KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 177 178 [179] 180 181 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Ready for the Saviors to go... I mean really a couple of guerilla style ambushs could have ****ed them up a while ago... But this whole army vs army non sense is getting old.

And will ricks hand fall off already?

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 08:06 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Great finale, imo. Whether it was worth the wait/buildup from so-so previous episodes is debatable, but I really enjoyed it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 02:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Was nice to see that smug smile get wiped off Negan's face for a change.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 08:04 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aye.

"THEY GOT A ****ING TIGER!
Taste that Simon? That's what shit tastes like"

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 08:15 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That was one of the most Poorly Directed and Choreographed Gun Battles I have ever seen. Funny as hell though.

Liked how Rick can shake off getting shot in the stomach like that.

And wow. If you want to survive being on the Saviors. Don't ever stand behind Negan.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:07 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He was shot in the side.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 02:31 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

yeah, it was a graze.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 03:59 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

He still took it like a wussy.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 04:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So... does anyone feel any emotional attachment to any character anymore? I was happy they got rid of Sasha and was really hoping they'd offed Michonne. I think the last death I cared about was Shane's in season 2.

Iunno, maybe if Carl died I'd care. He actually took the initiative and shot that guy soon as he got the chance.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 04:52 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So... does anyone feel any emotional attachment to any character anymore? I was happy they got rid of Sasha and was really hoping they'd offed Michonne. I think the last death I cared about was Shane's in season 2.

Iunno, maybe if Carl died I'd care. He actually took the initiative and shot that guy soon as he got the chance.

Man I'm still pissed about Shane...
Shane would've been running the whole East coast by now...

The remaining characters simply make dumb choices for plot sake that's why I don't really care if they die. Earlier season characters were the best

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 06:39 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Still care about Carl, Michonne, and such, but Sasha I couldn't care less about. Her arc was dragged out longer than I could stand, but at least she had a better sendoff than most, becoming a walker and leaping on Negan. I liked Shane, but he was a dick and didn't really feel that much when he died (different strokes I guess). Merle on the other hand...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 04:30 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Ready for the Saviors to go... I mean really a couple of guerilla style ambushs could have ****ed them up a while ago... But this whole army vs army non sense is getting old.

And will ricks hand fall off already?

I think that it would have been wiser to just have Negan be defeated in the finale, rather than dragging this on into another season. Having Maggie, Jesus, and Ezekiel show up, save Rick, and capture and/or execute Negan, similar to how the Vale rescued Jon from Ramsay, would have been a perfect way to end the Saviors arc and an immensely satisfying episode.

Instead, it's all buildup for a tedious season long war that is only happening because his plot armor allowed him to escape the first battle. I think what is also turning viewers off is the comics, in that it is known by show fans that in the comics this all ends with Rick essentially just reasoning with the Saviors in how unnecessary the war is, and capturing rather than executing Negan, which given Negan's cruelty on the show would be an unsatisfactory ending and absolute ***** move by Rick. The fact that it will take another tedious season to reach this makes it worse.

Quite simply, it's Negan fatigue. I'm hard pressed to think of any show that has had the same main villain for nearly 3 straight seasons. Even shows that do have long standing villains have other rival factions of villains (such as GOT, which simultaneously had the Lannisters, Boltons, White Walkers, Wildings, etc.). With this it's just nothing but Negan and his garbage mercenaries.

People just want to see Negan dead by this point. Note that he is the longest running villain this series has ever had. Even the Governor was only around for season and a half. As of this point, they've been fighting the Saviors since Season 6 and the war will probably take up the entirety of Season 8. .

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 08:28 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It looks like I was right on the ****ing money. Dear heavens this guy is unbelievably pitiful when challenged directly. I mean he had to be saved multiple times and by a mere zombie. He was taken back by a woman he just met who had nothing but contempt for the man. He just has numbers and that's exactly what I said from the onset. The numbers are way down as well. Negan is just stale and nauseating.

I can't believe he has as many fanboys when he's always been annoying.

Ps. Governor would stomp a mud hole into this ******.

Pps. Rick looked him dead in the eye and was unfazed by Negan as I predicted.

How does reality taste, naysayers ? wink

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 09:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The **ratings are way down as well.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 10:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Best part was the "shocked" look on Rick's face when the Garbage Queen double crossed him. God Rick is a F-ing Moron.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 10:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

She was trash and Rick made up for it with his unwavering animosity for Negan.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 10:48 PM
Flyattractor

So are the Trash People supposed to be the Whispers from the Comics?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 11:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So are the Trash People supposed to be the Whispers from the Comics?
I do not read the comics.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 02:04 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

You'd have to be pretty stupid to trust people who swim around in garbage and talk like they never interacted with people despite the fact only a couple of years have passed since the apocalypse.

Rick is one dumb ****

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 04:15 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
You'd have to be pretty stupid to trust people who swim around in garbage and talk like they never interacted with people despite the fact only a couple of years have passed since the apocalypse.

Rick is one dumb ****

To be fair, it was after a failed attempt at an alliance with a guy who talks like he worked at Medieval Times (and who ended up saving his ass). And at least he grew some balls. I think Negan suspected that he'd break down into a mess again, like he did during their first encounter. Honestly, if anyone is an idiot, it's Negan. His ego and theatrics nearly got him killed, and forced him and his Saviors to run away like a bunch of little bitches.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 05:30 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote