KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus: Questions about Him

Darth Caedus: Questions about Him
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

@One Free Man:

Those respected debaters became respected because people read their arguments and thought they were good. I'm pretty sure that you didn't actually read in detail my post, so how are you to quantify my post's validity if you didn't read it? For all you know it could've been the most brilliant argument ever made. And although it isn't quite as good as that, my post was indeed a well thought out argument. If you were to read it and try and actually think about what I'm trying to say, you'd realize it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke

Though I don't disagree that Luke is one of the most powerful Force-wielders/lightsaber duelists (if not THE most powerful) in galactic history, there have been times in the EU where there does seem to be inconsistencies or just plain weaker than we really thought Luke could be; however I think these events are included to show that he is not all-invincible, and that even though he practically is a Jedi with no equal, he is still flesh-and-blood, can make mistakes, and can bleed.

I don't have any citations off the top of my head where said inconsistencies occur, but I just remember in the past as I have read the books, that some things he did, or wasn't able to do, just seemed off.

Last edited by SWFan4Life on Jun 4th, 2010 at 07:53 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:50 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dear Hewhoknowshowtoclimaxapenisin6.2seconds:

I'm going to ignore that last post (even though I read it) and honestly try to help you out. I hate to see a guy get flamed at every turn. Don't waste my time, try and take my advice, it's meant in good-will.

Here's a little mini-guide on how to gain popularity and validity on the forum. Consider me your PR guy.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/namechange.php
Change your name to something that inspires a little less hatred. People see your name and instantly think your an uppity know it all and want to prove you wrong. I'm serious. first time I saw your name, I thought: now there goes an *******. I'm just going to love flaming his ass. A new name can be a real change of "first impressions" and give you a little bit of a second chance.

Also, the impression people get from your name is only strengthened by the content of your posts. You never give up, you constantly fight that you are right when everyone has already sided against you just because you come off as a pretentious dick know-it-all. Back down sometimes. If you see everyone agreeing with the opposition "I stand corrected" is a great way to sound honest and intelligent without eating crow or losing a debate. People respect someone who can admit defeat. For you, at this point, it's not about being right, it's about gaining PR because nobody is ever going to take you seriously in your present position. (You're wrong btw, but even if you were right, everyone would say you're wrong just to knock you off your high horse, then call you retarded until you begged to know why everyone hates you)

WELL IM TELLING YOU WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU AND HOW TO FIX.

Stop antagonizing Gideon. If he disagrees with you, the entire forum disagrees with you. And you're legitimately wrong in most cases. I have never seen Gideon say a word without backing it with facts. He is legitimately considered the best in the forum and antagonizing him isn't helping your cause.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man
Dear Hewhoknowshowtoclimaxapenisin6.2seconds:

I'm going to ignore that last post (even though I read it) and honestly try to help you out. I hate to see a guy get flamed at every turn. Don't waste my time, try and take my advice, it's meant in good-will.

Here's a little mini-guide on how to gain popularity and validity on the forum. Consider me your PR guy.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/namechange.php
Change your name to something that inspires a little less hatred. People see your name and instantly think your an uppity know it all and want to prove you wrong. I'm serious. first time I saw your name, I thought: now there goes an *******. I'm just going to love flaming his ass. A new name can be a real change of "first impressions" and give you a little bit of a second chance.

Also, the impression people get from your name is only strengthened by the content of your posts. You never give up, you constantly fight that you are right when everyone has already sided against you just because you come off as a pretentious dick know-it-all. Back down sometimes. If you see everyone agreeing with the opposition "I stand corrected" is a great way to sound honest and intelligent without eating crow or losing a debate. People respect someone who can admit defeat. For you, at this point, it's not about being right, it's about gaining PR because nobody is ever going to take you seriously in your present position. (You're wrong btw, but even if you were right, everyone would say you're wrong just to knock you off your high horse, then call you retarded until you begged to know why everyone hates you)

WELL IM TELLING YOU WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU AND HOW TO FIX.

Stop antagonizing Gideon. If he disagrees with you, the entire forum disagrees with you. And you're legitimately wrong in most cases. I have never seen Gideon say a word without backing it with facts. He is legitimately considered the best in the forum and antagonizing him isn't helping your cause.

I appreciate that you're apparently trying to help me, although you do seem to contradict yourself on that stance in this post.

Also, ALL of that in which you said I have done except for the changing of my user name. I'm one of the only debaters on KMC forums I know that actually admits that he's wrong when he really is. Seriously. I've done this multiple times. I just don't like to admit that I'm wrong when I'm actually not wrong.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Also, go watch Rogue Jedi in MVF and the entire Game versus forum post. Then do the exact oppposite of what they do.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Also, go watch Rogue Jedi in MVF and the entire Game versus forum post. Then do the exact oppposite of what they do.

LOL yeah. The poster Rogue Jedi can be very stubborn at times.

But seriously, I'm one of the only member I know about in KMC forums that does indeed admit that I'm wrong when I actually am. No offense One Free Man, but I remember no instance of you doing so.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If thats true then go over and admit in the Empire thread that even if Luke could assassinate Palpatine, it would do diddly squat and your initial premise was wrong.

I pinky dare you Motha****a!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

If thats true then go over and admit in the Empire thread that even if Luke could assassinate Palpatine, it would do diddly squat and your initial premise was wrong.

I pinky dare you Motha****a!

I will if you or someone provides me with conclusive evidence supporting that.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:10 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

STOP TAKING PEoPLEs POST SO SERIOUSLY.

Some times people will call you retarded and if you roll with the punch, it will defuse the situation. For instance:

much more established debater: Lol you retard.

HewhoknowswherethemaleGspotis(clueitsintheass):WHY
DO YOU HATE ME??? I MEAN ALL IVE EVER DONE IS DEBATE!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
same situation, different style. Realize these people have nothing against you, they just wanna see you react. you have a few choices in this situation that don't involve like a retarded person.

Established debator: Lol you retard.

choice 1(make a joke a, turn it around on them. This can make you look like an ass, so I wouldn't use it until you have more establishment on the forum): Lol I must be retarded, but your mom must love special kids, cause we did it all night long.

choice 2(make a joke b, MOCK HURT. Unfortunately with the way you've been acting lately, nobody will think your kidding): ex: "MY MOMMA SAYS ONLY TEH MEANIES CALL US DAT AND THE NICE PEOPLE CALL US SPECIAL."

choice 3(ignore): Ignore the insult. It's playground land. They would assault you if you don't react. This is your best choice as of now.

Realize that they don't know you and have no affect on your life. They're insults are meant to stir humor, not cause you pain. Unless you continue in the way you are already going. In which case, more pain to you.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Board Walker
So overall factoring in all aspects and skill genres, caedus is arguaby third?

1. Luke
2. DE sidious
3. Caedus

????

Also even if caedus was inferior to another saber user, could his force power cover the gap?

Ie...say if caedus fought de sidious in a 1v1, how would he fare?

It really depends on what makes someone "better" than someone else. If you want to go based on exotic Force abilities, Jacen is pretty much second to none. Political abilities, then I guess Palpatine beats him and thats about it.

If we want to go with a 1v1 fight, then things become a lot different. There are a good number of people who could be argued as being on his level. Not saying they'd win, but it'd be up for debate at least.

He's Gideons list, which I mostly agree with.

Palpatine, Yoda, Kyp Durron, Vader, Dooku, Ragnos, Bane, Sadow, Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, UnuThul, Lord Nyax, and Galen Marek (Starkiller) have either demonstrated powers or, through canon statements, exhibit enough status to be on par or greater than Caedus.

To this, I'd add Nihilus, Sekot, Abeloth, Zannah, Traya, Revan, and of course Luke. Again, not saying it'd be a definite victory for any of these, but that they're enough to at least give him a good fight. Only people I'd say have an almost assured win would be Luke and DE Sidious.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I appreciate that you're apparently trying to help me, although you do seem to contradict yourself on that stance in this post.

Also, ALL of that in which you said I have done except for the changing of my user name. I'm one of the only debaters on KMC forums I know that actually admits that he's wrong when he really is. Seriously. I've done this multiple times. I just don't like to admit that I'm wrong when I'm actually not wrong.
CHANGE YOUR NAME? nope.

From where I'm standing, you didn't STOP ANTAGONIZING GIDEON.

You also didn't ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG WHEN YOU WERE WRONG.

YOU WERE WRONG.

REALIZE IT.

EVERYONE AGREES.

THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU.

YOU WERE TOTALLY AND IMPERIALLY WRONG. THEY PUT YOUR PICTURE IN THE NEW WEBSTERS DICTIONARY INSTEAD OF THE WORD "WRONG" AND THE TERM "KNOWS ALL" HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH THE DEFINITION OF "IS AN IDIOT" BECAUSE OF YOUR LEGENDARY FAILURE.

see what I mean, you never admit defeat. NEVER. You just go and go and go. and you won't even accept advice.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:16 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
It really depends on what makes someone "better" than someone else. If you want to go based on exotic Force abilities, Jacen is pretty much second to none. Political abilities, then I guess Palpatine beats him and thats about it.

If we want to go with a 1v1 fight, then things become a lot different. There are a good number of people who could be argued as being on his level. Not saying they'd win, but it'd be up for debate at least.

He's Gideons list, which I mostly agree with.

Palpatine, Yoda, Kyp Durron, Vader, Dooku, Ragnos, Bane, Sadow, Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, UnuThul, Lord Nyax, and Galen Marek (Starkiller) have either demonstrated powers or, through canon statements, exhibit enough status to be on par or greater than Caedus.

To this, I'd add Nihilus, Sekot, Abeloth, Zannah, Traya, Revan, and of course Luke. Again, not saying it'd be a definite victory for any of these, but that they're enough to at least give him a good fight. Only people I'd say have an almost assured win would be Luke and DE Sidious.

Vader canonically < Caedus
Kyp canonically (well, virtually canonically) < Caedus

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:18 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

STFU RJ is simply hilarious.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:18 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man

see what I mean, you never admit defeat. NEVER. You just go and go and go. and you won't even accept advice.

Actually, I have. I can provide examples if you really want them.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:22 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never when it counts. Also, change your name. That's extremely important.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 08:27 PM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

(LOTF Spoiler) Bridge from NJO to LOTF and Darth Caedus

Has anyone else ever considered the significance of the final duel between Darth Caedus and Jaina Solo? In just 10 years (30 ABY - 40 ABY), the Yuuzhan Vong prophecy of the Twin Gods fighting with the fate of the galaxy in the balance came true.

I remember in the NJO that the Yuuzhan Vong were nuts about pitting Jaina and Jacen Solo against each other, as many Vong believed they were the manifestations of the Trickster goddess and the Slayer god (or whichever other deity was her brother).

After I put LOTF Invincible down, it just hit me that this battle between Jaina and her brother would happen in a much more muted fashion (i.e. Jaina wasn't really in the spotlight as she had been in NJO, and I think the eyes of the galaxy were expecting Luke to stop Caedus, not Jaina).

Last edited by SWFan4Life on Jun 4th, 2010 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:04 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by SWFan4Life
Has anyone else ever considered the significance of the final duel between Darth Caedus and Jaina Solo? In just 10 years (30 ABY - 40 ABY), the Yuuzhan Vong prophecy of the Twin Gods fighting with the fate of the galaxy in the balance came true.

I remember in the NJO that the Yuuzhan Vong were nuts about pitting Jaina and Jacen Solo against each other, as many Vong believed they were the manifestations of the Trickster goddess and the Slayer god (or whichever other deity was her brother).

After I put LOTF Invincible down, it just hit me that this battle between Jaina and her brother would happen in a much more muted fashion (i.e. Jaina wasn't really in the spotlight as she had been in NJO, and I think the eyes of the galaxy were expecting Luke to stop Caedus, not Jaina).

huh no expression

That never really connected for me. Did the Vong have any consequences predicted?

And are the Vong still in the Galaxy in some fashion?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They're....... somewhere in the galaxy. I know they've been mentioned/visited by someone.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:16 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Aren't they chillin on Zonama Sekot?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Aren't they chillin on Zonama Sekot?

Some of them are.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:49 PM