KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2010 FIFA World Cup

2010 FIFA World Cup
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
well if capello picked players on form like he said he was going to, then upson, carrick and heskey would be out.

walcott is all pace and no end product. lennon and phillips provide the end product better

You didnīt see him in action for the England U21 team then, he scored some impressive goals and his finishing was world class.

When you look at the England squad, its not really that impressive now is it. If the players had say a Brazilain or Spanish passport how many England players would get into them teams? None except for Rooney maybe,,

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 08:34 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

brazil are't impressive either really. they aint as good as they used to be.

and i am well aware of walcotts talents but his season has been poor and he hasn't performed at international level since croatia.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 02:23 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Ghana looked quite shit last night. So did Holland in the first half, but 4-1 that's a thrashing I didn't expect, considering that Ghana is probably the strongest African team in this WC. What a goal from Sneijder as well.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 03:25 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Well friendly's mean nothing really. I remember England beating Jamaica 6-1 in their last friendly before the 2006 world cup and look how poor the campaign was for them.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 05:27 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Well friendly's mean nothing really. I remember England beating Jamaica 6-1 in their last friendly before the 2006 world cup and look how poor the campaign was for them.

I totally agree, the players are also trying not to get injured before the finals.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 07:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

yeah definitely. Its daft to expect players to put full effort in 2 weeks before a major tournament.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:08 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

....and after a long season.

If I was one of these players who was bound for the bench, I think iīd rather choose to go on a nice long summer holiday somewhere nice.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 08:44 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Looks like Rio Ferdinand might miss the world cup after being injured in training, will JT be captian now after allsmile

Drogba is doubtfull as well after injuring his arm, although Iīm sure he can wear some protectiont thing over it, after all its football you donīt need an arm.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 06:39 PM
Deano

its hard to play when you have injured your arm. trust me i know!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 01:13 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Dammit Ferdinand! Of course this would happen.

I really hope he gets back on his feet, Terry doesn't deserve it this time around.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:20 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Robben is out for the World Cup as well. Hamstring injury against Hungary this afternoon.

That's what I've been saying for the last 2 pages. Just expected Ghana to do better even if it was a friendly.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:20 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by Slay
Robben is out for the World Cup as well. Hamstring injury against Hungary this afternoon.
That's what I've been saying for the last 2 pages. Just expected Ghana to do better even if it was a friendly.

Damn!! one of my favourite players, was looking forward to watching him. With these injury ridden stars and certain top players not selected itīs becomming a bit of a farse. Postpone it!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:43 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Damn!! one of my favourite players, was looking forward to watching him. With these injury ridden stars and certain top players not selected itīs becomming a bit of a farse. Postpone it!

Well they still don't know if he'll be able to play or not, but I personally don't think he will be, considering it's a hamstring injury.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 12:02 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

WTF ROBBEN OUT? A real shame, a real shame indeed. I was also looking forward to watching him play. That's pissed me off now!

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 02:15 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by Liberator
WTF ROBBEN OUT? A real shame, a real shame indeed. I was also looking forward to watching him play. That's pissed me off now!

I read today that he his "hoping to play" but even if he made it which I doubt, he canīt perform with a dodgy hamstring. His main weapon is his pace after all.

Drogba out as well, that must be a blow for the Ivory Coast, especially seeing their opponents.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 11:38 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I'm an NFL fan with a father-in-law who is a soccer (football) nut. He's having a big get-together this Saturday to watch us Yanks take on the English. He's even inviting a friend who's from the UK to watch with us. That way the friend can rib us if England wins...or rib us about how we don't know the game if England loses, I suppose! But it should all be in good fun, I hope.

So considering I don't know much about these 2 teams except that the USA barely scored in the last World Cup, who is expected to win this match?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 12:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Originally posted by botankus
I'm an NFL fan with a father-in-law who is a soccer (football) nut. He's having a big get-together this Saturday to watch us Yanks take on the English. He's even inviting a friend who's from the UK to watch with us. That way the friend can rib us if England wins...or rib us about how we don't know the game if England loses, I suppose! But it should all be in good fun, I hope.

So considering I don't know much about these 2 teams except that the USA barely scored in the last World Cup, who is expected to win this match?

England are obviously the favourites because, well to be fair, we just have superiour football ability.

HOWEVER,

You can't really say anything for sure, especially in football because matches are always all over the place and really anything can happen. In fact if I remember correctly the last time England and the US met the US won...

You yanks aren't looking so bad either, got a decent side. Should be a fun match to watch either way though.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 03:11 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

The US will probably lose against England, but I can see them ending second in their group and progress into the second round, maybe even the quarter finals.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 03:19 PM
Deano

Originally posted by botankus

England will be expected to win and i expect them to win also. But it will only be if they play at there best. A sloppy start could give the USA a chance.

England do usually start slow and i expect the USA to come flying out the blocks early. I reckon 3-1 to England, but if the USA did win, it wouldn't come as a surprise because they are a very good side.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 07:46 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

This week is going by so slowly.

JUUUUST A FEW MOOOOORE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 01:20 PM