KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2010 FIFA World Cup

2010 FIFA World Cup
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Even though it was supposed to be a corner I do think it's the least worst call. It happened really fast and it did look like it bended.

But still, it should of been a corner.

Eh?, there was the ref and two linesmen, and it was plainly obvious that the ball hit the wall because it changed direction.

Originally posted by Slay
Also, I really don't think the referee was that great. He constantly interrupted the flow of the game, completely destroyed it.

If there were fouls over couple of minutes what do you expect, if he had let the game go it would have ended in a brawl. In fact he should have send of a couple of Dutch players for certain, especially this from De Jong. definite red card!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 12:56 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm well aware that the ball deflected and it should of been called for a corner but out of all the missed calls, it wasn't that bad.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by lord xyz
I wouldn't blame the referee considering all the fouls commited, infact, I think there were times when he was a bit lenient.

True Howard Webb is one the best refs in the game right now. A lesser ref would probably have given a couple of more red cards. Look at what he had to deal with with Robben screaming in his ear after he didn't whistle for some soft contact. A few more common sense refs like him and the overall tournament would've been better.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:16 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

England, showing other countries how to ref.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:38 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by Nihilist
I cant see anyone stopping Spain, if all there top players stay fit.
Called it, where's AC when you need him, to confirm he knows squat about football.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 06:11 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Either way, whether you support Holland or Spain we can all agree that the FIFA should finally start working on ''technological support'' for the referee's.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:52 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either way, whether you support Holland or Spain we can all agree that the FIFA should finally start working on ''technological support'' for the referee's.
Video replay sure, but I don't think you need technology for the ball hitting the wall. World Cup final or not, mistakes like that happen all the time. The only real mistake in the game was Lampard's goal, and I'm not just saying that because I'm English.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:20 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Video replay sure, but I don't think you need technology for the ball hitting the wall. World Cup final or not, mistakes like that happen all the time. The only real mistake in the game was Lampard's goal, and I'm not just saying that because I'm English.

Do you honestly think I'm such a chauvinistic prick that I suddenly decide to support video replay just because of that incident? I was looking back at the World Cup in general. It was marked by gamechanging incidents that shouldn't (Tevez' goal) or should have (Lampard's 'would be' goal) been. As I said, the action preceding Iniesta's goal was offside, but they deserved to win anyway.

That and shitty performances from numerous goalies.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 04:18 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Some sort of Techology is required, not only for the world cup but the Champions & other leagues because there is sooo much money in the game now that a bad decision could cost a club millions.

Lampards disallowed goal was bad ok, but does anyone seriously thing it would have changed the outcome, or have been the turning point for Englands pathetic performances?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 04:46 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If NFL, NHL and MLB have replay rules, I can't see why football does not.

For something as important as a goal in football, why are the disavantages of having video replay?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 05:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Smasandian

For something as important as a goal in football, why are the disavantages of having video replay?

The paid-off/corrupt Refs couldn't properly do their job then.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 06:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you honestly think I'm such a chauvinistic prick that I suddenly decide to support video replay just because of that incident? I was looking back at the World Cup in general. It was marked by gamechanging incidents that shouldn't (Tevez' goal) or should have (Lampard's 'would be' goal) been. As I said, the action preceding Iniesta's goal was offside, but they deserved to win anyway.

That and shitty performances from numerous goalies.
It actually wasn't, I saw the replay, he was level.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 11:46 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I agree no one was offside!

The mistake was taking van Bronckhorst off, after he left the left side was wide open.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 08:15 AM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

No he wasn't. I don't remember who gave the pass, but Iniesta was offside. Mathijssen managed to clear it though, but played it right back into Spanish feet. They passed it to Iniesta again but this time he wasn't offside. Either they didn't see it at all, or they didn't decide to act on it because Mathijssen cleared it. If the latter was the case he should've whistled because there was no advantage for us. Either way, we were ****ed over in that situation, however I'm not bitter over it as I've expressed earlier that I think Spain ultimately deserved the win anyway.

Last edited by Slay on Jul 14th, 2010 at 09:13 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 09:06 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

If he wasnīt actively going for the ball, or got the ball when the pass was played and another player from the other team did get the ball then offside isnīt called.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 02:12 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Bicnarok
If he wasnīt actively going for the ball, or got the ball when the pass was played and another player from the other team did get the ball then offside isnīt called.

Yes it is. The pass was meant for Iniesta and if the ref called it offside at that moment, the Dutch wouldn't have been in any problems. This warrants an calling an offside, unless the Dutch would be in the advantage after the clearing which they weren't. Don't get into it with me about the exact rules of the game, as I've proven you wrong in the past. I've done a refereeing course to referee junior games at my local amateur club, as I've told you before. Might not be of the same expertise as Howard Webb, but the rules are the rules. I'm not blaming him for it as it's always a lot more hectic on the pitch than when watching it on tv. Fact is though, it was an offside he should've whistled for.

PS. by juniors I mean kids between the C and A age-levels which are kids between the ages of 15-19. Just to clarify that it was necessary for me to study the offside rules.

Last edited by Slay on Jul 14th, 2010 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 06:52 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Also, I have a bigger penis than you. All.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:12 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

In your ass

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:26 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Mairuzu
In your ass

In your girlfriend.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:52 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Omg slay you can't comeback a comeback!

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:55 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote