KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class movie

X-Men: First Class movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Can't be any worse than X-Men Origins Wolverine.

The only reason i watch this movie cause Liev Schreiber is sexy in it embarrasment

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 02:38 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

i just read on ign that cyclops is not going to be in the movie. seriously, WTF. why the hell does every other form of media hate him so much? in the comics he is suddenly more popular than ever, and then they do this. seriously, wtf. it also seems that cyclops won't be in marvel vs capcom 3, and it appears that MARVEL is the reason why. they apparantly didn't want him in it. this is just something i read on gamefaqs, so it might not be right, but people seemed pretty sure about it. so if that is true it sucks. poor cyclops.

Last edited by emporerpants on Aug 21st, 2010 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 01:26 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Cyclops shouldn't be in this movie anyway, didn't make sense for him to be in the first one. If their trying to do any sort of continuity, when Logan meets Cyclops at the Academy that's like his first time meeting them.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 01:49 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by emporerpants
i just read on ign that cyclops is not going to be in the movie. seriously, WTF. why the hell does every other form of media hate him so much? in the comics he is suddenly more popular than ever, and then they do this. seriously, wtf. it also seems that cyclops won't be in marvel vs capcom 3, and it appears that MARVEL is the reason why. they apparantly didn't want him in it. this is just something i read on gamefaqs, so it might not be right, but people seemed pretty sure about it. so if that is true it sucks. poor cyclops.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is one thing, but the leader of the X-Men not being in a film such as this is certainly crossing the line. My interest in this movie just went down tenfold.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 02:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The first X-Man isn't in x-men first class. Colour me f*cking surprised.

Bryan Singer screws over Cyclops yet again...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well besides the cyclops news

heres some more details

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68954

Its Said to take place in the 1960's from that news.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

I was excited for this movie until i found out that cyke wasn't going to be in it. now i'm not going to see this movie. seriously, what the hell is wrong with singer? why does he hate cyke so much? when i first heard of this movie, and the fact that wolvie wasn't going to be in it, i was like "yes, finally cyke has a chance to shine." now they'll be lucky if i rent it. even if this is a good movie there is no way i'm going to see it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:45 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It'll probably just be something I'll watch when I'm bored when it's shown on TV long after release (like I did X-Men Origins Wolverine and other horrible adaptations) so I won't get that inevitable feeling of disappointment after watching it at a theater which I paid to see (not even gonna bother with watching it online or any of that crap).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 05:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Emma Frost will appear as the Hellfire Club's White Queen as well. WTF? She was like 20ish in Wolverine. I guess this is not canon or Wolverine is not to X-Men movies?

This movie will suck so bad. His Valkyrie was meh.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 02:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well besides the cyclops news

heres some more details

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68954

Its Said to take place in the 1960's from that news.

Same article with more detail.

Now I don't really get what's going on. OK, it starts in the 1960's when Xavier & Magneto were still young men starting the school; if they want to keep continuity with the other X-films, then I guess Cyclops & Jean aren't in it, if we saw they were kids in the 1980's before this.
But what about Emma Frost? Are they now saying her cameo in Wolverine wasn't her?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 03:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

seems like thats what they are doing. or maybe they just won't mention that at all and hope that we all forget that emma was in wolverine. either way, its stupid.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 04:00 PM
Squirrel Fart

The X-Men movies are so messed up from the comics.

So, Bacon 52 year old is supposed to be playing Shaw. What they are they going to use CGI and make him look young again? or hes very old and Charles and Erik are in their 20s. In the comics they are all about the same age.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 12:43 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by Kazenji
Most of those movies you mentioned were'nt done at Marvel Studio's they were done at Fox, Sony and Lionsgate only movie/s that that been done at Marvel Studio's is Both Iron man movies and the upcoming Thor movie.
well replace Marvel Studios with the production teams and my statement remains the same.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 06:56 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i honestly don't think they're sticking to any sort of set continuity with these movies, tbh...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 07:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

All the Xmen films sucked. IMO. smile

The sooner they regain the rights from FOX ( which will never happen)

The better.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 08:12 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No Fox, no Bryan Singer.

From there, maybe.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 08:15 AM
Squirrel Fart

^ thumb up

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 01:30 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by The Nuul
The X-Men movies are so messed up from the comics.

So, Bacon 52 year old is supposed to be playing Shaw. What they are they going to use CGI and make him look young again? or hes very old and Charles and Erik are in their 20s. In the comics they are all about the same age.

I'm less worried about Shaw. He's never appeared before, so it's not relevant to me that he, as Kevin Bacon, will be older than Xavier & Magneto. Doesn't bother me.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 04:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by emporerpants

* i don't remember anything interesting in doing a movie about Charles and Erik in their teens... they're just like Reed and Victor rip-offs, in my opinion... it would be interesting is the point where they will gather mutants to form their respective groups and battle each other out... minus Cyclops then this movie is stupid... mad

* i was hoping for more "Cyclops" and now this? i think Brett Ratner and Matthew Vaughn both hate Cyclops... for Bryan Singer, i don't know... sad

Last edited by dyajeep on Aug 25th, 2010 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 01:23 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by -Pr-
i honestly don't think they're sticking to any sort of set continuity with these movies, tbh...
i think i read or heard it somewhere that they aren't going with the flow. it's not supposed to be based in continuity. i cant prove this because i dont know if i even saw that. but it would make sense of how so desperately they destroying things.

and was Singer the first director?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 03:11 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote