KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 188 189 [190] 191 192 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The climax of the finale felt kinda rushed, but I guess the episode succeeded for me in being the emotion grab it intended to be. Also like how they did the crossover thing in Fear TWD with Morgan.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 06:51 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So how many "Important Characters" died?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 07:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Rick gives a generic Come to Jesus speech, no one dies, what’s left of Negans badassery vanishes in a laughably bad trick, Rick completely forgets everything Negan and the Saviors did (just because Carl wrote a letter), Morgan’s character given a pep talk and magically changes, all and all a crap finale. Jesus, that idiot Priest, and basically nothing happened other than Rick uncharacteristically changing his stance coz plot, when inevitably the writers are going to invent another evil group of villains to repeat the human conflict plot they’ve rehashed since Woodbury

I’ve loved his show since 2010 and endured a ton of horrible plot contrivances, butt other ham Maggie potentially having conflict with Rick, there isn’t much of a reason to continue with this show anymore

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 09:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Is the Maggie, Jesus thing vs Rick in the comics? Because it seems stupid.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 05:28 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This finale still had a little more action to it than the part of the comics (from what I remember of it) with similar results, so I'm fine with it. Not sure how else Negan would've been stopped without killing him, though trying to appeal to what remained of his humanity (since he really cared for Carl also) only to pull a fast one on him like that felt kinda dirty in hindsight.

Maggie and Daryl still having the angle they have was annoyingly expected. I guess whatever goes down next season of them trying to kill Negan, look forward to Negan laughing and saying "You're sure showing me, Rick".

edit: That I'm not sure about ^, but I agree. It seems unnecessary. Will need to look at the comics again sometime.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 05:42 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I can't wait to rewatch all the character arcs and motivations repeat themselves again next season. And the next. And the next. Aren't stories that have no finality and ending to them just f*cking grand?

That herd is The Whisperers, right? I can't see much point badly rendering them in the distance if it's not.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 03:29 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The sad thing about TWD is that it only has 3 possible plots available to it. After season 4 or 5 it is just wash rinse repeat.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 06:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The scene where Rick double-crosses Negan was in very poor taste. Rick basically used his son's last wishes as a f*cking poker chip to make Negan drop his guard so his throat would be open to a slashey-slash. In the comics Carl is still alive, so Rick didn't seem nearly as b*tchmade when he f*cked Negan over.

Next season will be a 2 year gap that follows 'All Out War'... Which is easily my favorite arc in the comics, because it's awesome to see how far the communities progressed in that time of relative peace.

...Can't wait to see how the show ruins it. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 17th, 2018 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 01:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Can't wait to see how the show ruins it. thumb up
The motto for the past 4 seasons.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:36 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I didn't even watch episodes 11 to 15 of this season. Just jumped to the finale. And it says a lot about how slow and dragged out this show has become that I could skip almost a third of the season and have no issues following the last episode. Sure, there were one or two new tidbits that I picked up that must have happened in the interim, but all of the noteworthy stuff could seemingly have been covered in less than one episode. Never mind five.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 04:31 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They need to trim the season lengths down like Game of Thrones and South Park did. 16 episodes means way too much filler. Does anyone give a shit at all about the Swamp People? Did the Garbage People need to exist? It's just more setpieces, more characters that don't matter, more distractions away from the ones that do, and cumulative hours that don't need to be wasted.

And more gay little speeches needed to be given as motivations.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I've said it before, but if the show stayed truer to the source material(ie. comics), it would be FAR better.

...But that's not going to happen. The show is on its own path now... Cringeworthy as it may be.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 09:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I liked the bit of Negan getting back at/killing Simon for betraying/plotting to kill him and take over, at least. Shows Negan’s not one to be usurped, and crushed the wind pipes of his right hand man...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 11:51 PM
Arachnid1

Finally got around to finishing this. The second half of the season was better. Still not amazing, but better. JDM and Steven Ogg carried these past few season. Both of them stole every scene they were in. I loved Negan squashing the Savior mutiny by navigating the politics of his group, and I loved him completely outplaying Ricks group in the end. They're lucky Eugene had a change of heart. That guy single handedly won the war for them lol. I'm also glad Negan survives for future appearances.

But most of all, I'm glad this arc has ended. It moved like molasses. JDM could only carry it so far. It's been 40 episodes since the Saviors arc began. What really happened in that time? Alexandria fell, they united with two other colonies, and the Saviors were given less violent rule. All that could have been accomplished up in 8 episodes. On the plus side, I am so damn glad to have OG cop Rick back. It sucks it took Carls death to get it, but this was Rick at his best in earlier seasons IMO.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:20 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

So reportedly Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohen are leaving. They truly jumped the shark with Carl's death

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post May 31st, 2018 03:23 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://deadline.com/2018/05/andrew...amc-1202399473/

If this happens and thus they kill off Rick, then I’ll finally be done with the show. I guess Andrew Lincoln recognized how the show became a sinking ship, and is ready to be on his way out.

And the bit about Norman Reedus staying and thus Daryl taking the main character mantle? Ugh, no thanks. If Rick’s gone, I’m gone.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 05:24 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I like Daryl, he's my favourite character, probably because he's not in the comics. Had a feeling for a while that Lauren Cohan would be leaving as she has a couple of other projects in the pipeline I hear. Might pull a Morgan of my own and ditch this show though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:10 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 08:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I want to premise this by saying that I probably won't watch this season at all. Looks like it's picking up at issue #127(the "New Beginning" arc of the comics), which is easily my favorite arc of the entire series to date... And at this point I'm just not convinced the show can/will do it any justice at all, and I'd rather not watch another fantastic story get shit on.

That said, this f*cking cracked me up:

(please log in to view the image)

The meme potential here is staggering. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 06:27 PM