KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » New Thundercats

New Thundercats
Started by: Kento

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It's actually got quite a bit of Fridge Brilliance in it. The last episode left Lion-O feeling more cautious and it left him running away, because he saw how much danger he was putting his friends in. Emrick dying helped him come to understand it and accept that you have to live life to the fullest. Granted, maybe he could have picked a better time to do that but he is young. stick out tongue

That is one of the few episodes I haven't seen. Mostly cause I is supporting the official release.

Favorite Thundercat?

The previous episode was the Rammlak one right? Wasn't that the one where Lion-O realized the value of comrades? Can't recall that ep well enough. >__> Though you're probably right.
Heh, yeah. "Teenagers."

Which episode?

Lion-O. Wilykit for a close second.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 06:42 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
The previous episode was the Rammlak one right? Wasn't that the one where Lion-O realized the value of comrades? Can't recall that ep well enough. >__> Though you're probably right.
Heh, yeah. "Teenagers."

Which episode?

Lion-O. Wilykit for a close second.

Si yeah. That is the one that probably makes people hate Lion-O the most.
Cept Panthro. He's just manly.

Any dealing with the Elephants. stick out tongue

Hmm...you know I probably agree.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 07:07 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Si yeah. That is the one that probably makes people hate Lion-O the most.
Cept Panthro. He's just manly.

Any dealing with the Elephants. stick out tongue

Hmm...you know I probably agree.

It was like a complete turnaround. Dude goes from caring about oppressed and ridiculed lizards, to not giving a damn if his own companions got killed. Thankfully, it was temporary, and I don't believe he displays the same attitude in any other episode. Dude had just lost his father and his entire kingdom.
Yeah. Nunchuks. His acrophobia was a hoot though.

They're ossum though. Easily the best race. :O

Sweet. Third for me is prolly Panthro. Least favourite would be Tygra. That should be no surprise to you.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 08:34 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It was like a complete turnaround. Dude goes from caring about oppressed and ridiculed lizards, to not giving a damn if his own companions got killed. Thankfully, it was temporary, and I don't believe he displays the same attitude in any other episode. Dude had just lost his father and his entire kingdom.
Yeah. Nunchuks. His acrophobia was a hoot though.

They're ossum though. Easily the best race. :O

Sweet. Third for me is prolly Panthro. Least favourite would be Tygra. That should be no surprise to you.

Indeed. But I'm glad they did it because it felt like something you could see happen. As opposed to Leah and Luke not being all that mad when their planet and family was killed respectively. That always bugged me.
Doesn't stop him from being bawss.

Better than the Petlars? O:

I actually may like Cheetara more....maybe*. And yeah, even though he has a really sympathetic backstory, Tygra comes off as really mean spirited at times. I don't dislike him though.

Jaga is an honorable mention for being made of pure testosterone and awesome.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 08:43 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Indeed. But I'm glad they did it because it felt like something you could see happen. As opposed to Leah and Luke not being all that mad when their planet and family was killed respectively. That always bugged me.
Doesn't stop him from being bawss.

Better than the Petlars? O:

I actually may like Cheetara more....maybe*. And yeah, even though he has a really sympathetic backstory, Tygra comes off as really mean spirited at times. I don't dislike him though.

Jaga is an honorable mention for being made of pure testosterone and awesome.

True. Would have been stupid if he didn't have a reaction of some sort.
Makes him a source of humour though. That's good.

Yep.

As of Native Son, I don't dislike him either. He's just my least favourite.

Yeah. Leo was pretty bawss too. Claudius looked absolutely badass.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 09:44 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So...as a whole, this or Korra?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 10:39 PM
dadudemon

Def Korra.

However, Thundercats is, at times, quite enjoyable.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 10:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Dunno. Korra on the whole has been enjoyable and good, with the exception of most of the season finale. Action in Thundercats is nowhere near as good, and Korra's humour is better. Both have oppresion/segregation of the weak as a major theme, and I think it is handled better in Legend of Korra. I probably like Amon and Tenzin more than any other character in Korra or Thundercats, though Thundercats IMO has a wider variety of characters.

I'd pick Thundercats though. Like I said, I watched 20 episodes back-to-back. Wouldn't have done the same thing with Korra, even if it did have 20 episodes.
I'm a bigger fan of the original Thundercats than I am of Avatar: TLAB. Plus, that Petalars episode.
Who knows though, if later Korra episodes are handled better, I could change my stance.

You?

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 11:20 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Korra on the whole has been enjoyable and good
Action in Thundercats is nowhere near as good
Korra's humour is better.
Both have oppresion/segregation of the weak as a major theme, and I think it is handled better in Legend of Korra.
I probably like Amon and Tenzin more than any other character in Korra or Thundercats

Thundercats IMO has a wider variety of characters.
I'm a bigger fan of the original Thundercats than I am of Avatar: TLAB.

I'd pick Thundercats

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 11:57 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by marwash22

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 12:08 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

why would i need to deal with your horrible decision making? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 12:11 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

You're right. It is clearly far too advanced for your Avatard mind.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 01:30 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Dunno. Korra on the whole has been enjoyable and good, with the exception of most of the season finale. Action in Thundercats is nowhere near as good, and Korra's humour is better. Both have oppresion/segregation of the weak as a major theme, and I think it is handled better in Legend of Korra. I probably like Amon and Tenzin more than any other character in Korra or Thundercats, though Thundercats IMO has a wider variety of characters.

I'd pick Thundercats though. Like I said, I watched 20 episodes back-to-back. Wouldn't have done the same thing with Korra, even if it did have 20 episodes.
I'm a bigger fan of the original Thundercats than I am of Avatar: TLAB. Plus, that Petalars episode.
Who knows though, if later Korra episodes are handled better, I could change my stance.

You?

I don't really agree about Korra handling the segregation theme better since...well by the end of it it doesn't seem like anyone cared about what the Equalists had to say. I can agree about the action sequences(I honestly struggle to remember many fight scenes for Thundercats). Humor?...eh, both were hit and miss for me in that area. I guess Korra takes it there though.

I do like Thundercats as well over all.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 03:38 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Sure, by the end of it. It was largely forgotten in the last 3 episodes or so.
The end result was far better in Thundercats (multiple animal races coming together due to Lion-O's actions), as opposed to Korra's where it is revealed that Amon really wants to end the art of bending, as opposed to helping the non-benders.
Still think it was handled better in Korra though. Or maybe I'm just remembering how it was handled incorrectly. Could be the case. Need to rewatch the season.
Action in Thundercats is largely boring. I think the Duelist and Swordmaster episode was the one with the best action, and it didn't involve guns, beams or shields.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 04:25 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I can remember other action scenes I liked better but that is besides the point.

But what does Thundercats have that puts it above Korra? You didn't do a good job of explaining why you picked it. :P

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 05:01 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I can remember other action scenes I liked better but that is besides the point.

But what does Thundercats have that puts it above Korra? You didn't do a good job of explaining why you picked it. :P

Thundercats has Robo-Lion-o witht the lazer sword.

But Korra takes the action sequences. Still Mum-ra looks pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 11:15 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Korra and Amon have more mentions in this thread than any character from the actual show... just sayin'.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 11:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by AuraAngel

Thought I had responded to this. >__>

Cats, a better storyline, Cats, lesser focus on romance, Cats, a better finale, and Cats. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 10:46 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Im not a fan. Tried I just can't get into it. Glad some people enjoy it. For me I will stick to the original on dvd lol

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 01:19 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Been buying the dvd volumes because I can never make the damn show when it comes on. So far, haven't been let down. I love the animation style.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 05:15 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote