KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus: Questions about Him

Darth Caedus: Questions about Him
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
DS
I sincerely hope you're not referring to him trying to bring the sith ship down while the sith in the ship flying away are trying to stop him? NOTHING pathetic about that.

It absolutely is, if we're comparing it to his earlier feats of manipulating a dovin basal and using the Force to tether himself to the ground so that not even a black hole could move him.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
It absolutely is, if we're comparing it to his earlier feats of manipulating a dovin basal and using the Force to tether himself to the ground so that not even a black hole could move him.

He wasn't in a life or death situation? He went absolutely steroid crazy against Abeloth.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see how he'd need to be in a life or death situation to restrain a fleeing enemy, but we'll agree to disagree.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke not only had to counter that sith lord's power (and that sith was stated to be a match for Kyp or Kyle) but the shuttle's thrusters as well, as well as the sheer size of the shuttle. And I'm pretty sure that the shuttle has far more powerful thrusters than the shuttles we use today.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're responding to me,

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You do know what the ignore function on our user control panel does, right? It literally prevents me from reading your posts. If you're so desperate for my attention, simply apologize for your stupidity and make a solemn vow to correct it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:42 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're responding to me,

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You do know what the ignore function on our user control panel does, right? It literally prevents me from reading your posts. If you're so desperate for my attention, simply apologize for your stupidity and make a solemn vow to correct it.

First of all, although I was responding to your post my response was directed towards anyone interested in this discussion.

Second of all, I understand how the ignore function works. I tried it before on Lord Lucien, but eventually couldn't resist reading his posts. smile Hence why I don't see the point of it; if you don't want to read someone's posts just don't read them.

Third of all, if you ignore all of my posts, how are you going to read an apology?

Oh, and a question: does the ignore function also block PM's?

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

So overall factoring in all aspects and skill genres, caedus is arguaby third?

1. Luke
2. DE sidious
3. Caedus

????

Also even if caedus was inferior to another saber user, could his force power cover the gap?

Ie...say if caedus fought de sidious in a 1v1, how would he fare?

Last edited by Board Walker on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Board Walker

1. Luke
2. DE sidious
3. Caedus

????

No. Yoda > Caedus, and Mace probably > Caedus.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:48 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

BW

1. Luke
2. DE sidious
3. Caedus

????

Very arguably. Very.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:49 PM
Board Walker

I was getting the impression caedus was superior in the force and second only to luke and or sidious?

As for sabers he kept up with a raging luke, I imagined him as being superior to mace or is this inaccurate?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Board Walker
I was getting the impression caedus was superior in the force and second only to luke and or sidious?

As for sabers he kept up with a raging luke, I imagined him as being superior to mace or is this inaccurate?

Well, in a fight Mace would beat Caedus thanks to vapaad/shatterpoint. But without putting them against eachother, it's debatable.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:55 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

That Caedus is (probably) second only to Luke in the new Jedi Order era does not mean he's second only to Luke period. Off ze top of my head,

Palpatine, Yoda, Kyp Durron, Vader, Dooku, Ragnos, Bane, Sadow, Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, UnuThul, Lord Nyax, and Galen Marek (Starkiller) have either demonstrated powers or, through canon statements, exhibit enough status to be on par or greater than Caedus.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And if I were you, (for future reference) I would pretty much ignore everything HWKN says unless a more experienced and established member happens to agree; this guy thinks Luke could solo the fvcking Empire.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:56 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

That Caedus is (probably) second only to Luke in the new Jedi Order era does not mean he's second only to Luke period. Off ze top of my head,

Palpatine, Yoda, Kyp Durron, Vader, Dooku, Ragnos, Bane, Sadow, Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, UnuThul, Lord Nyax, and Galen Marek (Starkiller) have either demonstrated powers or, through canon statements, exhibit enough status to be on par or greater than Caedus.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And if I were you, (for future reference) I would pretty much ignore everything HWKN says unless a more experienced and established member happens to agree; this guy thinks Luke could solo the fvcking Empire.

1. Of the ones stated, only Sidious, Yoda, Bane, Kun, UnuThul and Galen could possibly to greater on their own power.

2. Gideon is lying. First of all, I said Luke + the NJO Council kills Sidious, not Luke alone (although Luke alone probably could). Secondly, after that the Empire would still exist, although it would fragment, and it would still take the GFFA and its allies to defeat the remnants of the Empire.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:14 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by truejedi
Behind Luke and Sidous,

Caedus/Bane/Yoda/Windu and MAYBE Exar Kun and MAYBE Kyp Durron fall into a sort of to close to call, dangerous enough to challenge and maybe even beat the top tier on any given day sort of second tier.

In my opinion.

Also, I don't think Caedus knew invisibility.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 03:33 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

It depends solely on your perspective. Luke, in particular, is one of the most inconsistent characters in the mythos. On one hand, you have him using the Force to manipulate dovin basals and tethering himself to the ground in such a way that "not even the galaxy's central black hole could move him" and on the other, you have a relative nobody like Lumiya kicking his ass and no-name Sith Lords resisting his telekinesis.

You have certain parties who prefer to ignore the lower ending feats, concentrate solely on his higher showings, and if you do that, he's very likely the number one Force user in galactic history.

My perspective is to take into account all of the feats and assume that some of his higher end showings (like the whole black hole thing) is probably exaggeration and hyperbole and, in a straight up engagement, Luke rarely (if ever) shows that kind of power. For me, Luke would still definitely be top five

For me, Luke's top five in combat. Caedus isn't.

Skywalker consistently demonstrates considerable superiority in terms of Force strength, but Caedus was able to contend and harm Luke in their duel in Inferno, despite his uncle's certain advantages.

Luke would definitely win, in my opinion, but he'd probably be injured in the process.

I think that I discovered your reasoning Gideon, you are an anti Luke...
Moreover, your opinion about luke is generally unfounded and false.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 04:05 PM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

erm

If you want to avoid flaying then you'r gonna have to give us a little bit more than "Gideon you'r rong b/c i said so."

Prove it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

yeah new friend, he is right. : /

But it can't really be proven either way,

BUT me and gideon have proven that non-luke believers and luke believers can live together peaceably AS LONG As we just don't call the other out as wrong all the time.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 05:54 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
erm

If you want to avoid flaying then you'r gonna have to give us a little bit more than "Gideon you'r rong b/c i said so."

Prove it.

I agree with you , I am going to explain my opinion :

Skywalker consistently demonstrates considerable superiority in terms of Force strength, but Caedus was able to contend and harm Luke in their duel in Inferno, despite his uncle's certain advantages.

It was clearly explained that luke dominated completely the duel, furthermore, Caedus was able to contend luke only because of many objects of tortures .
I didn't understand why you wrote advantages while it would be rather about disadvantages(old wounds for luke, Ben who is is really stupid during this fight...

Lumiya kicking his ass and no-name Sith Lords resisting his telekinesis.

What, have you ever read lotf and backlash ?
In lotf luke fights three times lumiya, the results:
2 victories for luke and an equality.
And this "no-name Sith Lords "was declared as powerful as Kyle Katarn or Kyp Durron, he is besides completely dominated by luke .

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 06:15 PM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
erm

Prove it.

I'll help Ben222 at this.

Gideon keeps on focusing on Luke's supposedly lower showings, but actually many of them can be explained. The only one really that can't that I know of is that him and Mara vs a droideka one, which was pretty much PIS.

For example, he supposedly struggled against the Hidden One. However, we need to remember that the Hidden One is an unknown, yet Luke is not. Therefore, we don't know if that is a high or low showing for Luke since we can't exactly quantify the Hidden One's power. However, since we can quantify Luke's power, we can have the fight as a high showing for the Hidden One in that he stood up to a quantifiable opponent (Luke), but not a low feat for Luke since for all we know the Hidden One couldn't been UBER POWERFUL!!!!!

And for that shuttle one in FOTJ: Backlash, remember that Luke was pulling down against the weight of the shuttle, the thrusters of the shuttle (which are likely far more powerful than those found on Earth's) AND the telekinesis counter of the sith lord, who was stated to be on Kyp's and Kyle's level (well, at least at dueling; his Force power wasn't stated).

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:21 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

You do realize you (the least respected debater) are constantly butting heads with the most respected and established debater on the forum? As a result, you are constantly being totally and utterly devastated.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote