KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Deathstroke The Terminator(Slade Wilson)

Respect Deathstroke The Terminator(Slade Wilson)
Started by: namorsubby

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Taking a rabbit punch from a bloodlusted Class 100+.

Yeah Slade's just a Peak Human alright. roll eyes (sarcastic)

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:15 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

If you consider Captain America peak human, then yes, Deathstroke is at best peak human.

I've seen Captain America take an attack from the Destroyer and walk away. I've seen Captain America take a beating from a blood lusted Iron Man and a pissed Namor etc.

Out of curiosity, what scene are you referring to? The Class 100 rabbit punch.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:38 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If you consider Captain America peak human, then yes, Deathstroke is at best peak human.

I've seen Captain America take an attack from the Destroyer and walk away. I've seen Captain America take a beating from a blood lusted Iron Man and a pissed Namor etc.

The last posted scene where Donna hits him from behind.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:41 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Slade is a Metahuman, Cap isn't.

Cap beat a mind-controlled Namor, but Namor has been displayed most often in their encounters as someone who can't even be hurt at all by Cap, not by his hardest punch, or strongest shield toss, as it should be.

IDK how there can even really be a discussion on whether or not Slade is a Meta, since he's always been considered one, but let's not make this the place to discuss it, please.

edit:
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I believe Slade was dodging her hit from behind while hitting Jericho in that scan, but it doesn't matter, he and Donna have fought one on one before and he's tanked her blows and gave her some of his own. It's all in the thread.

edit again:

actually that might've been her hitting him when more titans came to the rescue, idk.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 22nd, 2010 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 01:44 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Omega Vision

I thought he dodged that. Hence the "Zwoosh" sound.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 03:34 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by namorsubby
Slade is a Metahuman, Cap isn't.

Cap beat a mind-controlled Namor, but Namor has been displayed most often in their encounters as someone who can't even be hurt at all by Cap, not by his hardest punch, or strongest shield toss, as it should be.

IDK how there can even really be a discussion on whether or not Slade is a Meta, since he's always been considered one, but let's not make this the place to discuss it, please.

I don't care what handbooks say.

I wa referring to Captain America #423. Good for Namor.

You can think of him as a Meta if you want. I don't really care, but if you consider Captain America as a peak human, Slade isn't a Meta.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 04:01 AM
namorsubby

Okay fine, now please. I don't care whether you think Slade is a meta, why even bother posting a comment like your first one in a respect thread?

This is exactly what I'm talking about
Originally posted by namorsubby
*sigh* I simply post the feats I deem impressive.

Any discussion of the validity of feats usually ends up ruining respect threads somewhat(at least for me). I don't want to see this one chalk full of lengthy, heated arguments concerning whether one of the posted feats are or are not PIS,CIS,etc. I'd like it if we could leave any speculation concerning any of the feats out of respect threads.

Same applies to your comment. Believe what you wish, but I want my threads full of feats, not arguements.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 22nd, 2010 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 04:41 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Back to Feats.......

Green Arrow V3 #75:

Deathstroke Vs Green Arrow and Black Canary

At first deflects arrows from GA, speedy, and Conner Hawke. Then
takes on GA and Black silmultaneously. He preps only for BC's cry, which he nuetralizes. According to him, he could've ended it at any time.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

GA pleads with DS to kill him and spare BC, but Slade is no sap, however lenient at times. JLA comes to the rescue in the end.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/18-1.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/19-2.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/20-1.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...stroke91/21.jpg

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 06:29 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 24th, 2010 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 06:19 PM
namorsubby

Forgot this way back

Deathstroke the Terminator #45:

Deathstroke Vs Impulse

KO's him with his staff, tagging yet another flash.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Batgirl #4(2008 miniseries):

Deathstroke Vs. Ravager

Somehow cassie is the only one to evade his sneak attack, even though Ravager has precog, anyway, Slade FTW.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Deathstroke Vs. Cassandra Cain, Round 3.

Slade says he knows he can beat her, but when she slams his skull against the stone wall, revealing a large space packed with explosives(which doesn't seem to hurt him at all, BTW), he decides to stop fighting before he is compromised.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Slade blows the place sky-high with himself still inside.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...tgirl004-16.jpg

Marque says no one could survive the explosion
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...tgirl004-17.jpg

Ravager disgrees.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...tgirl004-19.jpg

Needless to say, Slade endures it with ease and is shown monitoring them from a distance moments later
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...tgirl004-21.jpg

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 28th, 2010 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 05:18 AM
namorsubby

Faces of Evil: Deathstroke:

This occurs after Geoforce stabs Slade through the Heart. He is taken to Belle Reve, the highest security prison in the DC USA, only for metahumans, which Slade obviously is.

Geoforce literally cleaved Slade's heart in half, but he's still alive.The doctors say he can grow himself a new heart, which raises the question of why Slade hasn't grown his eye back.
(please log in to view the image)

Deathstroke Vs. Ravager

Negates her attack, breaking his chair restraints, then takiing her down.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(note: Here, Slade claims to have absolute control over every molecule in his body, thus negating Ravager's precog and even fooling machines into concluding that his organs are shutting down)

Slade breaks glass that can withstand a missile, jumps several feet into a helicopter, and shrugs off helicopter gunfire with armor while getting away

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 08:48 AM
namorsubby

Outsiders V4 #19:

Deathstroke(and Poprocket) Vs. The Outsiders.

As usual, Slade is focused on his job rather than engaging heroes. He endures the simultaneous attacks of Halo, Black Lightning, Owlman, Metamorpho, and Geoforce while blocking Katana's Sword. Then "Poppy" scatters them with an explosive from above. He fights Katana for a bit, then poppy let's off more explosives, which a few members are forced to deal with.Slade slices through metamorpho and the target with his sword, retrieving the item. He endures being hit by a car(recovering in mid-air) during his getaway.
(Note: Slade uses his senses to feel Alfred tensing to attack, and to see Katana in the reflection of her teammate's armor, thus evading her attack.)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 01:20 AM
Aries_04

I got Titans #25 scans of Slade healing from being sliced in two, in mere seconds. I'll post it with Namors permission.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:25 PM
Aries_04 is currently offline Click here to Send Aries_04 a Private Message Find more posts by Aries_04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

That was not Slade in Titans 25.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:54 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aries_04

youre right. my mistake

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:56 PM
Aries_04 is currently offline Click here to Send Aries_04 a Private Message Find more posts by Aries_04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Teen Titans #77:

Deathstroke Vs. Ravager
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...oke91/08-09.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/10-4.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/11-3.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/12-2.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/13-3.jpg

Teen Titans #78:

Slade takes out a pair of Black Lanterns(Adeline and Wintergreen), and then saves Ravager and Jericho from another pair of Black Lanterns.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

This time Slade takes on the four BL's from before at the same time, and is defeated, but he also reveals that his plan for the titans was always to have his kids align with them for their safety. He states that he could've killed Grayson, Logan, or any of the titans at any time. Like I've said a million times, CIS/PIS is the issue here.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 04:03 AM
MadMadTitan

This thread is so amazing! Keep it going please!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 05:44 PM
MadMadTitan is currently offline Click here to Send MadMadTitan a Private Message Find more posts by MadMadTitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Good Job.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 07:30 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Titans: Villains For Hire Special

Deathstroke Vs. Atom(Ryan Choi)

Slade easily defeats Ryan in h2h, having already memorized Ray Palmers moves from a previous encounter, then he kills him.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Name That Feat!!!:

Well, I've pretty much ran out of feats to display, having checked chronologically from Slade's first appearance til Titans #24 from last month. I'm about 99% sure I skimmed just about every issue, and I might re-skim just in case, but if any of you guys out there know of a Slade feat you haven't seen in this thread, please, don't hesitate to post either a title/issue so I can find it and upload the scans, or even your own recollection of it if you don't remember the title. I still may be able to find it

Oh yeah, and Respect Deathstroke

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jul 20th, 2010 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 05:55 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Slade's been a fave for years

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 04:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote