KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » black spidey.. no, not what you think..

black spidey.. no, not what you think..
Started by: super pr*xy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Stewart, idk, haven't read enough of his stories.

Bishop, no.

Storm is an african queen and goddess, so...

Exactly.

Like i said before , nothing else in the spidey-verse need be changed if they made peter black. So he gets with mary-jane, a white girl..so? Wht ****ing decade are we living in. So he has a white boss who screams abuse at EVERYONE HE EMPLOYS, so? Nothing new there just cos petes black. Pete gets bullied becuase he's a geek, NOT BECAUSE HE'S A WHITE GEEK, and certainly not becuse he's ablack geek.

His social standing in his universe is not reflective of his skin colour. The character itself and the spidey-verse (storywise) wouldn't bat an eyelid because his skin colour is different. His skin colour makes no difference to his stories because his stories are NOT ABOUT SKIN colour. They're about CHARACTER, and personality. This isnt a hard concept to grasp.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 01:06 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Parkers character since hes been created is that hes a geeky white kid and not black or any other color.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 5th, 2010 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:43 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Yes but the fact that he was White was never relevant to any story of his or his character.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:01 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

exactly - the general STORY still works no matter what colour his eyes are.

or his hair.

or his boots.

or his skin colour. no expression

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:43 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Ummm....hes a geeky WHITE kid, always has been and always will be.

Let me guess you two are black amrite?

And Beyonce makes the perfect WW thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by The Nuul

yeah, but the POINT YOU'RE MISSING is that for the story to work he doesnt HAVE to be in the movie.

Thats it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:41 PM
Squirrel Fart

No, thats your point and not mine.

All through out Parkers history, hes a geeky white kid. If they make another character thats not Ben or Parker then its fine. But why have a SM movie when its not Parker?

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 5th, 2010 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:44 PM
Squirrel Fart

Anyways.....this is nothing but a publicity stunt. This wont happen.

This is nothing more but to stir up some rumors about the movie. Its the stupid WW and Beyonce rumor all over again.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 5th, 2010 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:56 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Let me guess you two are black amrite?

And Beyonce makes the perfect WW thumb up

Yes he is a "Geeky kid" who happens to be white, but when was his color a factor to his story or character, when was his race ever relevant to one of his stories?

Let me guess, you assume that just because at least one of us are Black then we're ok with a White hero being Black but you think we'd have a problem with Black characters going White AMIRITE? Some Black characters that could be White and it wouldn't change their character: Blade, Prowler, Static Shock.

No Beyonce doesn't, she can't act and she wants to be Diana just because she thinks it's about time Wonder Woman is Black. Speaking for myself, I have no problem with a Black Spider-Man so long as the person is actually good and fits the role well, not just because they went out and looked specifically for a Black guy when there's a White guy right next to him that can do the role just as well.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:13 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yes but the fact that he was White was never relevant to any story of his or his character.
well there not gonna say at the begining of a story here is a young white boy who has never met his parents and lives with his aunt and uncle and blah blah blah.

and for fat albert. the begining of his story he is an over weight fat black boy who loves helping out others in need and the rest what ever.

just cause they dont say what their race is supposed to be from day 1 doesnt mean its not relevant to their story or character. take a hint since day one if you see those characters always drawn and played by that race than thats what they are. they stook to keeping the characters their race all those years for a reason.

if none of their races were relevant than every other comicbook you would be seeing them switch races back and fourth all the time.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:42 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yes he is a "Geeky kid" who happens to be white, but when was his color a factor to his story or character, when was his race ever relevant to one of his stories?

Let me guess, you assume that just because at least one of us are Black then we're ok with a White hero being Black but you think we'd have a problem with Black characters going White AMIRITE? Some Black characters that could be White and it wouldn't change their character: Blade, Prowler, Static Shock.

No Beyonce doesn't, she can't act and she wants to be Diana just because she thinks it's about time Wonder Woman is Black. Speaking for myself, I have no problem with a Black Spider-Man so long as the person is actually good and fits the role well, not just because they went out and looked specifically for a Black guy when there's a White guy right next to him that can do the role just as well.
beyonce should be catwoman or black cat. WW no

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:43 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Anyways.....this is nothing but a publicity stunt. This wont happen.

This is nothing more but to stir up some rumors about the movie. Its the stupid WW and Beyonce rumor all over again.
How is it a publicity stunt?

Having Danny Glover play Spiderman is only being brought up on twitter, by his fans.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:52 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Having Danny Glover play Spiderman is only being brought up on twitter, by his fans.

I guess I should have paid more attention to that bit.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:58 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SamZED
I dont want Spider-man to be black, and that doesnt make me aracist, I just think its a retarded idea. Spider-man is white, has always been white and there's nothing wrong with respecting the source material. Why dont we cast an asian guy as Mohammad Ali in a movie? Or make Jesus gay? Or even better a lesbian to show the world that we have no prejudice?

Id love to see Luke Cage on a big screen but it would be retarded if he is played by say Van Damme, same here.

exactly.well said. thumb up

same goes for a black spidey.I would love to see a Luck Cage movie made but like he said,I dont want to see Van Damne "whom I am a big fan of his movies and have seen most of them" I dont want to see him play the role. laughing nor do I want to see a white actor play Storm from the xmen.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jun 7th, 2010 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 06:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
good words

yeah VERY good words.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 06:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by chomperx9
steve rogers no. nick fury, fisk, harvey , catwoman or black cat yes.

I agree with all those except Black Cat.Catwomen is okay as black but not Black Cat even though the word is BLACK cat.That just doesnt sit well with me.and yeah Steve Rogers needs to be white.BatDude also made a great point.Its so obvious the way he talks under his mask that he is a white dude. roll eyes (sarcastic) come on.a black spidey? dont make me barf. sick Like Batdude and others have said,its critical that Luke Cage is black and spidey is white.boy the people that are okay with a black spidey obviously are not die hard fans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like someone else said so very well,just because we now have a black president in office doesnt mean its time for those characters to become black now. roll eyes (sarcastic) do it in some community theatre production on the stage but dont make some movie with a black actor as spidey. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jun 7th, 2010 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 06:31 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

but the whole problem in a nut shell is the fan base around this.

I don't do tweeting so i only know what i read but this is something his fans started pushing for....which got him interested in the role....so now he says he would like to try out.

with the fan base he has backing the idea(way over 8,000 people and that's just face book) and the people on the forum's everywhere arguing they want him.

it's gonna make the movie people think "OMG lets get this kid in here because look at all these people that would come see this movie if we did this. not to mention people who just like spider-man in general.

if it truly happens it can be chalked up to nothing more then "making money".

i wish this wouldn't have happened because their are just as many people who don't want him to play the roles they just don't want people to think they are racist so they don't make anti Glover groups....so it appears like a lot more people like it then hate it.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Jun 7th, 2010 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 07:45 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I hate to be the bearer of bad news

even though unconfirmed, but will be soon, it seems Sony knows parker is white, was born white, and will always be white..

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06...-man-is-tintin/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 09:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

edit.

Last edited by Juk3n on Jun 7th, 2010 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 09:39 PM
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I hate to be the bearer of bad news

even though unconfirmed, but will be soon, it seems Sony knows parker is white, was born white, and will always be white..

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06...-man-is-tintin/

Good. Perhaps this will halt the potential of racists accusations that were hanging amist. Seriously, if the people who suggested such a change really believed it should not be an issue of race, as some of you here have agreed upon, then why even bring up the whole concept from white to black?

Just leave him the way he was originally created. By making such a suggestion, these people created a racial situation all on their own.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 11:52 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote