KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official Transformers 3 Discussion Thread

Official Transformers 3 Discussion Thread
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

Seen em on Amazon. You may have some joy there.
(I need 3 and 4 to complete my First prints)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 09:47 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I know! They're just there mocking me. Next time I have some freeplay with my paycheck, I may pick some up.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 10:18 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 12:31 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Better than Linkin f**king Park.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 11:20 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Course it is, they're Powerglove.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 09:43 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This movie surpasses $1 Billion Worldwide

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...llion-worldwide

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 01:07 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

So do sewerage charges.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 06:54 PM
super pr*xy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
This movie surpasses $1 Billion Worldwide

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...llion-worldwide

that's because bay made a deal with the devil..

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 08:26 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8luesteel

I lovwd it when bunble bee hit that tone dexepticon and then he transfromred. it was in teh third movie

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 04:18 AM
8luesteel is currently offline Click here to Send 8luesteel a Private Message Find more posts by 8luesteel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominic EX2

I loved every bits of Dark of the Moon. I just wished that there were more lines from other Autobots especially the Wreckers.

I liked how they made a conspiracy on man's first flight on the moon.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 12:57 PM
Dominic EX2 is currently offline Click here to Send Dominic EX2 a Private Message Find more posts by Dominic EX2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pallas

Why does Optimus get his butt whipped so much?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 03:24 PM
Pallas is currently offline Click here to Send Pallas a Private Message Find more posts by Pallas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He got his ass whipped from the 4th issue of the comics. (8th issue for UK readers)

Shockwave pwned him and the remaining earthbound Autobots at the conclusion of the original miniseries run.
Then he spent ages decapitated as Shockwave's hostage (Shock wave keeping his seperated yet conscious head as a trophy whilst extracting the energy of the creation Matrix in Prime's head to give life to the then new decepticons, the Constructicons and Jetfire.
Prime gets his head back and then is leader for a bit, then he got disappeared via mass displacement/exchange and went missing, when Galvatron, Scourge and Cyclonus came back from 2006 where he was killed by Megatron... after his return from that he leads again for a short while, and fakes his own death, goes to Cyberton where everyone thinks he was dead, and nearly kill him for being an imposter...
He gets back to earth, leads for a bit again, and is then killed when he faces off in a gamble against Megatron ina VR game, and Megatron cheats and Prime is destroyed....his personality is copied to a back up disc and later he comes back with a rebuilt body as Powermaster Prime, Binary bonded to the nebulan, Hi-Q.
This was all in like 4 years...and it just continued on and on like that.
Maybe the whippings are kinda traditional for Prime.

Maybe its a "only the toughest will truly endure" kinda thing.
(After all he was alive at the end of the 332 issues of the UK comic run)
Like the G1 - Powermaster upgrade thing, sometimes those "deaths"/rebuildings were deemed as neccesary to sell a new version whatver new Prime figure was released, I guess. A trend that continues these days, from what Ive seen.
(I mean: Look at how Bay kills him in ROTF only for him to come back with added Jetfire bolt-on shit... and how that version of Prime was different to DOTM prime (Different figure for each movie.) Good old fashioned consumerism...

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 13th, 2011 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 02:52 PM
darthmaul1

Problems with transformers 3

PROBLEM #1 – WHY SHOOT SENTINEL PRIME DOWN?
In the movie we see that Sentinel Prime is escaping from Cybertron and the Decepticons with his pillars. During the escape, the Decepticons shoot his ship out of the sky causing it to hurl through the galaxy and crash landing on earth’s moon. But later in the film we learn Sentinel had defected to the Decepticons and had arranged with Megatron to meet up with him on earth. HUH!?!?! So why the hell did the Decepticons shoot his ship down?
PROBLEM #2 – HOW COULD MEGATRON MAKE A DEAL WITH PRIME WHEN HE WAS FROZEN IN ICE?
In Transformers 3 we learn that Megatron and Sentinel Prime made a deal and a plan to meet up on earth and Sentinel was on his way there to meet Megatron when the Decepticons inexplicably (see problem #1) shot him down. The problem is that according to the first Transformers movie, Megatron crashed on earth A LONG TIME AGO… like 1000 years ago. So how did this plan get hatched between him and Sentinel when he’s been frozen in Earth’s ice for that long?
PROBLEM #3 – IF THE DECEPTICONS WON THE WAR, WHY IS CYBERTRON BARREN?
The Transformers movies up to this point had suggested that the Autobot/Decepticon war had driven them to mutual near extinction and thus Cybertron was nothing but a barren waste. But in Transformers 3 the narrative tells us that the final Autobots were fleeing because the Decepticons had clearly won. If they clearly won… why was Cybertron barren?
PROBLEM #4 – WAIT, WHAT ABOUT THE SHIP THEY TOOK TO THE MOON?
Near the end of the film the humans tell they Autobots they had to leave earth, to which Sam replies “they have no way to leave earth”. WHAT!?!?! Just 30 minutes earlier we see Optimus Prime and Wratchet fly to the moon in a ship to recover Sentinel Prime.
PROBLEM #5 – WHY DID SENTINEL DECLINE THE MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP?
In one of the better moments in the film, Optimus kneels down before Sentinel Prime and offers him back the Autobot Matrix of Leadership… his greatest source of power. At the time it was touching that Sentinel declined to take it… but once we learned that Sentinel had betrayed the Autobots and was planning on destroying them and enslaving the earth it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Problem 6.
I'd this plan was in place why not go get sentinel and all the other decepticons on the moon in the first movie???

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Sep 27th, 2011 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 09:00 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

A good list but you missed out problems 7 through 4,096.

stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 09:30 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A good list but you missed out problems 7 through 4,096.

stick out tongue

LOL! Yes there are many others. I just don't understand how so many people thought this was way better than the 2nd movie? If the 2nd was a 0/10 this is a 1.

Even when Apollo 11 lands on the moon and they purposely loose contact. Which is fine they stupidly put Walter kronkite saying Apollo 11 is on the dark side of the moon!! No they frigin aren't that would of already happened before they landed.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 04:49 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It was marked as a better film than two (not difficult) , I think cause the action was better.
Not because of it being any more intellectually forfilling.
Only explanation.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 06:09 PM
Scythe
The Goat

This movie is just fine, redeemed the second one. Those expecting good storylines were just putting false hope in em since it's still a Bay movie. Alot of bullcrap is even explained in the movie-tie in comics, but nobody reads those, so it just makes it easier to picky-pick. My hopes for this movie was to see Prime kick muthaf*ckin' ass, after he did, my capital boner and I ravaged the missus in a primal rage. That's a M.A. for me.

Some of you mo'fos on here, Sadako for instance, hate on these films for an alright reason. Like, I understand where he's coming from, it's not just salty tears of butt-hurtness because obviously they could've done a better job so they seek refuge in their silly fanfics that hardly get attention. If a better director were at the helm, I think we'de all be ripping this film to shreds, but instead, we know it's Bay, why complain?

I think what's made me facepalm the most are other forum members on other boards who have wished to boycott the film cuz they made a movie about a kid's first car and his adventures with the Transformer name tagged to it when day one of filming the first film, Bay/Spielberg said it was gonna be a movie about...... Yeah. What it was, haha. It should've been just about Transformers, but we can't always get what we want.

I figure, if we had an all CGI film with nothin' but robots, it'll be deemed childish, a sequel would never pop up, and forget having a mature storyline since most CGI crap in theaters is aimed at small children. It would be cool though, and we have the '86 film for that, but on the big screen, highy doubt it.

Last edited by Scythe on Sep 30th, 2011 at 08:45 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 08:43 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Why thank you for the recognition. And good work on teaming up with the boner. Hopefully she was not only ravaged, but rumbled and frenzied too... stick out tongue
At least Bay genuinely accomplished something. lol

IMO Good movies should be complete or at least self contained without third party marketted BS.
EU is fine, but if Luke turned up at Bespin in ESB, and we then cut to Lando's mate's mundane organisational activities at the gas-spinning plant for the next 20 mins, having to read in a comic what went down between Vader and himself, after Luke emerges armless and shocked, I'd have been plenty curious and pissed.
'Curipissed' or 'Pissedious', if you will.

I like EU to take new directions at looking at characters, not to be used as a superglue for broken movies.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 07:16 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Why thank you for the recognition. And good work on teaming up with the boner. Hopefully she was not only ravaged, but rumbled and frenzied too... stick out tongue
At least Bay genuinely accomplished something. lol

IMO Good movies should be complete or at least self contained without third party marketted BS.
EU is fine, but if Luke turned up at Bespin in ESB, and we then cut to Lando's mate's mundane organisational activities at the gas-spinning plant for the next 20 mins, having to read in a comic what went down between Vader and himself, after Luke emerges armless and shocked, I'd have been plenty curious and pissed.
'Curipissed' or 'Pissedious', if you will.

I like EU to take new directions at looking at characters, not to be used as a superglue for broken movies.

I agree 100%, but with everyone/everything trying to cash in for some quick $$$, we'll often times get the complete opposite sadly. This is something that has plagued Transformers for years and years along with goddamn scalpers.

Which I think are two problems with possible solutions. We wouldn't get so much non-film extended crap if we don't buy it, we wouldn't have scalpers if we didn't entertain the purchase of their goods, but they'll always be there, kinda like herpes.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:46 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I dont buy it. Yet these piss poor excuses for allegedly complete movies are still released, as is the elastoplastic bandaid garbage they know that the undiscerning 70% will buy no matter how principled the other 30% are..

The cashcow moos on.. grazing on fields of the green in people's wallets regardless of how many people object.

Licences to previously good names/ideas will be continually bought up by the greedy studios* against a projected return based on the automatic acceptance of those who will literally buy anything emblazoned with the name of whatever franchise it is.

* greedy status determined by the low quality output for the money they expect back.....not including Christopher Nolan's Batman movie etc

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Oct 1st, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:33 PM