KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus: Questions about Him

Darth Caedus: Questions about Him
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
huh no expression

That never really connected for me. Did the Vong have any consequences predicted?

And are the Vong still in the Galaxy in some fashion?

Consequences? I will have to read through some of the texts.

The Vong indeed remain in the galaxy (or at least, near) for a long time after that, and are actually a big catalyst to future events in the galaxy (Legacy Comics...that's all I will say).

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 09:58 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Aren't they chillin on Zonama Sekot?

Hehe Yea! Zonama Sekot is like non-stop Woodstock 24/7. Why leave?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 10:01 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Also: He MUST change his AVATAR. MUST. It makes people forget who you are briefly.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 10:09 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

ben222
I agree with you , I am going to explain my opinion :

You don't do it nearly as well as you think you do.

quote:
ben222
It was clearly explained that luke dominated completely the duel,

confused

quote:
Me
Skywalker consistently demonstrates considerable superiority in terms of Force strength, but Caedus was able to contend and harm Luke in their duel in Inferno, despite his uncle's certain advantages.[/b]

Since Luke "dominating" the duel has nothing to do with what I said, I'll be courteous give you 24 hours to provide evidence to show that Caedus did not contend or harm Luke. If, at the end of that time, you haven't provided such evidence, then I will consider this an automatic concession on your part and you'll honor the terms of this discussion by never contacting me directly again.

Hurry up with it.

quote:
ben
furthermore, Caedus was able to contend luke only because of many objects of tortures .

You mean the environment? Which experienced and skilled Jedi and Sith are often shown exploiting to their advantage? You don't say.

quote:
ben
I didn't understand why you wrote advantages while it would be rather about disadvantages(old wounds for luke, Ben who is is really stupid during this fight...

You clearly haven't read the damn book. Do you remember how the fight starts? Luke was going to sneak up and ninjakill Caedus. It wasn't even supposed to be a duel; there was no adequate time for preparation on Caedus's part, unlike most traditional duels. Luke was clearly in a state of battle rage, which would undoubtably enhance his lethality in combat.

Battle rage + an unfair sneak assault before the fight begins = an advantage for Luke.

Ben's stupidity has nothing to do with this fight, since he attacked Caedus as well. A second party intervening on Luke's behalf? Another advantage for Luke.

quote:
Ben
What, have you ever read lotf and backlash ?
In lotf luke fights three times lumiya, the results:
2 victories for luke and an equality.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I can tell already that my interest in discussing this subject with you is fading fast; you demonstrate no relevant knowledge of the source material. In their first duel in Tempest, Luke was critically wounded and disarmed. If you'd like, I can post the relevant text. She clearly kicked his ass, demonstrating superior tactical acumen and skill in combat, for all of his vaunted power.

The fact that he won the duel is irrelevant; it ignores the context. It's rather like saying that Sidious won against Yoda, ignoring the fact that Yoda demonstrated powers and skill that were clearly equal to the Emperor's own.

Context: there was a duel, she fought harder and smarter, he was disarmed and wounded -- the duel ended there; the fight was won when he grabbed a blaster and shot her. Where was that awesome power then?

Their second duel (in Exile?) was a draw; their third duel was won simply because Lumiya lost her fvcking footing. That's it. He didn't disarm her or annihilate her with a dazzling display of skill.

quote:
ben
And this "no-name Sith Lords "was declared as powerful as Kyle Katarn or Kyp Durron, he is besides completely dominated by luke .

[Kevin Spacey]WRONG!!1![/Kevin Spacey]

Luke believed that the "no name Sith Lord" was on par with the two of them as swordsmen, not as a Force user. When you tell me how resisting telekinesis is a product of swordsmanship, I'll concede.

But you can't, so I won't.

24 hours to prove your case. Get on it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Wan't that just a tad harsh Gideon?

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:36 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the kevin spacey bit.

masterfully done.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

mattatom
Wan't that just a tad harsh Gideon?

I only tolerate the overactive egos of newcomers when they're right. From the wording of his posts, he came off with wild accusations that I am the anti-Luke and then asserted that my points were entirely without merit.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was wrong.

It's the same sort of problem HWKN demonstrates that so many people find annoying; he's unnecessarily pretentious and makes arguments about things of which he has no knowledge. The 'Empire' thread is littered with examples of him contending "NO SIDIOUS CANT DO THAT," invariably followed by "OH... WELL WHAT SOURCE?"

If you don't know what you're talking about, you need to be courteous and, if not downright submissive, at least reserved with the people who do.

You'll notice that I don't leap into a thread throwing claims and arguments left and right until I know what's going on.

But I am a master of ass covering.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the problem really, hewhoknowshowtouseastrawincatheterfetishplay never outgrew that ego problem.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Though occasionally he can be right, or at least on the right track. E.g. Mara/Vader thread.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:49 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, well I've concluded that all he wants is attention. So I'm truly done with his bullshit until he makes a public apology to the forum for his stupidity.

No moar convo's 'bout him. He duz not eggzist.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:49 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

I'm like Luke. I can still sense good in him. no expression

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:51 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's why I took him off of ignore, and tried to give him "how not to be an *******" counseling, but he waved it off. He honestly wants to come off as a retarded gay douche.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:53 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

mattatom
I'm like Luke. I can still sense good in him. no expression

...But are you willing to let me electrocute you nearly to death to prove your point?

'cuz i'll make it hurt

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:53 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

NEARLY? oh, god dammit, Gideon. I had high hopes that you could do better than that...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:57 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Gideon

At least I didn't blatantly lie like you did. You claimed that I said that Luke could "solo the Empire", but I didn't. I said that Luke + NJO Council could assassinate Sidious, and then the GFFA AND THE REST OF THE FOTJ GALAXY mops up the now-fragmented Empire.

So it isn't just Luke. It's Luke + NJO Council + the GFFA/rest of the FOTJ galaxy.

If I really am I wrong as you claim, you shouldn't have to lie to support your assertion.

Oh, and a while back I DID make an apology thread...and a lot of you laughed at it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm seriously
Considering posting in
haiku in all threads.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 11:59 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
@Gideon

At least I didn't blatantly lie like you did. You claimed that I said that Luke could "solo the Empire", but I didn't. I said that Luke + NJO Council could assassinate Sidious, and then the GFFA AND THE REST OF THE FOTJ GALAXY mops up the now-fragmented Empire.

So it isn't just Luke. It's Luke + NJO Council + the GFFA/rest of the FOTJ galaxy.

If I really am I wrong as you claim, you shouldn't have to lie to support your assertion.
Little retard boy
should shut the **** up or else
i might kill his ass.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:01 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

@One Free Man

If you were to actually read the posts that you quote, you'd realize that I'm RIGHT; Gideon DID blatantly lie.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowswhattodoifhecomesacrossaninternetpredato
r

@One Free Man

If you were to actually read the posts that you quote, you'd realize that I'm RIGHT; Gideon DID blatantly lie.
What it comes down to
is the key players would be
Sidious and Luke.

Sidious would just
easily knock off the rest
of the jedi guys,

Just like when he fought
three comparatively more
skilled enemies in

His nice office on
coruscaunt, you cock juggling
turd thief f@gg0t noob.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Moriarty on Jun 5th, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:18 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man
What it comes down to
is the key players would be
Sidious and Luke.

Sidious would just
easily knock off the rest
of the jedi guys,

Just like when he fought
three comparatively more
skilled enemies in

His nice office on
coruscaunt, you cock juggling
turd thief f@gg0t noob.

That has virtually nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:19 AM