KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus: Questions about Him

Darth Caedus: Questions about Him
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then keep your arguments grounded in ze facts, please.

Or suffer the wrath of Cthlulu.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol ok. The 'Lumiya > Sidious' was meant as a critique of the discussions I was reading in this thread (my own attempt at sarcasm). I wasn't trying to make a case for the Lum > Sid.

Sidious - deceived the galaxy, ruled until his right-hand man pussed out because of his son.

Lumiya - was a hand, and ADMITTED Sidous' superiority.

And yea, Luke is obviously one of my favorite characters. I do like seeing his shortfalls throughout the series. After all, it would be silly to make him look like some Superman, or god.

No offense meant to HWKN from my previous post.

Last edited by SWFan4Life on Jun 5th, 2010 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:20 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SWFan4Life

No offense meant to HWKN from my previous post.
as you insult him lol

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:32 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man
as you insult him lol

LOL, no really, I am just a SW fan for life, that's all! Just don't want to be compared to others!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:34 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

hewhoknowsall is the name he chose for himself.

Hewhoknowsnothing is what hwkn stands for, and is the name given to him by gideon.

hewhoknowshowtoperformsomegraphicandhomoeroticact is the name I have given to him.

each of the latter are far more appropriate.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:35 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

Originally posted by Gideon
You don't do it nearly as well as you think you do.
Since Luke "dominating" the duel has nothing to do with what I said, I'll be courteous give you 24 hours to provide evidence to show that Caedus did not contend or harm Luke. If, at the end of that time, you haven't provided such evidence, then I will consider this an automatic concession on your part and you'll honor the terms of this discussion by never contacting me directly again.
Hurry up with it.

????????
It is a threat?

You mean the environment? Which experienced and skilled Jedi and Sith are often shown exploiting to their advantage? You don't say.

their third duel was won simply because Lumiya lost her fvcking footing. That's it. He didn't disarm her or annihilate her with a dazzling display of skill.

What you say has no sense gideon, you are very very ambiguous.
Indeed, according to you, environment isn't a advantage, but you think that luke wins against lumiya because of environment.

confused confused confused confused confused

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:03 AM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ben222

I only tolerate the overactive egos of newcomers when they're right. From the wording of his posts, he came off with wild accusations that I am the anti-Luke and then asserted that my points were entirely without merit.

It is the truth, your points are entirely without merit.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:07 AM
Click here to Send ben222 a Private Message Find more posts by ben222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for not responding to the entirety of my argument.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I accept your concession.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

So much I have learned from this thread, I'm curious about this DE sidious.

were sidious non contaminated yothful clone bodies just as powerful as his original body?

How good was he with a lightsaber in de?

Also I saw a pictur of him from a comic, and he is dressed in apearel that looks like ninja garb, was this what he wore?

Can a jedi/sith tk crush some one in a saber fight? Like raise their hand and crush their neck killing them? If so why do they not do this! And how powerful would someone need to be to do this to yoda? Could de sidious do it if the plot of not being ridiculous didn't stand in his way?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 11:45 AM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Free Man
Alright, let me get down to brass taX. I'm not going to do this in the haiku style, since i'm tired and you're bullshit. your breakdown of a self created scenario is bullshit, not proof, as shown before, quite obviously. He doesn't have to be alone, either.
you forget ROTJ Sidious also has vader, boba fett, Old Mara Jade, FOTJ mara jade, and all of his imperial guards, who are pretty damn epic by themselves. We're not talking everyone vs just sidious. I'm just saying, if you get to magically transport your infallible team into sidious's throne room somehow where they all gank him, I get to teleport sidious's team in.

And since when are they all going to be in Sidious's throne room other than maybe the Imperial Guards; and Yoda knocked out two Red Guards (like Royal Guards) with a glance. Why would, say, Boba Fett be in the throne room with Sidious, and why would Boba be a significant threat to this team?

quote:

Also, who says sidious has to lightning one of them? He could lightning all of them. He had a force storm that ravaged planet's surfaces for christ's sake. One cast of that and we've got a bunch of toasted jedi.

Except that it was DE Sidious that had a Force storm that powerful, not ROTJ Sidious. And Luke can, based on his feats, block Sidious's Force lightning. Sidious's Force lightning will also be weaker if he has to spread it out among several powerful Jedi Masters. And Luke and the Council could just TK Sidious the instant the barge in.

quote:

Says who? Saber skills might not eb with time, especially with a sith as advanced as sidious. He obviously hadn't whipped out the old saber since before 25-year-old anakin was a little boy, at least not onscreen and he blitzed every jedi except mace, and then proceded to toy with mace completely, then got up and fought yoda in the same god damn night. How do you think he's going to fare against Luke's pups?

When you don't use a skill, you lose it. This is natural, regardless of whether or not you're a Force user. That is why ANH Obi Wan was weaker than ROTS Obi Wan, a thing that is stated in the book Star Wars: Death Star.

quote:

so somehow, the title of jedi master means something, and somehow they all get there alive and unharmed through whatever security/troops guard the emperor. go on... I'm sorry, did I hear someone say "mace windu did the exact same thing only better and without meld?" cause he did. How do you know all the NJO can perform mind meld at once? hmmmmm??? is there some point where they do this?

1. Grand Master Luke > any incarnation of Sidious in lightsaber combat. Unless if you show me a time where Sidious defeats thousands of troops the level of YV warriors.

2. Luke has used Battle Meld with Kyp and Kyle before, as well as Jaina and Jacen; I'll admit that I don't have evidence with me to say that he can use it with as many people as the entire Council, but if not, they can have separate Battle Melds. Luke without Battle Meld is still > Sidious.

quote:

Also, it's an ancient practice... why doesn't sidious do it with his home dogs if its so great?

I don't remember any situation in which Sidious had the opportunity to do this, nor am I aware of showing in which Sidious actually knows how to use Battle Meld.

quote:

Alright, so wait, what's the official scenario your going with? how do luke and company get there?

EDIT: also, meld doesn't make you hit faster, it makes more than one jedi move as one being, with perfect team work.

Luke either cloaks the team (he's done this before) or uses illusions to disguise their identity (he's done this before). He uses the Force to bypass electronic security (many Jedi have done this before). They bust into the throne room and pwn Sidious.

Which is an advantage of Luke and the Council. Sidious will face a very coordinated attack from 12+ Jedi Masters, one of which is Sidious's superior.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You do realise that he's been banned for a solid month right? So don't go expecting an answer. erm

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
You do realise that he's been banned for a solid month right? So don't go expecting an answer. erm

lol yeah, I didn't notice that until after I posted my rebuttal.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

BW
So much I have learned from this thread, I'm curious about this DE sidious.

k

quote:
BW
were sidious non contaminated yothful clone bodies just as powerful as his original body?

No, none of his clone bodies were equipped to handle his dark side essence for long.

quote:
BW
How good was he with a lightsaber in de?

He defeated Luke on Byss and, shortly afterwards, lost to Luke aboard the Eclipse (under suspicious circumstances).

I wouldn't say he's necessarily any better than what he used to be, but I suppose he could have trained.

quote:
BW
Also I saw a pictur of him from a comic, and he is dressed in apearel that looks like ninja garb, was this what he wore?

prolly

quote:
BW
Can a jedi/sith tk crush some one in a saber fight? Like raise their hand and crush their neck killing them? If so why do they not do this! And how powerful would someone need to be to do this to yoda? Could de sidious do it if the plot of not being ridiculous didn't stand in his way?

Force barriers and shields that trained Force users have around their persons at all times. It takes concentrated effort/superior power to breach one.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:49 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Destiny's Way Chapter 26
Jacen felt rage building in him, a red fury that was his response to his own despair. The blaster hummed empty and he threw it at the warrior. And then he remembered the power he could call upon, the power fueled by the kind of despair and anger he felt now and had felt before, and he hurled it at the warrior, the brilliant emerald fire that lanced from his fingertips.

The Force lightning threw the first rank of Yuuzhan Vong back into their comrades, and in the confusion Jacen launched another blaze of fire. He hadn't killed them - the murderous form of lightning was a dark side weapon - but they wouldn't be waking for a long time.

In this instance it isn't lethal, but I hadn't been aware that someone other than Luke had ever used the power at all.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eminence
In this instance it isn't lethal, but I hadn't been aware that someone other than Luke had ever used the power at all.

Easily the second or third best novel of the NJO. It goes onto suggest that Jacen could have made it lethal.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:47 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
He hadn't killed them - the murderous form of lightning was a dark side weapon

I took this to mean he would need the Force-lightning to kill them.

If there's a pertinent passage later in the book, I would've missed it; I just Ctrl+F'd "green" after looking at his page on Wiki.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

E
I took this to mean he would need the Force-lightning to kill them.

quote:
The Force lightning threw the first rank of Yuuzhan Vong back into their comrades, and in the confusion Jacen launched another blaze of fire. He hadn't killed them - the murderous form of lightning was a dark side weapon - but they wouldn't be waking for a long time.

The phrasing indicates a choice: Jacen had not killed them and the narrative offers an explanation: the lightning's "murderous form" was a dark side weapon. His decision to use the mild form was a moral one, clearly not because he lacked the ability to wield it like Luke did.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 07:54 PM
Board Walker

So is the lightening jacen did rare or different from the lightening most sith use?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

The phrasing indicates a choice: Jacen had not killed them and the narrative offers an explanation: the lightning's "murderous form" was a dark side weapon. His decision to use the mild form was a moral one, clearly not because he lacked the ability to wield it like Luke did.

Question, Gideon. Does the Force Lightning have to be more intense than usual to truly be lethal to the Vong because of their stripped Force nature? I recall reading throughout the NJO, that whenever Jedi would use Force powers against them, it would be muddled or dampened.

However, I do recall the brief instance in Star by Star when Jaina had briefly fallen to the dark after Anakin Solo's death, and punched a hole through a Vong with Force Lightning. It seems that though Force TK and such were dampened against the Vong, Force Lightning could still work (maybe because it was the Force materialized into physical energy?)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 08:13 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That's an oxymoron, n'est-ce pas?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote