KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » black spidey.. no, not what you think..

black spidey.. no, not what you think..
Started by: super pr*xy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
If they make a movie with him being black, it is canon, you're not making sense.

Yes, I am aware Spiderman isn't black.

They have a series where he is hispanic.

I don't really care what those fans think, race isn't relevant to his character.

it is relevant to the detail of his character.

and no it wont be canon because he's not black.

and in what world was that hispanic parker a canon mainstream?

so okay i'll say that's fine release this movie as an alternate universe spider-man then release a movie with the real spider-man........

i'll jump on board with that....other wise no

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 12:23 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

did i misread or did someone compare Spiderman to Jesus? Eh, i guess that works, they're both fictional characters.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 12:25 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

his race isn't relevant to his character? What world do you live in? Changing his race or any character's race automatically changes the following...

style
culture
dialect/accent/diction
social outlook and social standing amongst peers
demographic they appeal to in the actual word

there are other things to consider as well; point is, it would be a completely different character. Also, they'd have to change the name of not only Spiderman, but his aunt and uncle, his calssmates, and completely revamp the type of women he's attracted to. If you didn't change those things, it would open up a huge can of worms concerning interracial dating and race dynamics in whole due to how much the character gets bullied.

And really, Peter Parker... does that sound like a black teen to you?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 12:40 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

^not to mention how jj rides his @$$

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 01:04 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

race isn't relevant to his character.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 01:39 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by marwash22
his race isn't relevant to his character? What world do you live in? Changing his race or any character's race automatically changes the following...

style
culture
dialect/accent/diction

None of those things need be change if the director/writers don't want them to be. Your applying real world social dynamics to a comic book film adaption. I want to you to understand how farfetched you sound.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 01:41 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Again, I'll say wtf are you talking about?!

Here are some real world dynamics that are seen in the previous films, that are, according to you, irrelevant and far-fetched...

Alternative energy
sex/dating
death
finances/poverty
peer pressure and bullying
crime in general
domestic violence and other domesticated issues
politics

So no, it's not me who's applying real world social dynamics to a fictional environment, it's everyone who has ever been involved in the comic book industry since it's inception. Comics books in whole are based on real world circumstances so your entire assertion that these factors are irrelevant, is completely flawed and asinine.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 01:55 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

/thread

Seriously, "Peter Parker" just SOUNDS like a nerdy white guy... Keep him that way.

"Luke Cage" sounds like a big, strong, black guy... Keep him that way.

"Steve Rogers", like "Harvey Dent" or "Wilson Fisk", could be either, tbh... Just as long as the guy can act the part. (and I'm a big Captain America fan)

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 02:52 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bat Dude
/thread

Seriously, "Peter Parker" just SOUNDS like a nerdy white guy... Keep him that way.

"Steve Rogers", like "Harvey Dent" or "Wilson Fisk", could be either, tbh... Just as long as the guy can act the part. (and I'm a big Captain America fan)
steve rogers no. nick fury, fisk, harvey , catwoman or black cat yes.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 04:45 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

If you make Spider-man black you're going to have to change so much about the story it's ridiculous, I mean Marwash hit the nail on the head. I don't want to see a completely altered Spider-man because everyone got this weird mentality of "We have the first black president, so why shouldn't we have the first black Captain America, and Spider-man and everything else"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:29 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Menetnashté
If you make Spider-man black you're going to have to change so much about the story it's ridiculous, I mean Marwash hit the nail on the head. I don't want to see a completely altered Spider-man because everyone got this weird mentality of "We have the first black president, so why shouldn't we have the first black Captain America, and Spider-man and everything else"

good words

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

style
culture
dialect/accent/diction

there are other things to consider as well; point is, it would be a completely different character. Also, they'd have to change the name of not only Spiderman, but his aunt and uncle, his calssmates, and completely revamp the type of women he's attracted to. If you didn't change those things, it would open up a huge can of worms concerning interracial dating and race dynamics in whole due to how much the character gets bullied.

What you just said makes little to no sense unless you think all black people are the same.

The style and dialect/accent of a nerdy white person doesn't have to be different from a nerdy black person, stop watching BET.

Spiderman's culture is virtually non existent in the comics.

Social standing among peers? This isn't the 60s. Social outlook doesn't have to be different either, you need to meet more people.

They don't have to change the names or who he is attracted to, wtf? He was bullied because he was a nerd.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
it is relevant to the detail of his character.

and no it wont be canon because he's not black.

and in what world was that hispanic parker a canon mainstream?

so okay i'll say that's fine release this movie as an alternate universe spider-man then release a movie with the real spider-man........

i'll jump on board with that....other wise no
It's a detail that is not relevant to the story. Tell me how him being white made an impact on the story?

I don't think you understand canonization. How would a movie reboot where he is black not be canon, how does him being black make it not canon?

All movie Spiderman are alternate universes.

You don't need to jump on board.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:27 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

You clearly didn't comprehend a damn thing i wrote. Also, I'm black myself and wouldn't be caught dead watching BET; you quick to presume, idiot.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:53 AM
Mindset

You clearly didn't comprehend a damn thing i wrote. Also, I'm black myself and wouldn't be caught dead watching BET; you quick to presume, idiot.
Then I feel sorry that your view on your own race is so limited.

I see you don't have any rebuttal, though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:06 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they make a movie with him being black, it is canon, you're not making sense.

Yes, I am aware Spiderman isn't black.

They have a series where he is hispanic.

I don't really care what those fans think, race isn't relevant to his character.
but race is relevant to john stewart, bishop , storm right ? wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:24 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then I feel sorry that your view on your own race is so limited.

I see you don't have any rebuttal, though.
maybe he is man enough to admit certain things about his race that dont fit right with characters. im not ashamed of admitting i wouldnt agree to storm being white in the next x-men film. she has always been black and thats her race since the begining. im not gonna say no storm would look better being white than black just to stand up for my race. this isnt a competition of race. its about the characters original appearance.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:28 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by chomperx9
maybe he is man enough to admit certain things about his race that dont fit right with characters.
no expression

Except that he's wrong...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:30 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by chomperx9
but race is relevant to john stewart, bishop , storm right ? wink
Stewart, idk, haven't read enough of his stories.

Bishop, no.

Storm is an african queen and goddess, so...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:31 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Bat Dude
/thread

Yes because John Stewart sounds Black.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:19 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote