KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » DareDevil (reboot)

DareDevil (reboot)
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
The more necessary key is to have someone who plays a good Matt Murdock. You can hire stuntmen to do the most difficult fight scenes in the suit.
thumb up

Old Post May 12th, 2010 11:12 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 04:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't know if I want the new film to get made, or for enough time to lapse so Fox loses the rights to Marvel Studios.
That's always the problem; getting the film company to give up and give it back.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 04:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

They need to get Fox off of the comic book movies.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 04:34 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They did pretty well with the X-Men franchise, but they need X-Men: First Class to redeem things after the Wolverine movie.
They pretty much struck out with the Fantastic Four and Daredevil properties. Only thing they haven't tried yet is Deadpool, and that's a tricky project to get the right balance.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 10:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Only thing they haven't tried yet is Deadpool, and that's a tricky project to get the right balance.

Well Rob Liefield seems like what they're going for with that movie.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 03:53 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They did pretty well with the X-Men franchise

Financially, sure, but they didn't exactly make faithful adaptations...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 10:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Mr. Twilight Robert Pattinson is rumored sad

http://www.moviehole.net/201138423-...on-slades-slate

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 11:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Re: DareDevil (reboot)

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
In July 2008, Jason Statham had expressed interest in appearing as Daredevil in the future. Statham requested "just give me the chance, I would love to be Daredevil." Frank Miller commented in agreement "I think he should be Daredevil too." In October 2008, 20th Century Fox executive Tom Rothman said that "a Daredevil reboot is something we are thinking very seriously about." Rothman added that "what it really needs is, it needs a visionary at the level that [The Dark Knight director] Chris Nolan was. It needs someone, it needs a director, honestly, who has a genuine vision."[65] In February 2010, reboot news was further reported by Deadline Hollywood who announced 20th Century Fox and New Regency are looking to develop the reboot with News Corp. Vice President Peter Chernin producing and David Scarpa writing the script. Intentions are said to move forward so that the film rights to the character would not revert back to Marvel.

- wiki

they need to release it under the "marvel knights" banner and make it rated R just like the last punisher movie was. [
Well that means the movie isn't going to be made.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 01:55 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so is garret hedlund...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=32092

I called it earlier, on another thread here - Garret Hedlund should be Matt! smart

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 05:33 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I called it earlier, on another thread here - Garret Hedlund should be Matt! smart

he could work, but i would like to see a better origin story and better martial arts scenes.. also no elektra this time around

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 07:51 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

he could work, but i would like to see a better origin story and better martial arts scenes.. also no elektra this time around

Well maybe leave Elektra for one of the sequels.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 03:15 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well maybe leave Elektra for one of the sequels.

that would be best, methinks

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 07:07 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Daredevil/Matt Murdock-Matt Damon
Nuke/Agent Frank Simpson-Tom Hardy
Kingpin/Wilson Fisk-John Goodman
Ben Urich-Gary Oldman
Karen Page-Kerry Bishe
Detective Nick Manolis-James Gandolfini
Glorianna O'Breen-Emily Blunt
Foggy Nelson-Sean Astin
Turk-Eddie Murphy
Writer-David S. Goyer/Frank Miller
Thoughts?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 01:25 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I think Kingpin is the hardest character to cast; would they bring back Michael Clarke Duncan for this?

John Goodman is 60 years old, now.

And no current wrestlers allowed!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 04:33 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think Kingpin is the hardest character to cast; would they bring back Michael Clarke Duncan for this?

John Goodman is 60 years old, now.

And no current wrestlers allowed!

duncan is around 50, plus he has health issues, so i doubt he'd wanna gain weight and look around 350+ lbs..

that said i am not sure how anyone else would look

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 06:59 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

duncan is around 50, plus he has health issues, so i doubt he'd wanna gain weight and look around 350+ lbs..

that said i am not sure how anyone else would look

Duncan didn't gain weight last time. His casting just altered the Kingpin's image from someone built like a sumo wrestler to a big, beefy former bodyguard (which his character was.)
I don't know if anyone could really look like Wilson Fisk, unless you put someone in a designed fatsuit and scaled them up (like Tom Hardy, maybe?)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 08:26 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

That......actually sounds pretty good.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 09:38 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Duncan didn't gain weight last time. His casting just altered the Kingpin's image from someone built like a sumo wrestler to a big, beefy former bodyguard (which his character was.)
I don't know if anyone could really look like Wilson Fisk, unless you put someone in a designed fatsuit and scaled them up (like Tom Hardy, maybe?)

I could only picture some huge samoan dude looking anything like the 616 kingpin (if they went that route).

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 09:44 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote