KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Absolutely nothing I've posted is unimpressive.

If you think so, you are either have far too high an expectation for RPGs or, again, you are blindsided by the dated representation of the graphics and don't know how to look past it.

Reminds me of guys thinking Samurai Jack isn't as fast as some Bleach characters; seems to be only because of the animation, I can't think of any other reason. Because looking at feats alone, he makes some of those Bleach guys look like fools.

And you can say they didn't fight anything unimpressive till disk 3, but again that's just your own misconception based on the presentation of the enemies. I am highlighting the capabilities of the bosses and when ignoring the presentation and highlighting the actual feats they have, you realize that these early bosses that are presented as relatively minor challenges are actually VERY strong. Such as the dragon Feyrbrand being able to make the side of a mountain shake with head butts, or the Firebird being able to make an entire volcano shake with its power.

And no, how is an unavoidable scripted event such as in Lloyd vs Dart become debatable as canon? It's unavoidable. It happens every time you play it. And its a cutscene. Not debatable.

I'm doing this for my own purpose. I want LoD to be a respectable game verse. Thus I am posting the feats. And since this thread has taken off, we've had a handful of threads with LoD characters against some good opposition where the LoD guys were determined to have the advantage. I.E. This thread is doing well.

edit: Oh just great. This shitty debate has buried a previous page. Ignore the bullshit guys, just take in the feats.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 13th, 2010 at 03:09 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 03:06 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Feyrbrand is one of the exceptions I have to unimpressive bosses up until disk 3. Disk 2 had some notable bosses, as well as disk one. My point is, is that the most impressive feats occurred at, and after disk 3.
Also, the Lloyd, Dart fight is debatable. Obviously it has to happen, just like any other boss fight in the game. However, when you noted that Dart took a hit from Lloyd, it's debatable considering the other attacks that Dart and company take. For example, magic items dont count as canon, and neither do minor enemies that you face, yet they're still in gameplay mechanics. Also, the fight is also debatable because it's a fight/cutscene. It is a battle between Llyod and Dart, seeing as how you're using actual gameplay mechanics (IE attack, block, items). However, the finishing move and transportation and Lloyd's speed is what I consider canon as well as the fact that Dart isn't capable of hitting him at the time. Not the damage dealt from his other attacks.
So yes, it is canon, but not everything about that fight is canon, I agree. That's why I see it as debatable. That's my perspective though, and it is a valid one.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 03:30 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Maybe I should get this game to see what all the fuss is about. no expression

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:06 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

-Feyrbrand is hardly an 'exception'. There would have to be next to no bosses with feats on Disc 1 for him to be an 'exception', rather there is a sizable amount.

-There is absolutely nothing debatable about it and your perspective is not valid nor supportable in any fashion I'm afraid. For it to be debatable there would have to be some angle to make it debatable. There isn't one, simply saying 'debatable' doesn't make it so. The only thing you've mustered to say that it 'happens in battle'. Which is of course a merit-less point in and of itself--what would it being in battle have to do with contradicting canonity when the battle taking place is canon and it is an unavoidable ending sequence to said canon battle? Obviously, it doesn't. It is even immediately preceded by cutscene dialogue from Lloyd saying 'Its time', and then ends in unique animations that separates it from gameplay battle entirely, as we see Lloyd flaunting as he walks away and Dart clutching his midsection momentarily. So no, it doesn't even take place 'in battle'. It takes place at the END of a battle.

-The feat itself, taking a slash from a superhuman being of Lloyd's level is not contradicted by anything else he's taken either in the time frame of disk 1. So no, you have no point here.

Kindly go away unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. i.e. Respect Threading LoD. The ultimate irony here is a thread starter destroying his own thread. You have added nothing of value here thus far and I don't like that I have to waste time responding to this drivel and subsequently burying a couple of recent vids from the previous page. Further posts of this ilk will be ignored completely.

Like I said guys, ignore the pointless drivel being exchanged here. Enjoy the feats.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 13th, 2010 at 04:30 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:27 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

You basically just proved my point for both Feyrbrand and Lloyd.
Of course Lloyd's finishing move is canon. I stated that. I also said that his speed was canon. Also, I put Feyrbrand as an exception to disk 1 having hardly any notable feats since they killed a dragon. The battle sequence obviously isn't cannon, but the fact that they kill Feyrbrand and Greham is pretty notable.
Also, I forgot to add the fact that Dart said that his abilities were superhuman. That was neglected on my part.
I was saying the actual damage from his moves however was not canon.
You obviously must have misunderstood what I meant.

I'm not destroying my thread. I'm just not being a fanboy and using opinions on why a lot of the things you posting can't be counted as feats since a lot of what I was at least was battle sequence.

Old Post May 14th, 2010 09:43 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Moving on from the discussion with the user above who has issues with assessing basic matters of canonicity, another video:

At 16:30 they are about to go into the Valley of Corrupted Gravity. After they enter and Meru gets spooked, Rose says the entire valley's distortion is 'backwash' from the collision of wingly and dragoon power in the dragon campaign. (Which was 11,000 years ago.)

Turns out later at 32:10-32:54, the reason for the distortion of the valley is possibly even more simple than that; a complete form Virage left over from the dragon campaign--which Dart notes.

Old Post May 15th, 2010 01:32 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Gah! I was going to post that about the gravity! Although, at the Virage fight, Rose(?) comments that it may be the power of the dormant Virage alone. O_O

Old Post May 16th, 2010 05:08 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Ok, feat time.

@3:48 We see the Dragoon spirit instantly activating to danger and erecting a giant flame barrier which make the wingly poo himself. Try to shoot a Dragoon with a beam while his defenses are down? Hell no, you wont!

@ 1:40 - 4:00 More Lloyd bad-assery. A blast that destroyed the Mille Sesaue Knight Captain and two knights in one shot wasn't even a breeze on Lloyd's face. Although, it seems that self-destructs are as OP as ever.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 11:37 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^Thank you for posting the first one! Great reaction feat for Dart.

As for the second one, I posted it already. stick out tongue

Old Post May 21st, 2010 11:44 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
^Thank you for posting the first one! Great reaction feat for Dart.

As for the second one, I posted it already. stick out tongue

Shoot! There is one more small one for Lloyd, however.

@ 4:40 - 6:06 We see Lloyd use teleportation, instant pwnage barrier and mind reading. Awesome.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 11:55 PM
CosmicComet

Lloyd is quite the bad ass.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 12:00 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Yeah, Lloyd is a raper. I just beat him, by the way.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 09:02 PM
CosmicComet

I'll link to the videos later, but the Winglies have demonstrated great magical power.

A female Wingly named Lenus, was able to trap Princess Emille (I think that was her name) in a pocket dimension using her powers.

Winglies have also been stated to have the power to levitate cities. This was demonstrated in Rose's flashback.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 11:31 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'll link to the videos later, but the Winglies have demonstrated great magical power.

A female Wingly named Lenus, was able to trap Princess Emille (I think that was her name) in a pocket dimension using her powers.

Winglies have also been stated to have the power to levitate cities. This was demonstrated in Rose's flashback.

Oh yeah... That pocket Dimension was cool. You also learn a bit about how Dragoons work in that bit.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 11:35 PM
CosmicComet

Finally been able to get back to playing it again.

28:31-28:53 Good durability feat for Dart and Rose. After beating the Divine Dragon they come upon Lloyd again who shoots a fireball at Dart and Rose. They fall off the edge of a cliff and the sounds make it seem like they even tumble down some before hitting flat ground. Dart gets up immediately, Rose is out of it but otherwise ok.

Can't say for sure how far the fall was, but when Meru finally flies down to them at 33:05, she makes it sound like it took awhile to find them. So they fell pretty far obviously.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 04:16 AM
CosmicComet

Dart and Co fight a powerful Demon named Zackwell who resurrected Lavitz momentarily and was using his body as a host.

3:28-3:59 Zackwell's true form appears out of Lavitz's body and introduces himself.

5:55-5:59 Dart defeats Zackwell's physical manifestation.

6:00-6:23 Zackwell once again takes up residence in Lavitz's body and attacks Dart relentlessly after jumping up 30+ feet. Dart deftly dodges a couple of slashes and several thrusts.

The rest of the video is one of the coolest and most touching cutscenes of the game.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 03:37 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Dude, Zeig is a freakin beast. no expression He owned LLoyd and Rose effortlessly.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 09:22 PM
CosmicComet

He owned Dart twice around midway through in the 4th disc.

-He knocked back Dart who charged at him, with a mere backhand. Dart was more hurt by this backhand than he was from a punch from Kongol himself.

-Then in a later cutscene Dart charged at him in Dragoon form. Zieg pushed him back with a forced field and that alone managed to knock Dart out of his Dragoon form.

And this is again, Dart early on in the 4th disc. Who is WAY more powerful than he was in the Strongest Hero tournament from the 1st disc.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 09:34 PM
CosmicComet

5L, we have confirmation that Rose/Black Monster did indeed fly to the moon in that one cutscene.

When you finally get inside the moon that never sets, Dart asks if this is really the moon, Rose says yes, and that its 'been a long time'. Meaning she's been there before.

Also one of Kongol's dragoon moves involves him flying up out of the atmosphere to punch a meteor:

1:26-1:55

So yeah Dragoons can fly well past escape velocity, which is Mach 34.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 06:41 PM
CosmicComet

Probably my last video, as I've finished the game again just yesterday.

Dart redeems himself somewhat for his earlier showings against the possessed Zieg:

9:09 - 9:15 Dart and possessed Zieg in dragoon form charge at each other and clash swords. Impact pushed Dart back quite a bit but it pushes Zieg back a little too. Damn good showing when you take into context how big a boost dragoon form gives to strength, speed etc. and how strong/fast possessed Zieg was even outside of dragoon form.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:01 AM