC 2 basically was

Okay, Thor is cool, but do you really think he is going to be added to the roster before mega stars like the X-Men?

Exactly my point. Morrigan and Felicia should be it for DS and Megaman and another character(preferably Zero) should be it.

I love me some DS, but I don't expect any of them to be thought about before the most popular SF characters.

This isn't specifically towards you, but that's a pretty lame reason not to buy a game just because a character you want didn't get in. No offense to those guys. There were quite of few characters I wanted in Super Smash Bros Brawl that didn't make the cut, but that didn't prevent me from buying it.

I get that, but it's also kinda lame to not put Ken in a game just cuz Ryu is already in. Especially since Ken is one of Capcom's most famous characters and he and Ryu don't play alike (especially in MVC). I can understand the WFTness in not addin' Ken but findin' the time to add someone like Frank West.

This I do agree with. Plenty more deserving Marvel characters than Ant-Man and I never even heard of Pure & Fur.

Pure and Fur come from a game called "Capcom World 2". They were assist characters in the 1st MVC.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:36 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Megaman had his chance. So did Volnutt. Now it's time for X to step in.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:47 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Again, a wierd ass choice of characters. Why would Volnutt be in a VS game before X?

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 08:56 PM
Sin_Volvagia

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2889094

Fantastic Four and Resident Evil monsters deconfirmed.

Originally posted by No End N Site
Again, a wierd ass choice of characters. Why would Volnutt be in a VS game before X?

Go ask Capcom that. I didn't put Volnutt in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:08 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm honestly sick of seeing the typical characters from each series..

what about friggin rikyuuoh, or bishamon.. that undead dude.. or hell.. John Talbain?.. Donovan?... COURSE NOT.. needs more morrigan! (/sarcasm)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:46 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2889094

Fantastic Four and Resident Evil monsters deconfirmed.

Guess that means the Super Skrull rumor is debunked.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Apr 25th, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:49 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Thank God, I can't stand the Fantastic Four. no expression

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:55 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Donovan or Demitri will be great additions in MvC3 but I don't want both of them in the game because I want other Capcom characters to fill the games cast. Morrigan is a female fighter from DS, now all they need is a male fighter. Ryu should be the only shoto fighter. MvC2 had Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, and Dan taking up space that could have easily been filled by other Capcom characters. I don't want Capcom's side to be covered with SF characters. On the Marvel side I hope Thor and Blade be added to the games cast.

Made by DW

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 01:15 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

The Fantastic Four not being in makes sense since Super Skrull has the powers of all four. It also saves up a few character slots. Hey maybe we'll get Silver Surfer.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 02:53 AM
Markness

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm honestly sick of seeing the typical characters from each series..

what about friggin rikyuuoh, or bishamon.. that undead dude.. or hell.. John Talbain?.. Donovan?... COURSE NOT.. needs more morrigan! (/sarcasm)

I'm with you, man. The SFers have had their time in the spotlight so let the Darkstalkers have their share. Talbain's style would have meshed perfectly the whole time (considering how fast paced MvC is) Bishamon would have made the perfect rival for Silver Samurai, and Lord Raptor's psycho attitude would make Venom look tame. Rikuo and Donovan would do good as well.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 03:28 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote