KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why do people like Wolverine so much?

Why do people like Wolverine so much?
Started by: Psychopath001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychopath001
He is so VASTLY over rated. I mean, WOW. I don't think I have ever seen any comic book character put on a higher pedestal than they deserve more than this dude. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like him, quite a bit, but it's getting way too much.

Yes he has adamantium claws, and yes he has a healing factor, but so what? With the sort of beings roaming the universe and even the ones just on earth, I don't understand why there is so much hype being made about a character whose primary function is to keep taking incredible hits because he's not powerful enough to dish incredible ones out.

He’s the John Wayne of comics. What’s not to love?

The character’s overexposure and wanking is one thing (that’s on the creators), the character himself is another.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 09:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Back then, I like Wolverine just because of his metal claws. Can slash and shed blood just about anything. My very first comic I picked up from the new released shelf was Wolverine #74. Good memories.. Wished that I came few weeks later so I would've gotten Wolverine #75.

Old Post May 15th, 2021 05:32 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Highfather Herc

He's a bad boy that smokes, drinks, plays pool, kills people and has an attitude. He's also a tragic immortal loner that rides a motorcycle. It's pretty easy to understand why people love him, but it doesn't hurt that he has a lot of really good stories too.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2023 03:53 AM
Highfather Herc is currently offline Click here to Send Highfather Herc a Private Message Find more posts by Highfather Herc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good post back from 2017:

Originally posted by Ize19
For the record, it's Wolverine's life of failure, and his refusal to stop believing he can be more despite those failures, that is my single favorite aspect of his character. And the 1982 Wolverine mini series is etched as either my all-time #1 or #2, with Weapon X pretty much tied with it as my favorite Wolverine stories.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2023 10:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Psychopath001
He is so VASTLY over rated. I mean, WOW. I don't think I have ever seen any comic book character put on a higher pedestal than they deserve more than this dude. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like him, quite a bit, but it's getting way too much.

Yes he has adamantium claws, and yes he has a healing factor, but so what? With the sort of beings roaming the universe and even the ones just on earth, I don't understand why there is so much hype being made about a character whose primary function is to keep taking incredible hits because he's not powerful enough to dish incredible ones out.

Because people have shite taste.

Real connoisseur's like Iron Fist.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2023 11:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Pass

Wolverine has guts.

Attachment: img_6570.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jul 24th, 2023 10:25 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote