KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » black spidey.. no, not what you think..

black spidey.. no, not what you think..
Started by: super pr*xy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
the people that are okay with a black spidey obviously are not die hard fans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've probably read more Spiderman comics than you've even known existed.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 03:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
but the whole problem in a nut shell is the fan base around this.

I don't do tweeting so i only know what i read but this is something his fans started pushing for....which got him interested in the role....so now he says he would like to try out.

with the fan base he has backing the idea(way over 8,000 people and that's just face book) and the people on the forum's everywhere arguing they want him.

it's gonna make the movie people think "OMG lets get this kid in here because look at all these people that would come see this movie if we did this. not to mention people who just like spider-man in general.

if it truly happens it can be chalked up to nothing more then "making money".

i wish this wouldn't have happened because their are just as many people who don't want him to play the roles they just don't want people to think they are racist so they don't make anti Glover groups....so it appears like a lot more people like it then hate it.
What comic movie hasn't been about "making money"?
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Good. Perhaps this will halt the potential of racists accusations that were hanging amist. Seriously, if the people who suggested such a change really believed it should not be an issue of race, as some of you here have agreed upon, then why even bring up the whole concept from white to black?

Just leave him the way he was originally created. By making such a suggestion, these people created a racial situation all on their own.
How about you try reading the articles that started this discussion.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 03:41 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mindset
What comic movie hasn't been about "making money"?

yea i get that but if you were making a movie and their was a talented movie star that everyone loved and all of his fans wanted him to play the role weather he fit the role or not.....would you not cast him purely because you know that there are thousands upon thousands of fans that will definitely come see the movie and that's not even counting the spider-man fans.....

that's my point today people get scared to speak out on some issues because they don't want to sound racist. which to me is kinda funny because race is kinda like a paradox.....

if someone's white and i dislike the black person for a role of a movie then they're not necessarily racist...but then what if they are scared to speak out because they are scared of sounding racist.....which brings us to the paradox because originally it wasn't about racism but the moment they got scared of saying anything it was the race that made them keep their mouth shut.

which brings me to my point.....it seems like more people are for it rather then against it so it becomes an unfair popularity contest of sorts.

but i guess since he wont be spidy now this whole argument is moot now anyways lol

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 04:12 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by Mindset
How about you try reading the articles that started this discussion.

I have read the article. So, what's your problem with my post?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 10:39 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I have read the article. So, what's your problem with my post?
If you read the articles then you should know why race was brought up.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 02:35 AM
Phoenix2001

Because of the whole "why does Spidey have to be a white guy?" quote? What other reason would there be to bring it up?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 04:19 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Because the only choices were, in his opinion, sub par white actors. Instead of limiting your choices to only bad actors because they meant the requirement of being white, they could choose a good actor that was not.

Get it now?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 04:33 AM
Phoenix2001

I have no doubt there are plenty of non-white actors who could definitely act the part, but it would simply be out of place, much in the same way that it would be out of place for a white guy to play Blade or Spawn. While Spawn is burnt to a crisp, he still has a african-american background, and I feel in this respect, only a black guy should play his and Blade's part. Race should not matter when considering it alone, but the character's ethnicity is what makes them a little more original and unique in their own right.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 05:00 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because of the whole "why does Spidey have to be a white guy?" quote? What other reason would there be to bring it up?
yeah i dont think the black community would appreciate it if there was some blog started by whites and have a title saying the last thing fat albert needs to be is another black guy

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 07:22 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by chomperx9
yeah i dont think the black community would appreciate it if there was some blog started by whites and have a title saying the last thing fat albert needs to be is another black guy

Agreed. Obviously, race does matter to some degree or every fictional character would have the same skin color. A character's race is usually a reflection of the writer's/artist's own race. Not out of the sake of being racist, but simply because they are what they are.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 09:55 PM
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I hate to be the bearer of bad news

even though unconfirmed, but will be soon, it seems Sony knows parker is white, was born white, and will always be white..

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06...-man-is-tintin/

Heh.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 01:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dev10n
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im black and i cant stand the idea of making spiderman black WTF that like making Blade white i would HATE HATE HATE HATE that

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:34 AM
dev10n is currently offline Click here to Send dev10n a Private Message Find more posts by dev10n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by dev10n
Im black and i cant stand the idea of making spiderman black WTF that like making Blade white i would HATE HATE HATE HATE that

wouldnt that like royally suck though? I mean can you imiagine what the uproar would have been back in the 70's when they made superman the movie if they had cast a black actor as clark kent/superman? roll eyes (sarcastic) that would have ruined the credibility of the film and it would have bombed at the box office. same with spidey. great to hear someone such as yourself and marwash as well who IS black that hates the idea. Happy Dance You are so right,there are some characters you just need to leave the hell alone and dont change anything about them.there are instances where like in Batman 89 when it was okay to have a black commissioner gordon but those are VERY rare cases.

Like you said so well that would be like having Blade be white or Luke Cage be white or like someone else mentioned earlier so well having a white actor play Fat Albert. roll eyes (sarcastic) well known characters around the world like that should NEVER have their races altered.with a main character like these,you just dont tamper with them like that.That was what they were suppose to look like when they were created and you just dont mess with it. anybody in their right mind would never change those black characters into white people and the same with Spiderman or Batman or Superman.

someone else really hit the nail on the head earlier why it would be the dumbest idea ever and why it would not work in the fact that you would have to change the characters of the other characters as well such as mary jane and others if you made him a black guy. people around here just dont get that though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jun 11th, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 09:59 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by chomperx9
well there not gonna say at the begining of a story here is a young white boy who has never met his parents and lives with his aunt and uncle and blah blah blah.

and for fat albert. the begining of his story he is an over weight fat black boy who loves helping out others in need and the rest what ever.

just cause they dont say what their race is supposed to be from day 1 doesnt mean its not relevant to their story or character. take a hint since day one if you see those characters always drawn and played by that race than thats what they are. they stook to keeping the characters their race all those years for a reason.

if none of their races were relevant than every other comicbook you would be seeing them switch races back and fourth all the time.

very good words.yeah these fools around here just dont get it that just because they dont say what their race is suppose to be doesnt mean its not relevent to their story or character.they have never changed fat alberts race over the years because it is relevent to ths troy cause thats how he was originall created and meant to be.No different than spiderman.

Like someone else said so well,if they want some black actor to be bit by a spider and become a superhero and have some great spider powers such as sticking to walls then all means go ahead and make that movie,just dont call the movie spiderman for crying out loud. reminds me of all these idiots i used to argue with that not giving him the mechanical shooters rapes to death his character and how the movie should never have been called spider-man,so sad how some people like mindset dont care about them raping to death a character like spiderman.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 10:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Sony doesn't know what they wanna do.. their a bunch of dummies

thats something thats been well known since 2001.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 10:24 PM
Darth Martin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 10:33 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

more folks in the mix to play parker/spidey..

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...4/news/?a=19010

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 11:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

more folks in the mix to play parker/spidey..

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...4/news/?a=19010

i sure hope neither of those two do.I know peter was a geek in the beginning but he doesnt have to LOOK like a gook like these two do.mcguire at least didnt look like a geek.His looks alone made me like his casting choice its just he is such a horrible actor was the thing i could not stand about him.get someone that his looks similiar to him where they dont look like a geek like these two do.i still dont understand why they cant get zac efron with his hair dyed like he had it in Hairspray.Zac not only fits the part but he is a good actor as well.well he was in hairspray anyways,thats the only film i have seen him in.cant believe all these stupid girls that think he is so hot without his hair dyed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

With his hair dyed black like it was in hairspray,he looked really handsome,with his natural hair color,he is nothing to look at. laughing

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 07:52 PM
Badabing
Karen

I'm against any big change to super hero movies. Hollywood has effed up enough comic based movies.

I just can't think of one good reason to make a race statement by altering a character in such a way. I mean I wouldn't want Bats or Supes to be red heads with freckles.

Yeah, a part of me has always wanted an iconic character to be a brash, inner city Italian with an eff you attitude. But that's the breaks. But I can understand why some of our Black posters would want to see a mainstream character as a Black man or woman. Let's face it, until pretty recently, there weren't many Black comic book characters at all.

The studios will go with what will make them the most money. I think drastically altering a popular character would bite them in the ass.

But, I have found one actor who would be a perfect, nerdy Peter Parker...

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 04:46 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think mclovin should play the part of peter parker

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 04:16 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote