KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class movie

X-Men: First Class movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The one area where I thought the movie ****ed up, and not even in a movie-related sense but in a financial sense, was a lack of recognizable characters. Specifically, Azazel, Angel Salvadore, and Darwin. Even Riptide was pushing it a little but at least he's been in the comics forever. Most people know the X-Men either from the cartoons, the original movies, the video games, or the comics from the late 70's through the 90's. These are all new, obscure characters. Azazel has been in something like, 14 issues. There were many other characters they could have used that would be more recognizable, hence the movie doing better at the box office (again, this is all financial/marketing criticism, the movie was awesome). Dazzler and Sunfire or Thunderbird could have filled the Angel and Darwin roles and Azazel could've been replaced with Avalanche, Blockbuster, Locus, Astra, Harpoon, etc.
I lol'd.

Or was this not intentional?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 03:52 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
but Azazel just seemed like a red bastard version of Nightcrawler if you ask me.

Well he is Nightcrawlers father after all cept for the being a bastard part for Night.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 03:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I didn't say Nightcrawler was a bastard. Said Azazel was in that movie.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 05:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah and i was just pointing out he is after all Nightcrawlers father.....

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 06:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I know he was. Thanks for the trivia anyway though. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 06:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just checked out a interview with the scriptwriters

saying Moira McTaggert had a bigger role and had alot more romance with Xavier.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 09:02 AM
Godzilla Rulz

I thought this movie was great. When I saw the previews I thought it would be crap, but it really was excellent. Best movie I've seen this summer.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 02:28 AM
Godzilla Rulz is currently offline Click here to Send Godzilla Rulz a Private Message Find more posts by Godzilla Rulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dukeunique

its really awesome movie i really like X - Men First Class moviesmile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:37 AM
dukeunique is currently offline Click here to Send dukeunique a Private Message Find more posts by dukeunique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oslaught1262

this is my favorite Xmen movie, I loved Magneto and Xavier together

i miss Professor X being an important characters in the comics

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 08:13 AM
Oslaught1262 is currently offline Click here to Send Oslaught1262 a Private Message Find more posts by Oslaught1262 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

this movie was the best of the x-movies! i could pick through this one and mention things that are different from the books but i dont want to......

maybe it was because magneto was so awesome or because i loved his helmet. all i know is Havok&Banshee were the only true disappointments to me.....Banshee wasn't Scottish and i wanted to see full on havok fist blasts....

also i have one question.....why was "Darwin" not called evolving man?

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 12:54 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Did any one grab the blu ray yet? It was great but there was one thing wrong with it. Initially I thought it was my tv but when I looked at the download one it was still there. When magneto was in Argentina in the bar where he kills those 3 guys the sun is setting and it creates a couple of times where u can see a big purple line across the whole scene. It's quite bad.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 03:56 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Did any one grab the blu ray yet? It was great but there was one thing wrong with it. Initially I thought it was my tv but when I looked at the download one it was still there. When magneto was in Argentina in the bar where he kills those 3 guys the sun is setting and it creates a couple of times where u can see a big purple line across the whole scene. It's quite bad.

I haven't seen that on my blu-ray copy. But there is a shot when Xavier and Alex are walking through the bomb shelter turned practice range at the mansion, and some strange lens flare creates these small, vertical blue lines that hang in the air as the camera dollies back - but they are gone by the time they cut to the next shot. Otherwise, everything looks great.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 04:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
this movie was the best of the x-movies! i could pick through this one and mention things that are different from the books but i dont want to......

maybe it was because magneto was so awesome or because i loved his helmet. all i know is Havok&Banshee were the only true disappointments to me.....Banshee wasn't Scottish and i wanted to see full on havok fist blasts....

also i have one question.....why was "Darwin" not called evolving man?

Banshee is Irish, not Scottish. The kid looks like he's at least of Irish descent ( they have glossed over several international origins in the X-Men films, but I'm just glad they kept Wolverine Canadian and Nightcrawler German - Colossus could still have been Russian but he had very few lines.)

Give Havok another film to perfect a fist blast; it took almost all this film to learn how to fire with some direction just from his chest plate.

And why wasn't Darwin called Evolving Man?
- Because this wasn't a DC film about the Legion Of Super Heroes. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 04:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by roughrider
Give Havok another film to perfect a fist blast; it took almost all this film to learn how to fire with some direction just from his chest plate.

No, bring back Cyclops.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 05:16 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No, bring back Cyclops.

If they keep to the plan of making a full prequel trilogy, I bet he and Jean will be recruited as teenagers by the third one.
And we'll see how he and Alex are related in the film universe. Bryan Singer has said they are connected, but likely not as brothers.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 06:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, I see. In that case, fair enough.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 08:34 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by roughrider
I haven't seen that on my blu-ray copy. But there is a shot when Xavier and Alex are walking through the bomb shelter turned practice range at the mansion, and some strange lens flare creates these small, vertical blue lines that hang in the air as the camera dollies back - but they are gone by the time they cut to the next shot. Otherwise, everything looks great.

It's even on my digital copy on my iphone that i downloaded (using the disc, the actual file was not on the disc), and its also on the DVD that came with the bluray

Old Post Oct 4th, 2011 06:08 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

When Xavier first uses the Cerebro we see a lot of mutants including Storm and probably Jean Grey. Who are the others, does anyone know? Is that kid reading a comic Fred Dukes aka Blob?

I have a feeling "the man in black" is more than he appears and will return, Azazel dropping him from high up might not have killed him. Could he be Sinister or Apocalypse in disguise?

Last edited by Mshinu on Oct 31st, 2011 at 09:24 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 09:19 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm, I wish.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 01:50 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 08:22 AM