KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 181 182 [183] 184 185 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

How many Alexandrians are left? Aaron, Tobin, Bruce, and Scott are pretty much the only ones still alive at this point.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:48 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think I hate the music in this show. It's the type of music that gets added when the producers don't trust their audience is smart enough to know what to feel and when. That or it's a substitute for the lack of emotional investment in any of the 100 different characters whose names I don't remember.

They really wanted to telegraph Eric getting shot the whole episode, didn't they? I only remembered his name because... Aaron? said it at the end.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:24 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

This is clearly the WAR ZONE season of The Walking Dead and I like it. There has been enough characterization to give a pause but the action is the foundation of the show now.

Bullets, blood and zombies works for me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 06:03 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
How many Alexandrians are left? Aaron, Tobin, Bruce, and Scott are pretty much the only ones still alive at this point.
Heath.

we never saw him die. When i read that Rick would run into someone he knew, i thought i would be him, but instead we got Morales, who i didn't even remember until i looked him up.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:00 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
So I did some googling, seems he lost 40 pounds for his "Texas Rising" role, a man living in the woods with tuberculosis, so that explains why he looks sickly thin. But that was in 2015. So wondering if he's not gained the weight/mass back because he's still playing Negan.

Yeah, that'd explain it. And it would probably have been around the time they were also filming his TWD debut. And once the character was portrayed that way onscreen, they were kind of stuck with it. Because it would look extremely weird if Negan suddenly bulked up 40 lbs, in virtually zero time story-wise, without any explanation.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 01:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by marwash22
Heath.

we never saw him die. When i read that Rick would run into someone he knew, i thought i would be him, but instead we got Morales, who i didn't even remember until i looked him up.

That's literally the exact thing that occurred with me. I thought Heath was going to reappear, and has to Google Morales....

...which ended up being pointless anyways since Daryl wasted him. And Jesus is pissing me off. Just let Morgan kill the long haired guy. It would be like letting the Nazis at Numerburg live.

Also, I seem to be in an extreme minority, but I love the character of Tara. She's morphed from a compassionate optimist to a vengeful soldier. I like the dark path she is taking and I hope that she becomes even more murderous, a dark Angel to compete with Jesus' annoying pacifism. It enjoyable watching her and Jesus be like the bad and good sides of Morgan's conscience, and I hope they continue this dynamic, although I also hope Jesus doesn't come off as moral victor every time.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 03:29 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Also, how many bullets have they wasted this season? Rick wasted entire clips not hitting anybody

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 03:53 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

agreed.

seems like two sides are forming in our good guy group.

Daryl, King Zeke and Tara want to kill them all, show no mercy and leave no survivors; While Jesus and Maggie are taking the more forgiving route, giving people second chances and offering redemption.

Morgan seems to go back and forth and Rick is somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 03:59 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Lestov16
Also, how many bullets have they wasted this season? Rick wasted entire clips not hitting anybody
agree with this too.

When the small heard of walkers came down the hill, they didn't need to shoot them. That was manageable enough to handle with knives and such.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:03 PM
LordofBrooklyn

The inevitable slow down took place but this time the balance was there unlike the prior 2 seasons, They created a greater connection to King Ezekiel and The Kingdom while keeping the action and tension high.

The first half of this season is going really well so far.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 04:33 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The Saviors [SPOILER - highlight to read]: really are getting their shit pushed in so far this season. Other than what happened to Ezekiel and his group, as well as a handful of other casualties, it's been pretty much one-way traffic so far. And Ezekiel should feel guilty. He got cocky. I mean they were literally standing around in the open, right outside an enemy base. Even if those guys didn't pack heavy guns, it was still sloppy, risky and foolish to approach that way.

But the Saviors have lost a lot of manpower, multiple outposts, some of their heavy weaponry, and their main stronghold is being swarmed by hundreds, if not thousands, of walkers. And with no heavy guns coming to aid them, and large numbers of the Saviors who were in other areas either dead or captured, it won't be easy restoring order there.

I do wonder what happened to the autistic garbage divers though.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:23 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The Saviors [SPOILER - highlight to read]: really are getting their shit pushed in so far this season. Other than what happened to Ezekiel and his group, as well as a handful of other casualties, it's been pretty much one-way traffic so far. And Ezekiel should feel guilty. He got cocky. I mean they were literally standing around in the open, right outside an enemy base. Even if those guys didn't pack heavy guns, it was still sloppy, risky and foolish to approach that way.

But the Saviors have lost a lot of manpower, multiple outposts, some of their heavy weaponry, and their main stronghold is being swarmed by hundreds, if not thousands, of walkers. And with no heavy guns coming to aid them, and large numbers of the Saviors who were in other areas either dead or captured, it won't be easy restoring order there.

I do wonder what happened to the autistic garbage divers though.

Yeah, but this being TV, i'm waiting for the dropped shoe.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 11:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So was that truck Carol hid behind made of plot armor? Why even attach corrugated sheet metal to your cars for protection when apparently all the vehicles in this show can withstand a non-stop barrage of automatic fire. Why even bother when a guy with a medium machine gun can't hit a guy on a bike or another guy in an open top jeep barely 50 feet away? Or even disable the jeep enough so that it can't catch up beside you.

Getting really hard to care about anything in this show when the protagonists are handed last minute saves multiple times in an episode. Four of them for Ezekiel alone, twice in front of the same locked gate. And then a tiger ex machina for no good reason, why not.

But only 3 bland monologues this episode. Not bad. 'Member when that chubby girl took an arrow through the back of the head mid-motivational speech? I wish more people in the show were spontaneously killed while giving the episode's seventh gay little speech that nobody ever seems to interrupt for some reason.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:34 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Looking forward to seeing how The Saviours hit back after the last ep.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:46 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, that'd explain it. And it would probably have been around the time they were also filming his TWD debut. And once the character was portrayed that way onscreen, they were kind of stuck with it. Because it would look extremely weird if Negan suddenly bulked up 40 lbs, in virtually zero time story-wise, without any explanation.

With how stupid TWD has become, I don't think it'd matter if Negan magically bulked up overnight.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 06:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Negan has been an epic fail.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Negan was truly at his best this past episode. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Seeing him get legitimately mad at Trevor for that entire "wipe out the Kingdom" plan and his entire "people are a resource" mentality was a nice break from the man who seemed flippant about murder these past two seasons. Hearing his backstory and his chill moments with Gabe also made him come off as real. I could see exactly the kind of man he used to be before the apocalypse. Still a hardass, and kind of a dick, but real and he showed he's always cared about people.

Also, I loved Negans balls out attitude with the zombies. He threw open that door with no hesitation and handled that entire situation with Gabe like a badass. Rick really has his work cut out for him.

Also the relief his workers and people felt was palpable. They don't want to shoot him or lose him. All his people actually support him, and that was cool to see. He also talked about someone who used to be in charge before he accused Trevor of backsliding so I'm assuming Trevor used to own the group and that he's the one who went around wiping out settlements and killing all the males in that female settlement, because that sure as hell wasn't Negan. It was cool seeing the Savior side of things this time.
There's more to their group, and I have a feeling things would be a lot worse for everyone if Negan wasn't in charge. This and the Eziekiel episode prior were solid. Everything else this season has been trash. Hopefully they keep it up.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Negan has been an epic fail.
Has anything about Negan appealed to you yet?

PWNT

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Arachnid1

He hates Negan, but fails to grasp the point that he's supposed to.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:00 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Negan was truly at his best this past episode. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Seeing him get legitimately mad at Trevor for that entire "wipe out the Kingdom" plan and his entire "people are a resource" mentality was a nice break from the man who seemed flippant about murder these past two seasons. Hearing his backstory and his chill moments with Gabe also made him come off as real. I could see exactly the kind of man he used to be before the apocalypse. Still a hardass, and kind of a dick, but real and he showed he's always cared about people.

Also, I loved Negans balls out attitude with the zombies. He threw open that door with no hesitation and handled that entire situation with Gabe like a badass. Rick really has his work cut out for him.

Also the relief his workers and people felt was palpable. They don't want to shoot him or lose him. All his people actually support him, and that was cool to see. He also talked about someone who used to be in charge before he accused Trevor of backsliding so I'm assuming Trevor used to own the group and that he's the one who went around wiping out settlements and killing all the males in that female settlement, because that sure as hell wasn't Negan. It was cool seeing the Savior side of things this time.
There's more to their group, and I have a feeling things would be a lot worse for everyone if Negan wasn't in charge. This and the Eziekiel episode prior were solid. Everything else this season has been trash. Hopefully they keep it up.

No. He's a weak villain and ratings are awful which show the audience isn't impressed at all with this tool. He just doesn't work on the series in how they expected.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
No. He's a weak villain and ratings are awful which show the audience isn't impressed at all with this tool. He just doesn't work on the series in how they expected.

He is not physically imposing enough.

It matters.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:43 AM