KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Are You Tired of Seeing Dick Grayson as Batman?

Are You Tired of Seeing Dick Grayson as Batman?
Started by: BlazeDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by colossulrage
i like the new spin grayson has brought to being batman i wouldnt mind him being batman for awhile longer

Me neither. He's been a nice change, and isn't going psycho like Jean Paul Valley did once upon a time.

Wouldn't it be cool to see Marvel & DC do a crossover now, with Bucky as Cap and Dick as Bats? They did one once with the Punisher, when JPV had the cowl.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 06:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

hahaha this thread looks funny from the oustide. Are you tired of seeing Dick?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 08:44 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Deadline

That's what I said laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 08:56 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That's what I said laughing

Ditto. laughing out loud

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 11:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jason Todd

i thought it was stupid for him to become batman...he left batman and finally got out of Bruce's shadow then he becomes night wing he is a solid hero character by himself then he becomes batman...it's like takeing steps backwards......i mean now he truly live in batmans shadow and it's huge now....way bigger then before because he knows what batman is and now he has to live up to it.

He really should have just stayed nightwing.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:18 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i thought it was stupid for him to become batman...he left batman and finally got out of Bruce's shadow then he becomes night wing he is a solid hero character by himself then he becomes batman...it's like takeing steps backwards......i mean now he truly live in batmans shadow and it's huge now....way bigger then before because he knows what batman is and now he has to live up to it.

He really should have just stayed nightwing.

So who is supposed to be Batman when Bruce isn't there?

There has to be someone worthy enough to take the mantle, to keep the legend going. Dick is the most deserving.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 03:11 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jason Todd

Originally posted by roughrider
So who is supposed to be Batman when Bruce isn't there?

There has to be someone worthy enough to take the mantle, to keep the legend going. Dick is the most deserving.

i whole heartily agree with both of your points......but....

1. he's not the detective Bruce was
2. I don't feel he could use Bruce's "method's" properly
3. He makes a way better Nightwing then Batman
4. I feel that for this personal character(Batman)Bruce is the only one to fit the shoes because Batman was created through all the "trials" bruce had undertaken.

5. I can handle Terry as Batman Beyond but that's because Bruce is to old to keep the mantle(even thought mentally he still does). I mean he's still their watching, helping, teaching terry about everything including the detective part.

Besides terry is basically Bruce only one small difference.

EDIT:maybe two

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:53 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Well im going to add my 2cents...I don't know about you but personally im sick and tired of seeing dick. I wish Badabing would stop waving his dick around and put it back in his pants for **** sake! miffed: sick

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 03:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i whole heartily agree with both of your points......but....

1. he's not the detective Bruce was
2. I don't feel he could use Bruce's "method's" properly
3. He makes a way better Nightwing then Batman
4. I feel that for this personal character(Batman)Bruce is the only one to fit the shoes because Batman was created through all the "trials" bruce had undertaken.

5. I can handle Terry as Batman Beyond but that's because Bruce is to old to keep the mantle(even thought mentally he still does). I mean he's still their watching, helping, teaching terry about everything including the detective part.

Besides terry is basically Bruce only one small difference.

EDIT:maybe two

That's not answering the question, really.

Bruce is not Batman right now. And I'm sure he wants someone to carry on the mantle when he can't - whether he gets too old (like Batman Beyond), or is killed in the line of action (as is the present case.) I don't think the answer is no one should do it, except Bruce.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 06:19 PM
BlackZero30x
Jason Todd

Originally posted by roughrider
That's not answering the question, really.

Bruce is not Batman right now. And I'm sure he wants someone to carry on the mantle when he can't - whether he gets too old (like Batman Beyond), or is killed in the line of action (as is the present case.) I don't think the answer is no one should do it, except Bruce.

well I think that if there is a "just in case" batman it needs to be someone that can act as Bruce did while he was batman.

because IMO a big part of being Batman is his personality.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 06:33 PM
Badabing
LiZod

Well im going to add my 2cents...I don't know about you but personally im sick and tired of seeing dick. I wish Badabing would stop waving his dick around and put it back in his pants for **** sake! miffed: sick
Then stop peering through my window. And as you witnessed, your girlfriend likes the way I wave.

Sig by Rao Kal El

http///www.raptorrules.com

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 04:53 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Badabing
Then stop peering through my window. And as you witnessed, your girlfriend likes the way I wave.

I was peering through your window but the only reason why we knew you had a dick in the first place was because my girl was using a telescope.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 04:27 PM
Badabing
LiZod

I was peering through your window but the only reason why we knew you had a dick in the first place was because my girl was using a telescope.

A telescope is used to see massive objects from large distances in the depths of space. So thanks, the comparison is accurate. Massive object = my "member". Large distance = UK to USA.

Also, warned for mod bashing and spamming.

Sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 05:46 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

A telescope is used to see massive objects from large distances in the depths of space. So thanks, the comparison is accurate. Massive object = my "member". Large distance = UK to USA.

Also, warned for mod bashing and spamming.

Who said I was in the UK? It was some hi-tech zoom in shit like what satelittes got.

Oh and the micronauts said they couldn't find your dick.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 06:29 PM
Badabing
LiZod

Who said I was in the UK? It was some hi-tech zoom in shit like what satelittes got.

Oh and the micronauts said they couldn't find your dick.

Ah, yeah.

Anyway, I've edited the title so let's get back to the topic.

Sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 08:17 PM
namorsubby

Dick has his own mantle and has for some time, Nightwing. Bruce doesn't need to transcend the Batman mantle like Cap, he needs to take his rightful place, and Dick needs to do the same.

and I guess Tim can just stay Red Robin.lol

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 07:03 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Ah, yeah.

foreshame Bada.... foreshame.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 04:01 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Ah, yeah.

Sorry too much herochat. sad

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 08:27 AM
Badabing
LiZod

Originally posted by jinzin
foreshame Bada.... foreshame.
Fine, I've edited the title back!

Sorry too much herochat. sad
Stop slumming it over at that place!

Sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 03:26 PM
jinzin

Fine, I've edited the title back!

Stop slumming it over at that place!

laughing out loud

Now THAT'S how you mod Goddammit!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 01:37 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote