KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2010 FIFA World Cup

2010 FIFA World Cup
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Some interesting freindlies have happened in the past week or so, exciting build up stuff. Comments and friendly rivalary & wind up comments welcome .

# USA 2:4 Czech rep.

Oh dear me, its looking like a pasting when they meet England if thatīs the best they can do against a Czech side where some of the big stars have retired.

# England 3:1 Mexico

England didnīt play well but still won, wait and see what happens when they play good at the world cupsmile (USA? eek! )

# Holland 2:1 Mexico, not good for confidence before their opening game against S. Africa, mind you S.Africa are totally crap so an easy start.

# France 2:1 Costa Rica, wow France actualy scored some goals!

# Greece 2-2 North Korea, the dark horse of the world cup managed to score against "catanacho" Greece, not bad.

# Portugal 0-0 Cape Verde Islands. Who? and 0:0 wtf are Portugal doing at the world cup? Happy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2010 01:47 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Catanaccio. And yeah, Portugal are lucky to be in the World Cup. I don't know what it is with them though as I still have a feeling that they'll progress far into the tournament. I think they'll have the Germany-syndrome this tournament. Get shitty results during the qualification and preparation but, as I said, still reach the semis or final.

I was also a bit disappointed with Holland against Mexico, although they weren't that great in the preparation for Euro 2008 and still played great against Italy and France.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:14 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Things are looking rather well for England aren't they? I'll repeat myself, I really think England has a very great shot at winning the Cup this year as long as they don't make the stupid mistakes later on.

Portugal never really struck me as anything fantastic, but let's not get started on football bias. France aren't a great team either, unless of course they have the opprotunity to slap the ball.

And, wow about the USA, I'm actually rather surprised. Though I did look and they didn't play the majority of their starters, it was mostly a reserve team against the Republic and judging by the times listed on the goals it was fairly close. But yeah, I don't think England will have trouble with them (not to sound elitist).

- Emma Goldman

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:28 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I think there's a serious lack of great teams at this WC. I don't think England will win it, Argentina, Brazil, France and Italy don't have the greatest teams at the moment, I don't think Spain will win it this time either, Holland's defense is too weak and Portugal hasn't been doing well in preparation.

Everything is pointing in Germany's direction, they might just win it this time, as much as I hate to say it.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:34 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The USA arnīt as bad as some might make them out to be, they have some good players and on a good day could upset any team imo.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slay

Everything is pointing in Germany's direction, they might just win it this time, as much as I hate to say it.

I think Germany will be lucky to get through the groups stage to be honest, they look well dodgy & static at the back and even though Manuel Neuer (if he starts which he must imo) may be one of the most talented young keepers out there (especialy his counter attack starting throws), he still does wild things now and again.

How many African teams do youīs think will get though the group stages? Nigeria looks like the only real possibility to me.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 07:32 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iangould

I would say that Spain are going to win because they have torres, alonso and many great players in their team

Old Post May 28th, 2010 02:39 PM
iangould is currently offline Click here to Send iangould a Private Message Find more posts by iangould Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

I always like to entertain Cameroon will preform some magic, they usually seem to do every now and again. The Ivory Coast isn't all so bad either, both sides have very quick players as well as some mentionable ones from the Premiership themselves.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post May 28th, 2010 03:06 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Have you seen the Ivory Coasts group?

Brazil, Portugal and N Korea who could be unpredictable.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 05:47 PM
RocasAtoll

North Korea will be crap. Just because no one knows how they play, it doesn't make them dangerous. Their league is one of the worse ones in Asia, and that's where they get a lot of their players.
Ivory Coast should be able to nick a point off of Brazil and beat Portugal for that second spot. They have a more solid team throughout than Portugal. Cameroon has a chance, but I don't see Nigeria doing well.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 07:48 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

I cant see anyone stopping Spain, if all there top players stay fit.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 29th, 2010 06:43 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Spain can be frustrated, the way Inter frustrated and beat Barcelona. Of course Spain isnīt as good as Barelona anyway, I just think a clever manager with disiplined players could beat Spain.

Ireland 3:0 Algeria, oh I think Algeria are in for a pasting by Englandsmile

Old Post May 29th, 2010 07:47 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Some interesting freindlies have happened in the past week or so, exciting build up stuff. Comments and friendly rivalary & wind up comments welcome .

