KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Midichlorian Counts

Midichlorian Counts
Started by: HeartoftheForce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Dr McBeefington
LOL@Contradiction Corner

ya

We have to call off the assault on N's grill. Stand down, man. Stand down.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know why you guys argue about Nihilus' feet years later, but I Just found "contradiction corner" to be random as hell and therefore, quite humorous.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Gideon
no expression

You demonstrate your apathy by devoting time and energy to responding?

You know what that means...

It's time for CONTRADICTION CORNER!

*cue the cheers*

I must not have made myself clear. The thing that no one cares about is your ability to toss aside an in-universe source. See, it isn't a particularly impressive ability. Tobin being a (potentially) invalid source doesn't affect my platform at all.

quote:

Does the loading screen say he's holding the ship together?

I don't think so. Luckily, I don't care. The only feat that matters is that he pulled the Ravager out of a gravity well.

quote:

So the feat is valid and the loading screen has said what people claim its saying because... we're talking about it?

That's not sound logic, Nemmy; Janus and co. used to say nonsense like Marka Ragnos could play ping-pong with planets and whatnot, but funny enough, you won't find any source that says it.

Provide the statement from the loading screen or STFU.

This is non-negotiable.

And make it soon.

plz

Actually, you haven't done a very good job of showing that it isn't sound logic. Comparing me to Janus "and co." in some kind of guilt-by-association gambit is in and of itself "not sound logic," while I am in a defensible position. It is sound logic because, at one point, we have had this discussion before. I was happy with the result, and you were not. That we are having the discussion now indicates that you are (by proxy through TJ) not content with the outcome. Thus, the last altercation over this matter was settled in my favor. But none of this matters since all that the above paragraph really amounts to is one elaborate ad hominem fallacy.

quote:

How can I get around what hasn't been provided? I love how [attempt to] hide behind a source despite apparently not having the faintest idea what it says.

I'm beginning to wonder if you make grammatical mistakes just to bait me. messed

Anywhoo, i kno that thur is a source, and that it corroborates Tobin's story. That it exists is enough for casual inclusion in other debates. Now that you are challenging this specific feat I have to find the quote. It is taking longer than I expected.

quote:

I seem to recall, particularly in your first years here, every single match ended in your concessions.

You try to avoid arguing with me now; that's the fear I inspire in you.

no expression

um... congrats? I wasn't very good at this when I started. Now that I've gained competence, at the very least, you haven't exactly been eager to step into the ring.

Also you've never beat me.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Not sure that the loading scene appeared in every game. They were kind of random selected, if I remember correctly.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:22 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well someone seems to be getting a little defensive...

quote:
RN
I must not have made myself clear. The thing that no one cares about is your ability to toss aside an in-universe source. See, it isn't a particularly impressive ability.

quote:
Gideon

no expression

You demonstrate your apathy by devoting time and energy to responding [about my supposedly insignificant ability to toss aside an in-universe source]?

quote:
RN
Tobin being a (potentially) invalid source doesn't affect my platform at all.

Who says I'm attacking your platform? My feelings about Nihilus's use of telekinesis are minimal; there is (apparently) no canon source that confirms that he held the ship together and you apparently have no idea what the loading screen says regarding his use of telekinesis in pulling the ship from Malachor; to say that your defense is paper-thin would be a compliment.

Because even if he did through brute telekinesis alone, what does it change? Where did I disagree or contradict?

This isn't rhetorical and I'll give you a 24 hours to provide proof of where this alters my platform at all.

Otherwise, coupled with your concession about Tobin as a source, I'll have to declare [SPOILER - highlight to read]: my victory in a most rude manner.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

A loading screen does indeed say that Nihilus tore the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor

That is not a quotation, but very close to one.
How is not stated, but in this case, Occum's Razor would seem to apply.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:31 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

TJ
A loading screen does indeed say that Nihilus tore the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor

That is not a quotation, but very close to one.

I'd like the exact quote and, if possible, a link.

quote:
RN
How is not stated, but in this case, Occum's Razor would seem to apply.

We'll leap that hurdle whenif it gets here.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:34 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
Who says I'm attacking your platform?

Oh, I thought that TJ had said that you were talking shiit about the feat at some point. I'll quote it for you:
Originally posted by truejedi
Definitly disagree with Nihilus. There is no evidence that his drain would be effective against a highly tiered force user. His TK, while impressive, isn't shown to be entirely accurate.

As per Gideon, if the quote about him ripping the ships out a gravity well, and then holding it together with the force was correct, it should have fallen apart instantly when he died. It did not.

But whatevs.

If you would like to endorse the statement attributed to you then we can have a proper discussion with positions and everything!

In other news, I found it:
quote:
"The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V.The Sith fleet attacking Telos appears to be composed of many damaged warships... the wreckage of a great battle."

Three separate forums and the :talk page in the wookiee all have this version.

This is the only feat I care about, the discussion with TJ notwithstanding.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'd like the exact quote and, if possible, a link.

We'll leap that hurdle whenif it gets here.

You realize that both lines you quoted came from the same post?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:35 PM
Lucius
Unknown

You know what your problem is? You guys have all gone pure empirical and completely forgotten how to extrapolate.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Autokrat
You know what your problem is? You guys have all gone pure empirical and completely forgotten how to extrapolate.

I haven't.

(Which is funny because I fall much closer to the "Empiricist" side of the spectrum than to "rationalist.")

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:38 PM
truejedi

quote:
As per Gideon, if the quote about him ripping the ships out a gravity well, and then holding it together with the force was correct, it should have fallen apart instantly when he died. It did not.

This would have been a more accurate post.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:39 PM
truejedi

I, for one, am not going to play KOTOR again to get a screenshot, as I don't even like N.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:40 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting... interesting. So the quote doesn't identify the use of telekinesis? In fact, it doesn't identify the use of the Force at all.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I sense a great disturbancedeclaration in the Force...

quote:
RN
Oh, I thought that TJ had said that you were talking shiit about the feat at some point. I'll quote it for you:

Hearsay? Hearsay? You didn't bother to check for yourself, sir?

I'm going to have to dock points.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even if did talk about the feat, it doesn't necessarily mean that I was "attacking your platform."

quote:
RN
But whatevs.

Another concession? Good, good. Keep them coming plz.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd also like to point out that Nihilus, apparantly according to the 'Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide', was stuck on Malachor until he got off with the Ravager, so he has pretty much no chance of having lifted it off without using the Force.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Interesting... interesting. So the quote doesn't identify the use of telekinesis? In fact, it doesn't identify the use of the Force at all.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I sense a great disturbancedeclaration in the Force...

Hearsay? Hearsay? You didn't bother to check for yourself, sir?

I'm going to have to dock points.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even if did talk about the feat, it doesn't necessarily mean that I was "attacking your platform."

Another concession? Good, good. Keep them coming plz.

So N used his awesome gravity manipulation gun and tore the Ravager out of the well?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

or repairing it, and flying it out. Perhaps he used a little TK to help a bit, but didn't take on the full strength of the ship. Heck, if the ship had life support and lighting systems, it could easily have had launch rockets as well.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:43 PM
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I haven't.

(Which is funny because I fall much closer to the "Empiricist" side of the spectrum than to "rationalist.")

Kant's epistemology is the one thing he got right. Knowledge begins with experience, but rationalism is required to organize and extrapolate.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:43 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Autokrat
So N used his awesome gravity manipulation gun and tore the Ravager out of the well?

Well, was I the only one who didn't miss the noticeable bulge in his robes? Obviously the gravity manipulation gun.

It seems just as valid as the notion that he pulled it out through the Force, since no one has offered incontroverible proof that Nihilus possesses remarkable telekinesis.

Last edited by Gideon on May 18th, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
or repairing it, and flying it out. Perhaps he used a little TK to help a bit, but didn't take on the full strength of the ship. Heck, if the ship had life support and lighting systems, it could easily have had launch rockets as well.

The screen either says he ripped it out or lifted it out (I remember). Flying it out doesn't fit in with that.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote