KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Well I should have said the initial impact of Dart's blow made it slide back maybe 20 feet, but yeah Dart got the last blow in.

Well, Dart caused those injuries if that is the case, so technically, he still sent the Virage staggering backwards, there was just a little prep, is all.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 02:55 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Just posting the ending. My favorite RPG ending ever, great music and just the right mix of happiness and mourning.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 09:46 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Melbu Frahma was awesome though.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 11:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime
Thinking About You

It's too bad his boss music sucked so bad.

I'm always watching.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 01:35 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

A Dart strength/striking feat.

10:10-10:24. Dart hammers Lloyd with a right hand that knocks him down and hurts him a little bit.(Lloyd touched his jaw after the blow) This is a big deal. Why? Because about an hour or so earlier in a prior section we see Lloyd no sell some fireball volleys from another wingly:

00:01-1:42. A single fireball blast was shown to blow away 3 knights at the same time, but to Lloyd they were little more than a breeze against his face, even talking and walking closer while being blasted. The self-destruct at the end hurt him quite a bit though.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 02:47 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I hated that darned Dragon Block staff (aka Grand Jewel) when I was a kid.

Last edited by LLLLLink on Apr 27th, 2010 at 02:56 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 02:54 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

An example of Dragoon flight speed and nimbleness. Rose(Black Monster) obliterates a village and then quickly takes off, looks like she's flying to the moon??

Ending FMV. Full of feats.

-1:39-2:00. Dart tanks a massive beam from Melbu Frahma, whose arm explodes, at least partly due to Dart's resistance to the blast.

-2:24-2:43. General dragoon durability feat. Rose and Dart's father Zieg charge at Melbu Frahma and stab him with the Dragon Buster sword. A blue charged explosion occurs and they are dead center in it. At 3:53 we see that Zieg and Rose are still in-tact, although Zieg seems to have fainted due to his prior weakened condition.

-2:43-3:00. The resulting energy from the explosion from above sends out enough energy through the pores of the moon to easily fry the virages flying outside. Keep in mind Dart and crew are still in the center of the moon at this point.

-3:00-3:11. Durability and flight speed. Dart and crew easily outrun a massive explosion inside the moon after they were already in the very center of said explosion!

-3:21-3:41. Dart fires off his divine dragon cannon within a 2 second charge up and it causes a huge explosion which he and the crew subsequently fly right through.

-4:01-end. Dart and crew easily fly a safe distance away from ground zero of the moon exploding into a massive mushroom cloud.

More for later.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 08:31 PM
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by LLLLLink
It's the best PS1 RPG, imo.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 11:21 AM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Anybody care to explain what Lloyd did at 0:28? Did he just stop time, and teleport or something? O_O

We've got Lloyd @ 2:30 blowing away a bandit without moving. TK or super-speed?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:38 PM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

I would say both are due to Lloyd's speed personally, especially the second one, notice that he got his sword out.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 10:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by NemeBro
I would say both are due to Lloyd's speed personally, especially the second one, notice that he got his sword out.

Lol, I knew you would be the first to respond. So, you think he was just booking faster than the eye can see? Sounds good to me.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 12:48 AM
CosmicComet

An early durability feat:

10:34-11:14.
The team when they go inside the volcano on disc one meet a boss they will later face, the Fire Bird. Notice that before it appears, it shows the power to shake the whole volcano. Lavitz wonders if an eruption is taking place. The bird also emanates a lot of heat, the screen was getting redder and redder as it was getting closer to the team and it was still very far away.

4:24. After the party beat the fire bird while fighting on a narrow ledge, Dart acknowledges the difficulty of the fight noting how hot it was.

Moving on:

4:45-5:15.
When Dart delivers the death blow to the Divine Dragon, the falling of its head/neck back down to the ground creates a massive upheaval. Seriously, how much of its physical power could it have even put into that being that it was DYING? It was mostly a matter of weight/density, but imagine if it was alive and putting force into it, awesome. The fact that Dart & Co managed to beat a creature that strong, heavy and dense is an excellent feat.

Just a note, Lloyd claims to have weakened the creature before hand with the Dragon Buster in a prolonged fight, but the characteristics of the Divine Dragon I mention remain the same, it may have just been even more awesome before that.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 06:09 AM
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Anybody care to explain what Lloyd did at 0:28? Did he just stop time, and teleport or something? O_O

The second video is indeed Lloyd's speed.
As for the first one, I think they wanted the players to know that Lloyd was there first, you know, before Dart and the others arrive to the city, like... A a symbolic way: "Lloyd was here". If I am not mistaken, there are more similar scenes, or maybe I'm confused with another game... confused

Old Post May 1st, 2010 02:32 PM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Lol, I knew you would be the first to respond. So, you think he was just booking faster than the eye can see? Sounds good to me.
More like so fast time has appeared to stop, faster than the eye can see is well within his capabilities as we have already seen.

Also, CosmicComet, the Divine Dragon feat is kinda stuff. Lloyd did not just weaken it, he goes as far as to proclaim it "almost dead."

Old Post May 1st, 2010 09:18 PM
CosmicComet

^I know, though I don't buy the 'nearly dead' because of how active it was in the fmv cutscene right before the fight. Regardless like I said, if it was really that weakened(near dead or otherwise), that means it was even stronger at full power, than what the party had to fight.

That video is as much (if not more) a Divine Dragon feat than a party feat because of the situation.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 1st, 2010 at 09:31 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2010 09:27 PM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

True.

It has taken far too long for this to be posted.

Shows several feats from the old Dragoons. The Dragoon who Haschel replaced (Forgot name and cannot understand what the chick said it is) with a suicide attack created a huge explosion, which destroyed what I believe was a Super Virage. A dragon was shown biting a Virage in half, then attacking one with a huge beam of energy. Zieg's assault on Melbu Frahma ends up destroying the entire structure they were in. Belzak supports what appears to be a gigantic section of the complex from crushing them. Also, some of Melbu Frahma, even in death he was able to completely curse Zieg and seal him in stone for a millenia.

Also, funny voice acting.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 09:46 PM
CosmicComet

lol i loved the voice acting. i think the girl said 'Kansas!' in a very ****ed up way.

good vid though.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 09:59 PM
CosmicComet

I only learned today that this awesome song used for motivational scenes, is Dart's own theme.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 02:13 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

God, I love this game so much. Also. in the fight with the Divine Dragon, Lloyd is tanking his explosions, it seems.

Also, Dragoons seem to have levitation, surpassing true flight. Notice how they can hover, fly backwards, etc without moving their wings.

Last edited by LLLLLink on May 2nd, 2010 at 04:36 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 04:31 AM
CosmicComet

^True on the levitation. The wings almost seem more symbolic then functional. Or maybe they can move faster if they flap their wings in tandem with their levitation.

I still have more to post later, this game is surprisingly chock full of stuff. It's fun looking through it again.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 04:42 AM