KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!

Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Let's say you'd be ok with it happening, would you like him to do an original movie, remake the prequel, or remake the entire saga?

Hmm... I dunno.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 06:36 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

That was so freakin insightful.

If I were ok with it, I would probably like a complete remake of the whole saga, just to see what he could do with it.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 02:00 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I guess he could remake the prequels, and then based on how he did, he could do the OT

Now, if there's ever a new trilogy, wonder what he could do with that

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 06:35 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

It sure surprises no one erm

Star Wars Blu-ray Breaks Global Sales Records
Surprising virtually no one, Star Wars is a hit.

quote:
Seems like the angry fans who protested the changes to the Star Wars trilogy by boycotting the Blu-ray release didn't have much of an effect on its sales. Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment wasted no time getting out a press release touting the fact that just one week after its release, Star Wars: The Complete Saga has quickly become the number-one pre-order and number-one Blu-ray catalog title of all time.

Worldwide sales have reached one million units, including 515,000 units sold in North America in its first week. That amounts to about $84 million in sales, including $38 million in North America alone.

"Once again our fan's enthusiasm to celebrate Stars Wars continues to amaze us," said Kayleen Walters, Senior Director, Marketing, Lucasfilm. "Our goal was to deliver a premium product that they could enjoy with their family and friends and we are thrilled that they are enjoying it as much as we hoped they would."

I'll be getting mine next month

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 04:13 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah, it broke records. Star Wars has a ton of fans. Many who don't mind the little changes.

I'm still holding out for an ORIGINAL trilogy for release. If it never happens, I'll just stick with the DVD versions that had the original cuts as special features.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:38 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We'll have to wait till Lucas dies for that... Who wants to do it? wink

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:03 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Zam, there can be no mistakes this time!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Okay, one thing that really bothers me about ROTJ (apart from the horrible NOOOOOO's) is that....

VADER'S LIGHTSABRE IS PINK IN A LOT OF SHOTS!!!!! OMG.. if you can make Ewoks blink, you could at least FIX WHAT'S REALLY WRONG IN THE TRANSFER TO VIDEO!!!! OMG.....

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 07:54 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

(please log in to view the image)

This pretty much sums up our issues with the set, compared to other problems in the world, doesn't it?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Just be thankful there's not a sub-forum on here for every release thats been altered or changed. laughing

I don't know... I've checked out the website link thats broken down all the changes and the only thing I agree with is making pictures or effects clearer or more detailed. The other stuff, the actual scene/dialogue or environment changes I'm not a fan of and I'm going to just avoid this one completely.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I enjoyed this set, although it does have it's faults as mentioned above. some things get fixed or retweaked but then they don't fully fix the light sabers, i'm really surprised they fixed the wampas arm but then still leave the face the same when it first attacks Luke (it has no horns and doesn't even look the same as the one in the cave, maybe it's the female?)

6 or 8 years from now he will release them again probably in 3D if that is still going (i hope not) with more tweaks, that is why i decided to get this one, just in case he decides to add some of the other deleted scenes like Luke and Biggs on Tatooine (which sucked) or the some of the other ones that were deleted for a reason cause they did suck.

The only ones i would like to see reincorporated would be the prob droid that quigon splits in half, Maul and quigon fight on the ship platform, the slightly extended fight of obiwan, quigon and Maul.
Anakin and padme on Naboo interacting with her family, (just one of the scenes), and one of the formation of the rebellion in EPIII

They should also redo the wampa face as i said above and redo the superstar destroyer hitting the 2nd death star to be more grand.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 04:17 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I enjoyed this set, although it does have it's faults as mentioned above. some things get fixed or retweaked but then they don't fully fix the light sabers, i'm really surprised they fixed the wampas arm but then still leave the face the same when it first attacks Luke (it has no horns and doesn't even look the same as the one in the cave, maybe it's the female?)

6 or 8 years from now he will release them again probably in 3D if that is still going (i hope not) with more tweaks, that is why i decided to get this one, just in case he decides to add some of the other deleted scenes like Luke and Biggs on Tatooine (which sucked) or the some of the other ones that were deleted for a reason cause they did suck.

The only ones i would like to see reincorporated would be the prob droid that quigon splits in half, Maul and quigon fight on the ship platform, the slightly extended fight of obiwan, quigon and Maul.
Anakin and padme on Naboo interacting with her family, (just one of the scenes), and one of the formation of the rebellion in EPIII

They should also redo the wampa face as i said above and redo the superstar destroyer hitting the 2nd death star to be more grand.

No more re-dos, though I agree AOTC could use those Padme-Anakin scenes, I don't think they should nor I want anymore tinkering

I'm all up for better cleaned up of existing scenes though, specially sabers

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 05:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

Especially sabres.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 05:45 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by S_D_J
No more re-dos, though I agree AOTC could use those Padme-Anakin scenes, I don't think they should nor I want anymore tinkering

I'm all up for better cleaned up of existing scenes though, specially sabers

By the time we get a copy of it with the sabers the way we want he will add something else that will suck, that is why i got this one.

We can always wait to see when he dies if anyone else will take over and release the non tinkered with movie.
Speilberg had said he regrets making the changes to ET so there may be hope for Lucas.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 09:24 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But Lucas doesn't regret making changes. In fact, he loves the technology that allows him to make all the changes he likes.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:49 AM
coolmovies

if you havent watched the extres yet then hear's a breakdown of what you get .

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-...y/14903/#Review

Old Post Oct 6th, 2011 08:37 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Any news on some spectacular easter eggs, except for Boba Fett from the Holiday Special?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2011 04:53 PM
coolmovies

no

Old Post Oct 6th, 2011 07:03 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm ... more boasting from Lucasfilm then...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2011 08:49 AM
steverules_2

steverules_2 is online now!

How do I find easter eggs and what are they?

...vader yells NOOOO in ROTJ...like he did in ROTS?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on Oct 13th, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 10:29 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote