KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 180 181 [182] 183 184 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Cracked article discussing why the show is starting to feel so stale and boring.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 07:42 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If it wasn't for the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gabriel/Gregory thing, the whole encounter would have pretty much been a flawless victory for Rick. But the writers had to do something to balance things out more. At the end of the last season, Negan still had a significant advantage in resources and manpower compared to Rick and co. I suspect the difference will be much smaller after having to deal with a horde on their doorstep.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 04:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

a flawless victory would have been shooting Negan in the face while he was out in the open with nothing but a ****ing baseball bat... but no, the season can't just be one episode.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:51 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
a flawless victory would have been shooting Negan in the face while he was out in the open with nothing but a ****ing baseball bat... but no, the season can't just be one episode.

That's way too easy and obvious. I mean a TWD flawless victory i.e. the most competent type of victory you can realistically expect from one of these groups while also factoring in PIS. I did find it amusing how Rick eventually started spraying bullets at them without real warning, yet seemingly failed to hit a single one of them before they could make it through the doorway.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Funny how that seems to happen when they try to shoot living people. When they are shooting at zombies they can pull off nigh impossible shots ,
but they can't hit a barn when its the living.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

they should have ended this show a long time ago, twd has been slow and boring for the last few seasons

i phucking hate twd and amc at this point, just terrible writing

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:47 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
"Fat" in terms of a retired athlete. JDM is so frail looking I think any of the women could take him one on one.

Yeah, said the same to my friends when we watched, he looks extremely lean, almost frail now, when he's normally a pretty stocky guy I thought. He looks like he could be sick.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Haven't started watching the new season yet, is it worth watching?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:56 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It’s off to a solid start so far, but whether that remains the case is yet to be seen...

If we’re being honest, the show had a certain drop in quality at least as far back as season 3, but there’s some things I like enough to keep watching. I guess watching it as long as we have, have been invested too long at this point to just drop it like I could and have with other shows after a few or couple seasons. I think it would be fair to end the show after the current arc though, all things considered, and I agree with the posted Cracked article for the most part.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 12:07 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, said the same to my friends when we watched, he looks extremely lean, almost frail now, when he's normally a pretty stocky guy I thought. He looks like he could be sick.

Yeah, honestly, as someone who has watched him on Supernatural, and in various films, such as Watchmen, The Losers etc. he looks shockingly thin at this point. As you mentioned, he used to look pretty sturdy. Like here, for example:

(please log in to view the image)

I mean he is not super ripped, but he still looks solid. Now, he looks almost sickly.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:10 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, honestly, as someone who has watched him on Supernatural, and in various films, such as Watchmen, The Losers etc. he looks shockingly thin at this point. As you mentioned, he used to look pretty sturdy. Like here, for example:

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8c/1e/5a/8c1e5a1f4cd456f721e62129d424cacf--the-comedian-matthew-goode.jpg[/IMG

I mean he is not super ripped, but he still looks solid. Now, he looks almost sickly.
Agreed. I get he's older these days but even a little fat to fill out the jacket would be an improvement. I can overlook it since I love the actor but he's not usually this thin looking.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 04:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm actually interested in seeing more of the red handled machete.
The first chapter was hella intense, with trying to get it out of the package while being attacked.
And then the epic fail just made me go '...dammit, guy!'

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

If it wasn't for the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gabriel/Gregory thing, the whole encounter would have pretty much been a flawless victory for Rick. But the writers had to do something to balance things out more. At the end of the last season, Negan still had a significant advantage in resources and manpower compared to Rick and co. I suspect the difference will be much smaller after having to deal with a horde on their doorstep.

If anything, Gabriel should have the advantage in this situation given he has an assault rifle, but Negan must live...

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 12:21 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Lestov16
If anything, Gabriel should have the advantage in this situation given he has an assault rifle, but Negan must live...

Yeah, my first reaction was, "You hear Negan's voice in the dark and you are holding a rifle, you fire at the sound." But that would also be a reactive decision. I doubt Negan will harm Gabriel (at least at the moment). Anyone who has been living in that universe for a while knows that when a herd comes through, the more people you have to help you get through them, the better. The dead become a common enemy under those circumstances. Can go back to killing each other afterwards.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 03:08 AM
Flyattractor

Yeah, my first reaction was, "You hear Negan's voice in the dark and you are holding a rifle, you fire at the sound."

Depends on the rifle I am holding TBH. That is really more of a Shot Gun Scenario.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:34 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Season 8 Episode 2

All action. All the time.

The creators took heed to the complaints of the last season being boring and have come out guns blazing. The end to the show made it perfect.

Last edited by LordofBrooklyn on Oct 30th, 2017 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:02 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This just means the next 2 or 3 episodes will be slow and boring.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 04:06 AM
riv6672

Season 8 Episode 2

All action. All the time.

The creators took heed to the complaints of the last season being boring and have come out guns blazing. The end to the show made it perfect.

I didnt find last season boring per say, as much as hard to watch, with the season opener deaths and the subjugation of the chacters.

Still liking your description, as i want some action, too!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

guns blazing.
they need to turn the auto-aim on 'cause this A-Team level shooting is getting ridiculous.

Characters shown capable of picking off at zombies at 50+ yards are missing targets 10 feet away.

stahp it.

Last edited by marwash22 on Oct 30th, 2017 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:11 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8c/1e/5a/8c1e5a1f4cd456f721e62129d424cacf--the-comedian-matthew-goode.jpg[/IMG

So I did some googling, seems he lost 40 pounds for his "Texas Rising" role, a man living in the woods with tuberculosis, so that explains why he looks sickly thin. But that was in 2015. So wondering if he's not gained the weight/mass back because he's still playing Negan.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote