KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!

Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
The cut away from his "NOOOOOO......" is a time cut, as we go to several other places and events going on (like Padme's funeral) before coming back to Palpatine & Vader on the Star Destroyer. We get the feeling time has passed, and Anakin/Vader has had time adjusting to his new role. (Because he's not sulking in the back of the ship, refusing to come out...)

But apparently, filmmaking craft can be too subtle for some people. While Lucas assumes the audience is paying attention and has gotten the idea, others apparently need a title card to appear on the bottom of the screen detailing HOW MUCH TIME HAS PASSED. Thankfully, those people are few in number. stick out tongue

The other events of hunting down further Jedi are something Lucas wanted to deal with in a different way, with the EU and the forthcoming live action series. He wanted it to end with Luke & Leia been given away to be raised separately; that is the appropriate ending.

And we always knew Anakin/Vader was a killer - children & otherwise - from ANH onward. We just didn't see it up close until ROTS. It's not unexpected.

It has nothing to do with subtleties, because SW is far from subtle ("IF you're not with me, you are my enemy..."). And I know tehre are time cuts. The point is: Anakin's charactersation sucks. We never see a hero we can cheer for and we never see the bad-ass... All we get is a sulking kid killer... LAME.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 01:28 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by queeq
It has nothing to do with subtleties, because SW is far from subtle ("IF you're not with me, you are my enemy..."). And I know tehre are time cuts. The point is: Anakin's charactersation sucks. We never see a hero we can cheer for and we never see the bad-ass... All we get is a sulking kid killer... LAME.

You didn't cheer for him in TPM? Or any of the adventures we see in the EU?
Cheering him in any case is more challenging than other characters, because we know what happens to him before long, while the other characters don't.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:35 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

George Lucas has revealed that The Star Wars saga will be coming to Blu-Ray in Fall 2011.

"The set will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films, with the highest picture and audio quality, along with extensive special features".

Star Wars fans at the event even got a taster of the bonus material, in the form of a long-lost deleted scene from Return of the Jedi. The sequence (which is currently up on Youtube - though don't expect that to last long) shows Darth Vader trying to communicate with Luke Skywalker via the force and a very dark side looking Luke putting the final touches to his new lightsaber prior to sending the droids into Jabba's palace. All very exciting.

Star Wars.com has a few more details about the scene and we'll give you more details about the Blu-ray releases as and when we we get them. Stay tuned.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 09:37 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 09:39 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

This set will have the The 2004 versions and not the OOT. It will have stuff you never seen before.

I am expecting more deleted scene's for the OT

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 10:23 AM
coolmovies

A fans view for the BLU RAY SET

"No Originals then NO SALE! Lucas has ****ed my generation for the last time! I will not buy his lousy piece of shit films after this injustice to FILM HISTORY! I for one dont give a damn if you like his CURRENT vision of the films ( they change by the minute with him). Gary Kurtz was the greatness behind the first two films anyway not Lucas and if you so called fans knew just exactly how much Kurtz saved his ass from the friar you would flip! Lucas did nothing on TESB it was all Kurtz! To not include what was released in the theaters in those respective years is simply a crime!"

from blu ray.com

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 12:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, I agree with that. But I will buy it anyway...

The deleted scene looks interesting. I wonder where it cuts in? Would that be before the droids go to Jabba's palace? It seems to be on Tatooine... Storywise it would be a strange place to have this scene, the lines are not very original (all ESB), but the shot in the cave is outstanding.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 06:50 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

You are right its before he goes to jabba's palace

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 10:27 AM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I was actually lucky enough to be at Celebration V this weekend since it was in Orlando (about an hour away from where I live), and the crowd went NUTS when they showed it. It was awesome. Lucas said that they blu rays were in fact coming out next year, but didn't give a specific time frame, i.e. summer or fall. Overall, that was an amazing experience and I can't wait for the Blu Rays to come out. Even if he does change them around alot, I still have to get them. Even just the HD versions on SpikeTV look awesome... I can only imagine the Blu Rays.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Wow...Subjekt! How's it going bud? smile I haven't seen you here in ages.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Celebration drove him back into the arms of SW.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 07:18 AM
coolmovies

I wonder if this set will ever be better then the upcomming Alien Anthology?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 10:52 AM
queeq
Chaos

Which is basically the same as the one before on DVD.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 05:19 PM
coolmovies

I want to see this in the box set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVpksSfUvs

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 08:07 PM
darthmaul1

They had better check and redo or fix any effects (example if you can now see the wires on the models because of the enhanced picture)
I wonder if we will get digital yoda in episode I? the did it for the star wars concert.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 10:19 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We'll have to wait and see...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 08:54 AM
mossman

Well, the digital Yoda replacement for TPM was completed ages ago - the FX team worked on it as a "warm-up" for Revenge of the Sith - if you remember back, a short clip of the scene was even included on the Episode III bonus disc.
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed the scene would be added to any future release of the movie, which I'm sure includes this year's Blu-Ray box set and next year's 3D theatrical release...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 11:27 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

f...UK STAR WARS AND F..K LUCAS ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY mad

Last edited by coolmovies on Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 12:48 PM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

ummmmm if you made a series of films and you got no money how would you feel?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 01:56 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by InfernoJG95
ummmmm if you made a series of films and you got no money how would you feel?

Exaclty, People have to remember a few things.
1. people are in business to MAKE money, so if they have an idea to make more then go for it.
2. No one is forcing anyone to go see the release in the theater or buy the blurays.
3. there are always NEW people (children) that have not seen STAR WARS or may not yet own them at all or at least never seen them in the theaters. So they have the option to buy them now or see them in the theater.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 05:16 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote