KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class movie

X-Men: First Class movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

X-Men: First Class movie

Its got a date and now a director....Matthew Vaughn will be the director

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65738

Old Post May 5th, 2010 05:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm much more excited for this now; Vaughn is certainly a capable director. Still, I'll hold back most excitement until I see a trailer or something, or at least hear casting/a more detailed plot synopsis.

Still, this will undoubtedly be better than shit like X3 and Wolverine, etc.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 5th, 2010 09:39 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* okay, if this really is X-men First Class, I'm hoping there would be no James Howlett involved… not that I hate the guy, but he already had several movies as lead role, and that has to stop… he can make cameo, sure, but lead role? please, no…

* I'm also hoping that the title lives up its name - when and how the X-men really began… I'm also looking forward that this movie will not have a dark, morbid feeling like it was in the first three movies (same as Daredevil movie)… just look at the Spider-man & Fantastic Four movies, it has somewhat lighter and more lively ambiance as a movie, and it proved to be more successful (I think)…

* I'm also looking forward for more Cyclops, I believe he is both the field leader and secret weapon (his optic blasts) of the team fresh from the very start, the team relied to his awesome power to finish the opponent so everybody is happy at the end of the day…

* and please, no more Scott-Jean mushy scenes, I mean, they can just make a slight implication towards the love team but the movie being First Class, constructing a love team is much too soon… anyway, just my two cents… smile

Old Post May 5th, 2010 11:06 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejayd
[B
* and please, no more Scott-Jean mushy scenes, I mean, they can just make a slight implication towards the love team but the movie being First Class, constructing a love team is much too soon… anyway, just my two cents… smile [/B]

I agree

got enought of that with the X-men 90's cartoon.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 06:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Anyone want to take bets on Matthew Vaughn getting fidgety, and once again exiting a Marvel project (just like he did with X3 & Thor)?
He does get cold feet when it's a huge project...

Until I hear casting, and that cameras are actually rolling... wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 6th, 2010 07:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Goldman Also Working on the X-Men: First Class Script

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...st-class-script

she co-wrote the scripts for Stardust and Kick-Ass with Vaughn. She also co-produced the latter.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 06:33 AM
colossulrage

Its gonna suk marvel has F'd up the x-men movie franchise! they just need to START OVER!

Last edited by colossulrage on May 13th, 2010 at 02:13 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:10 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I want some Colossus....I know he's not on the original team, they just severely downplay what a good character he is.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 07:05 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by colossulrage
Its gonna suk marvel has F'd up the x-men movie franchise! they just need to START OVER!

More like Fox Studio's and the people they get to do the scripts...

Old Post May 13th, 2010 07:40 AM
colossulrage

Originally posted by KingD19
I want some Colossus....I know he's not on the original team, they just severely downplay what a good character he is.
To true man we need to see BIG C do something besides throw wolverine

Old Post May 14th, 2010 02:23 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Originally posted by Kazenji
More like Fox Studio's and the people they get to do the scripts...
Ya my bad fox did not marvel studios.....yet

Old Post May 14th, 2010 02:24 AM
Flameback
Pathology

Originally posted by colossulrage
To true man we need to see BIG C do something besides throw wolverine

You should be thankful for the privilege Colossus has of throwing Wolverine. Just goes to show once again that without Wolverine nobody would even know who Colossus is...but that rings true for everyone in the Marvel universe for the past several years, right!? If Wolverine isn't in your story then the story isn't truly Marvel material... laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Last edited by Flameback on May 14th, 2010 at 06:50 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2010 06:41 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

James McAvoy Cast as Professor Xavier

Old Post May 28th, 2010 06:57 AM
colossulrage

so is it just a origin story of prof and mags? or what??

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:12 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well its Based on the comic of the same name

go look it up.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:34 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Benjamin Walker to Play Beast in X-Men: First Class?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 07:45 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Benjamin Walker to Play Beast in X-Men: First Class?

Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...men-first-class

And also Michael Fassbender for the role of Erik Lensherr

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...and-spider-man-

And...Rosamund Pike has been cast as Emma Frost!

This is all going to fit into the continuity of the previous four films, which includes Emma getting rescued alongside a teenage Scott Summers from Stryker's base?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2010 05:01 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

I really like all the casting chosen so far if it stays that way - especially Emma Frost.

If she's cast and she escaped from weapon x with Scott Summers, she'll be part of the original team of X men?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2010 11:36 AM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt

If she's cast and she escaped from weapon x with Scott Summers, she'll be part of the original team of X men?

Yeah thats gonna be weird

but then again Fox is involved they don't stick to the source.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2010 02:26 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
I really like all the casting chosen so far if it stays that way - especially Emma Frost.

It can still be part of continuity, if she starts at Xavier's academy, then goes out on her own later, before X-Men 1. The same thing happened with Beast; he wasn't there when Wolverine showed up, probably living the life as a mutant activist.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2010 04:24 PM