# USA 2:4 Czech rep.

Oh dear me, its looking like a pasting when they meet England if thatīs the best they can do against a Czech side where some of the big stars have retired.

# England 3:1 Mexico

England didnīt play well but still won, wait and see what happens when they play good at the world cupsmile (USA? eek! )

# Holland 2:1 Mexico, not good for confidence before their opening game against S. Africa, mind you S.Africa are totally crap so an easy start.

# France 2:1 Costa Rica, wow France actualy scored some goals!

# Greece 2-2 North Korea, the dark horse of the world cup managed to score against "catanacho" Greece, not bad.

# Portugal 0-0 Cape Verde Islands. Who? and 0:0 wtf are Portugal doing at the world cup? Happy Dance
North Korea is in the group with Portugal, Brazil and Ivory Coast.

Yeah, good luck with that whole dark horse thing.

Spain, Italy, Germany and Brazil look like they'll be the top 4 in my opinion, with Brazil being interchangeable with England or France, depending on how things go. Personally I think we'd beat France, but France will probs have a better chance at beating Brazil.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 29th, 2010 06:36 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Bicnarok
The USA arnīt as bad as some might make them out to be, they have some good players and on a good day could upset any team imo.

I think Germany will be lucky to get through the groups stage to be honest, they look well dodgy & static at the back and even though Manuel Neuer (if he starts which he must imo) may be one of the most talented young keepers out there (especialy his counter attack starting throws), he still does wild things now and again.

How many African teams do youīs think will get though the group stages? Nigeria looks like the only real possibility to me.

Yes, but you seem to forgot that Germany are shit in every preparation for almost every tournament they play in. Sometimes that does mean they don't get through the group stages like at EURO 2004 and sometimes it means they progress quite far into the tournament like WC 2002 (final) and WC 2006 (semis). We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Perhaps Cameroon, they seem to have an easy group, if they do well against Denmark they'll probably get a second place next to Holland. Possibly Ghana as well, they have a strong team but I forgot what other teams are in their group.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 10:27 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I see Lampard missed a penalty against Japan, where England luckily won 2:1 due to two own goals by Japan.

Germany beat Hungary 3:0 the first goal from a bad penalty decision, and Hungary looked well uninterested, totally boring game as are most friendlies.

One team Iīm looking forward to seeing is Chile, who play with a very offensive system. 3:1:3:3. They might want to change it though against some opponents or a cricket score could be on the cards, especially if they go a goal behind and get counter attacked.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 10:59 AM
Deano

the key to winning the world cup is belief. Brazil haven't got the best team but they will probably end up in the final because they play with confidence and belief.

To be fair i can't see any other team winning apart from Spain. That team is brilliant.

So what 7 should be left at home for England?

this is who i want to see gone from the england squad:

Barry- i would take him but i doubt he will be fit
Warnock
King - great player but to much of a risk
Huddlestone
Bent
adam johnson - great player and will become a regular but i reckon others deserve a chance such as shaun wright phillips.
Phillips- hard choice as i think he deserves a chance but i rate lennon higher.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 31st, 2010 02:37 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

He should send Lampard back as well, he plays crap compared to his Chelsea form.

England have quite a few "speed merchants" on offer this time round, hopefully Cap can get them playing effectively. Lennon, Walcott, Ashley young and even Ashley Cole if he is allowed to go forward could cause mayhem if let loose at the right moment in a game.

Well Germany havnīt got such problems with deciding who to send home, they have had so many injured players they only have to de select 1 player.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 08:47 AM
Deano

walcott out. not too surprised really.

what has baines done to deserve being left out?

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 04:32 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by Deano
walcott out. not too surprised really.

what has baines done to deserve being left out?

Now that suprised me, heīs the most talented youngster England have got. His awesome pace and finishing is top notch, I donīt understand why he left him out.

The unlucky ones are...-

Theo Walcott, Darren Bent, Adam Johnson, Leighton Baines, Scott Parker, Tom Huddlestone and Michael Dawson.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 06:37 PM
Deano

well if capello picked players on form like he said he was going to, then upson, carrick and heskey would be out.

walcott is all pace and no end product. lennon and phillips provide the end product better

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 07:55 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't Baines the one who let in that poor goal in the Mexico game?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 12:44 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote